News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: National Tonkoon's Vacation  ( 51,910 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: National Tonkoon's Vacation
« Reply #345 on: August 03, 2015, 10:03:07 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 03, 2015, 09:40:55 PM
Quote from: flannj on August 03, 2015, 09:19:17 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 03, 2015, 07:53:28 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 03, 2015, 11:22:26 AM
Quote from: Tonker on August 03, 2015, 11:08:46 AM
Anybody know anywhere in the city with batting cages/pitching machines?  What's the deal with Sluggers?  Their website is fucking useless.

With the Cubs out of town Sluggers is a winner for your kids. They have cages upstairs, softball and baseball, fast and slow. They have other games like ski ball and pop-a-shot (||) plus pinball etc. When I was a kid, my parents took me there before games and I don't think I ever had more fun prior to pubescence, when I discovered a better pop-a-shot game in my own bathroom.

Don't know their hours but if you go there late afternoonish, you should be all good.

On game days: Choad Central. Beware.

Good shout, boys: the kids nearly shat themselves with happiness at the whole Sluggers upstairs experience, not hurt by the fact that we had the place to ourselves.  They want to go every day.

And while we're on the subject of Sluggers, I am a fucking beast.  I will send that "medium baseball" junk that you're throwing right back through your motherfucking face and out the other side.

While doing a drag into a step over?

I have no idea what that means, but I'm so fucking good at hitting a baseball I'm going to say "yes" to whatever it is.

You'd think a Kiwi would know these things.

Especially since your favorite Real Madrid player is notorious for the move.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: August 03, 2015, 10:20:33 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 03, 2015, 10:03:07 PM
Anybody know anywhere in the city with batting cages/pitching machines?  What's the deal with Sluggers?  Their website is fucking useless.

With the Cubs out of town Sluggers is a winner for your kids. They have cages upstairs, softball and baseball, fast and slow. They have other games like ski ball and pop-a-shot (||) plus pinball etc. When I was a kid, my parents took me there before games and I don't think I ever had more fun prior to pubescence, when I discovered a better pop-a-shot game in my own bathroom.

Don't know their hours but if you go there late afternoonish, you should be all good.

Good shout, boys: the kids nearly shat themselves with happiness at the whole Sluggers upstairs experience, not hurt by the fact that we had the place to ourselves.  They want to go every day.

And while we're on the subject of Sluggers, I am a fucking beast.  I will send that "medium baseball" junk that you're throwing right back through your motherfucking face and out the other side.

I have no idea what that means, but I'm so fucking good at hitting a baseball I'm going to say "yes" to whatever it is.

Right.  Okay, I do know what that is.  Honestly, though, of all the things you could have been talking about, there, football was low on my list of expectations.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: August 03, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 03, 2015, 09:44:02 PM
If anybody is going to the Brewers day game (August 13th) and has a couple of spare tickets, by the way, let me know.  HTonk and I will probably walk up anyway but it would be nicer to go with some of youse cunts if we could.

Bumped because this is now at the bottom of the previous page, where no bugger will see it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: August 03, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 03, 2015, 10:20:33 PM
Quote from: flannj on August 03, 2015, 10:03:07 PM

Right.  Okay, I do know what that is.  Honestly, though, of all the things you could have been talking about, there, football was low on my list of expectations.

Not everything in life is a euphemism.
Except maybe here.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: August 03, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 03, 2015, 09:44:02 PM
If anybody is going to the Brewers day game (August 13th) and has a couple of spare tickets, by the way, let me know.  HTonk and I will probably walk up anyway but it would be nicer to go with some of youse cunts if we could.

Careful, Tonk.  You'd better hope Ned Yost doesn't learn of this uppity attitude and have you thrown at in order to enforce the Unwritten Rules of the Game.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: August 03, 2015, 11:26:57 PM »

If the kids enjoyed it, try out the Bunny Hutch on Lincoln Ave. batting cages, mini golf and hot dogs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: August 05, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 19, 2015, 05:17:39 PM
So now its is time for Tonkoon Vacation part 2, electric boogaloo....

While showing Chinatown off to the lovely Thomas family, we figured out that both of us have tickets to the Friday August 7th 3:05 game with the Giants (PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS).  Thinking a post game event at my house would be fun.  I am within walking distance of the park and we can have some food and drink and generally hang out.  Let me know if anyone would be interested....

Is this a thing that is happening? The Tonkfest at Hawkquarters?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »
Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2015, 09:44:08 AM
Quote from: thehawk on July 19, 2015, 05:17:39 PM
So now its is time for Tonkoon Vacation part 2, electric boogaloo....

While showing Chinatown off to the lovely Thomas family, we figured out that both of us have tickets to the Friday August 7th 3:05 game with the Giants (PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS).  Thinking a post game event at my house would be fun.  I am within walking distance of the park and we can have some food and drink and generally hang out.  Let me know if anyone would be interested....

Is this a thing that is happening? The Tonkfest at Hawkquarters?

This is a thing that is happening  (so far the family of the hour and Chuck and gang are confirmed). 

Getting together for a post-game get together at my place (please message me for address-I am about a 10-15 minute walk from the park (near Belmont el).))  guessing that will be around 6 ish .  Figured it will be dogs and beer or something like that with a later trek to Scooters.  All welcome but please message me so I and MsHawk have an idea of how many we will have.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: August 05, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
Anybody fancy dropping into, say, Simon's for a swift half and a Cubs game one evening?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:09 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 05, 2015, 11:47:55 AM
Anybody fancy dropping into, say, Simon's for a swift half and a Cubs game one evening?

Booze, cruise, tunes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2015, 04:01:49 PM »

One block north, same side of the street. George's Sweet Shop. Owned by my old 6th grade science teacher. 

One half block south, same side of the street. Hopleaf. About 100 different kids of beers.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2015, 05:18:24 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 05, 2015, 04:01:49 PM

One block north, same side of the street. George's Sweet Shop. Owned by my old 6th grade science teacher. 

One half block south, same side of the street. Hopleaf. About 100 different kids of beers.

Up the street is Big Jones, damn good Southern cuisine.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2015, 05:25:16 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 05, 2015, 05:18:24 PM

Up the street is Big Jones, damn good Southern cuisine.

There's a Huey Hot Dogs just west of Clark on Balmoral.

You can bet your sweet ass that they don't put ketchup on the dog.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »

Hopleaf's closer to me, but doesn't have screens, which is why I suggested Simon's.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: August 06, 2015, 10:07:12 AM »
Anybody know when Chicago-area kids go back to school?  Little bastards are clogging everything up for me and my adorable Tonklets.