News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 68,715 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 14, 2015, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 14, 2015, 11:04:50 AM
Would it interest anybody to know that Soler's OBP is actually slightly higher than it was in his callup last year?  His SLG is significantly down, and I know his strikeouts are up but his stat line overall is far from atrocious. I know I'm not alone in thinking he's doing worse than his callup last year, but when you look at his numbers, he's hanging in there.  Just wanted to inject some joyful positive to pre-empt my own little concern with his sudden propensity to chase shit low and away.  I think it's a matter of him making a big splash, and pitchers adjusting to him and now it's on him to adjust to them.  I'm certain he sees a lot more pitches per at-bat than last year if that helps.  Once he stops chasing that shit there are going to be big boners and wet panties around the ole' ballyard.

Once pitchers find a weakness, they will barrage him with exploiting it. I read on fangraphs about Mike Trout's weakness with high fastballs which was magnified in the Royals series last postseason. Since then, Trout has adjusted...Soler needs to make his adjustment too. And low and away junk pitches are unhittable...so hopefully Soler can learn to lay off.

SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Black Latino's with stupid power and last names beginning with SO who can't lay off that pitch? I've seen it too many times. Epstink is terrible.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on May 14, 2015, 11:17:00 AM
Would it interest anybody to know that Soler's OBP is actually slightly higher than it was in his callup last year?  His SLG is significantly down, and I know his strikeouts are up but his stat line overall is far from atrocious. I know I'm not alone in thinking he's doing worse than his callup last year, but when you look at his numbers, he's hanging in there.  Just wanted to inject some joyful positive to pre-empt my own little concern with his sudden propensity to chase shit low and away.  I think it's a matter of him making a big splash, and pitchers adjusting to him and now it's on him to adjust to them.  I'm certain he sees a lot more pitches per at-bat than last year if that helps.  Once he stops chasing that shit there are going to be big boners and wet panties around the ole' ballyard.

Once pitchers find a weakness, they will barrage him with exploiting it. I read on fangraphs about Mike Trout's weakness with high fastballs which was magnified in the Royals series last postseason. Since then, Trout has adjusted...Soler needs to make his adjustment too. And low and away junk pitches are unhittable...so hopefully Soler can learn to lay off.

SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Black Latino's with stupid power and last names beginning with SO who can't lay off that pitch? I've seen it too many times. Epstink is terrible.

Shawon Dunston's not Latino and his failure to ever learn to lay off that shit should be on his fucking tombstone.

Also, Sammy did eventually start laying off that pitch.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I still think he's mostly just shitty when it's cold and he'll wreck shit all summer long.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 14, 2015, 11:22:35 AM
I still think he's mostly just shitty when it's cold

The bullshit toleration in this thread is something to behold.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 14, 2015, 11:20:04 AM

SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Shawon Dunston's not Latino and his failure to ever learn to lay off that shit should be on his fucking tombstone.

Also, Sammy did eventually start laying off that pitch.

So he claims.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

I'd find the irony pretty delicious if the prospect about whom Chuck has probably touted the most ended up basically being Soriano*.

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
.280/.329/.477 (.806 OPS)
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

Soriano's final year with the Cubs
.262/.322/.499 (.821 OPS)
25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

* The rest of us would be elated, I'm sure.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 14, 2015, 11:48:57 AM
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

I'd find the irony pretty delicious if the prospect about whom Chuck has probably touted the most ended up basically being Soriano*.

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

I'd be disappointed if he turned out to be a 37 year old Soriano.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

Why are you comparing 23 year old Soler to 37 year old Soriano?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on May 14, 2015, 12:06:18 PM
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

I'm sure Chuck would have something to say about the commitments to both being far from equal too.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on May 14, 2015, 12:10:01 PM
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

I'm sure Chuck would have something to say about the commitments to both being far from equal too.

Chuck always has something to say. Let's not encourage that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on May 14, 2015, 12:19:46 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 14, 2015, 12:10:01 PM
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

Chuck always has something to say. Let's not encourage that.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 14, 2015, 12:07:49 PM
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

Because so far Soler has posted similar numbers to how we last remember Soriano and I'm stickpoking Chuck and when did that become wrong?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 14, 2015, 12:29:07 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 14, 2015, 12:07:49 PM
SO-sa
SO-riano
SO-ler

Actually:

Soler's career so far:
30% K rate, 7.1% BB rate

25% K rate, 7.2% BB rate

Because so far Soler has posted similar numbers to how we last remember Soriano and I'm stickpoking Chuck and when did that become wrong?

It's not the dollars, it's the years.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
See, this is why I said not to encourage Chuck.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck