News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip  ( 90,410 )

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2007, 04:44:13 PM »
Quote from: forkserker on February 02, 2007, 10:03:24 AM
Quote from: KD on February 02, 2007, 09:59:14 AM
The thing I like about 30 Rock, after having watched Fey's up/down years at SNL, is that you can pretty much pick a joke 15 minutes before it happens.  Once you found out that Reubens was a prince, after having seen his state in the previews, you knew an incest joke was on its way.  After the page and Tracy had their first showdown in the office ("lick her face!," classic) you knew they were going to take that to it's logical extension: the devil/angel back and forth.

Studio 60 is far more predictable. You knew a) the door to the roof would be locked, b) The chinese chick would be all over Nate Corddry, and c) The English chick would show up and catch him lying, and holy shit, I feel like I'm talking about "All My Children", so I'll stop now.

Yeah, and you have to suspend disbelief, and that sucks sometimes.  Why would Matthew Perry's character tell the Corddry kid to lie?  Oh, yeah, so something that happens an episode and a half later makes sense.  I didn't think the door would lock, I just thought the snake would bite that smug guy and Amanda Peet would go into Florence Nightengale mode on him.

Yah mo B there!

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2007, 04:46:43 PM »
The thing I like about 30 Rock, after having watched Fey's up/down years at SNL, is that you can pretty much pick a joke 15 minutes before it happens.  Once you found out that Reubens was a prince, after having seen his state in the previews, you knew an incest joke was on its way.  After the page and Tracy had their first showdown in the office ("lick her face!," classic) you knew they were going to take that to it's logical extension: the devil/angel back and forth.

Studio 60 is far more predictable. You knew a) the door to the roof would be locked, b) The chinese chick would be all over Nate Corddry, and c) The English chick would show up and catch him lying, and holy shit, I feel like I'm talking about "All My Children", so I'll stop now.

It'd be nice if one week Amanda Peet actually learned her lines instead of using cue cards.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »
Quote from: Kermit on February 02, 2007, 04:46:43 PM

It'd be nice if one week Amanda Peet actually learned her lines instead of using cue cards.

Cut her some slack.  She's pregnant.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »
It's cool how the people watching Studio 60 like to pretend that the 30 Rock thread terrorists don't exist.  We're here, and we'll make this thread ours.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

forkserker

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 03, 2007, 10:24:26 AM
It's cool how the people watching Studio 60 like to pretend that the 30 Rock thread terrorists don't exist.  We're here, and we'll make this thread ours.

You're the Head.

I'm the Hair.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »
Was this the first 30 Rock without a Rachel Dratch cameo?  Even though she's not pretty, she would have made that blonde character SO much funnier.  The redneck girl from Vacation is playing that character like a watered-down version of Lindsey Funke.

Yah mo B there!

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
Quote from: KD on February 03, 2007, 04:43:26 PM
Was this the first 30 Rock without a Rachel Dratch cameo?  Even though she's not pretty, she would have made that blonde character SO much funnier.  The redneck girl from Vacation is playing that character like a watered-down version of Lindsey Funke.

I like her retarded eye. Her sister peed in it.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »
Quote from: Augie-O on February 03, 2007, 10:04:28 AM
Quote from: Kermit on February 02, 2007, 04:46:43 PM

Cut her some slack.  She's pregnant.

She is?  I hadn't noticed.  Sorkin should point that out definitely a few more times.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2007, 09:01:11 PM »
I'm fairly certain that I have a head injury because I laughed pretty hard at Tina Fey's "You will never alter drapes in Atlanta, Georgia again because you don't EVER cross a Sugarbaker" line.  Kenneth was gangsta-gangsta as always.  Mistah Jack was simply the best.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 15, 2007, 09:01:11 PM
I'm fairly certain that I have a head injury because I laughed pretty hard at Tina Fey's Danny's "You will never alter drapes in Atlanta, Georgia again because you don't EVER cross a Sugarbaker" "did you and the last honest man get loaded on Jägermeister and forgot that there's like five hundred different kinds of birth control?" line.  Kenneth Simon Stiles was gangsta-gangsta as always.  Mistah Jack Tripp was simply the best.

Fixed.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on February 17, 2007, 11:38:39 AM
I'm fairly certain that I have a head injury because I laughed pretty hard at Tina Fey's Danny's "You will never alter drapes in Atlanta, Georgia again because you don't EVER cross a Sugarbaker" "did you and the last honest man get loaded on Jägermeister and forgot that there's like five hundred different kinds of birth control?" line.  Kenneth Simon Stiles was gangsta-gangsta as always.  Mistah Jack Tripp was simply the best.

Fixed.

Aw Kurt, don't do this to yourself.  Studio 60 is deader than dogshit.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070217/LIFE/702170302/1005

Let it go, man, let it go.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »
I thought Sports Night was too precocious, West Wing too much, but I liked Studio 60.  A LOT.  Pissed off, now.

Yah mo B there!

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on February 17, 2007, 11:38:39 AM

Fixed.

Yeah, quit being a fungdark.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2007, 08:50:07 PM »
No comeback?  You're burnt!

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:25 PM »
I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.