News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Peter King's MMQB  ( 67,101 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Peter King's MMQB
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2007, 08:58:13 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 05, 2007, 03:13:53 PM
Yeah, I still peruse King's crap.  Here's a saucy nugget.  No link because you all know where to find him.

QuoteI love how Favre announced he was coming back on the Friday of Super Bowl week, and told the local paper in town. That is so classic Favre. He picked the time where the world would be most focused on something else, so he could get the minimum amount of attention. Beautiful.

Is Farvarah not the same guy that, last offseason, basically held up the Packers from doing anything significant because they were waiting on word whether he'd be back?  And didn't he have press conferences where he'd announce that he still hadn't made a decision? 

Oh, and by the way:

QuoteTom Brady and O.J. Simpson shared the same South Beach restaurant, but not the same table, Friday night.

If you were a waiter at a restaurant and OJ and his date dined there and she forgot her glasses...you are damn sure going to throw those fucking things in the dumpster.  Am I right?  High five!

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the press section.  I mean, what if Peter King and Rick Reilly were sitting next to each other.

Quotec. Sitting next to Rick Reilly in the press section. "You know what I call Prince?'' he said before halftime. "Not 'The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.' But 'The Artist Formerly Known.'''

Meh.  Rick Reilly, meet Mike Downey.  You may actually be the same person.

If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2007, 10:35:44 AM »
From today's MMQB:

Quotee. Ashamed to say it only took me nine years to see Saving Private Ryan. Memorable movie. Incredible job by Tom Hanks. That's the best I've seen him. And were you as stunned as I was to see Matt Damon show up two-thirds of the way through the movie as the title character?

Yes, Peter, we were all stunned when Matt Damon showed up.  Because none of us had seen the film reviews or any of the publicity for it at the time, nor did we have any way of knowing that Matt Damon would be in the film.

Ya dope.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2007, 10:37:05 AM »
There's no better way to spend your time than reading Peter King's thoughts on a 10 year old movie.

Hey, Trading Places was on last night. Can you believe that Eddie Murphy? He's been overlooked...great comedian. Big things for this kid.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
Quote from: AC on March 05, 2007, 10:37:05 AM
There's no better way to spend your time than reading Peter King's thoughts on a 10 year old movie.

Hey, Trading Places was on last night. Can you believe that Eddie Murphy? He's been overlooked...great comedian. Big things for this kid.

Yeah, but you know what would really help his career?  A fat suit.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2007, 10:47:20 AM »
Quote from: AC on March 05, 2007, 10:37:05 AM

Or his never ending Patriots blowing.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2007, 07:57:07 AM »
BUMP!

I doubt that any of you guys saw this coming, but Peter King really likes Brady Quinn and what the Browns did in the draft.  I think King shed definitely a few tears writing about Phil Savage and how he pulled off something beautiful.  There's enough Brady Quinn stuff in there to make even BK happy. 

Read all about King's Farvurah replacement.

EDIT because I didn't get to this part, yet:

QuoteI think Mike Vick needs to give about 20 golden handshakes to good old friends

Is that like a golden shower?  You're one sick old man, Peter King.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2007, 08:10:41 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on April 30, 2007, 07:57:07 AM
BUMP!

I doubt that any of you guys saw this coming, but Peter King really likes Brady Quinn and what the Browns did in the draft.  I think King shed definitely a few tears writing about Phil Savage and how he pulled off something beautiful.  There's enough Brady Quinn stuff in there to make even BK happy. 

Read all about King's Farvurah replacement.

EDIT because I didn't get to this part, yet:

QuoteI think Mike Vick needs to give about 20 golden handshakes to good old friends

Is that like a golden shower?  You're one sick old man, Peter King.

I didn't see this coming from King

QuoteI think -- and I need some more time to look into this over the next few days -- I find it hard to support Moss to the Patriots, regardless of how little they paid for him.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
Yeah, that surprised me, too.  He'll change his tune by the first preseason game, though.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2007, 08:27:06 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on April 30, 2007, 08:22:27 AM
Yeah, that surprised me, too.  He'll change his tune by the first preseason game, though.

10 Things I Think I Think:

This Starbucks Latte is absoutely delightful. And it's the same color as new Patriot Randy Moss' beautiful touchdown grabbing skin. Mmmmmmm.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2007, 09:13:50 AM »
King's SI.com colleague, third-rate dipshit Dr. Z, graded the Bears' draft as the second-worst in the NFL.  Don't worry, it doesn't appear to be grounded in any sort of logic or coherent thinking.

QuoteBEARS -- D

Their top draft, TE Greg Olsen, doesn't exactly address a need, but that's OK, he could be a high-powered weapon. Unfortunately, I don't find anything in a rather humdrum draft that intrigues me until the fifth round; Kevin Payne, a sleeper, a versatile strong or free safety, and this addresses a real need since Mike Brown seems to be hurt so often now.

Last year he gave the Bears an F.  So I think this bodes really well.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2007, 09:19:55 AM »
Quote from: EG on April 30, 2007, 09:13:50 AM
King's SI.com colleague, third-rate dipshit Dr. Z, graded the Bears' draft as the second-worst in the NFL.  Don't worry, it doesn't appear to be grounded in any sort of logic or coherent thinking.

QuoteBEARS -- D

Their top draft, TE Greg Olsen, doesn't exactly address a need, but that's OK, he could be a high-powered weapon. Unfortunately, I don't find anything in a rather humdrum draft that intrigues me until the fifth round; Kevin Payne, a sleeper, a versatile strong or free safety, and this addresses a real need since Mike Brown seems to be hurt so often now.

Last year he gave the Bears an F.  So I think this bodes really well.

Yeah, cuz uh, the Bears 15th-ranked offense didn't need any more "high-powered weapons" with the Rex-Dez-Ced triumvirate set to light up teh scoreboard for years to come. Moran.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »
You guys should write a letter. 

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »
Analyzing the draft at the moment it happens has to be the stupidest job in all of sports. 

8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on April 30, 2007, 01:23:27 PM
Analyzing the draft at the moment it happens has to be the stupidest job in all of sports. 

Yep.  And yet some people still get worked up over the grades.