News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 68,536 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest
« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2015, 07:33:51 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 07:21:49 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2015, 06:19:26 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 13, 2015, 08:00:18 PM
His arm did it today. He's a Cardinal slayer.

What a ride it's been for George Sun.  The way he burst on the scene last September--particularly against the Cardinals.  And that month is followed by his inconsistent play and health through the early cold, days of this year.  He showed flashes, but never seemed to get on any kind of a roll like he was last year, leaving us to wonder what we had.

And then this fucking series, where I think he made it clear that as long as he's healthy we probaly don't have to worry about much at all.  I mean, that throw was from DEEP right field.  This guy.

Since he's come back from the DL he looks like he's put it all together. He's more patient, his swing is less upper-cut like and is generating more power, and as Fangraphs pointed out, this series especially he's stopped chasing bad pitches and he's been driving breaking balls. If he can sustain that, look out.

His patience has really impressed me. It's just one of those things - when you have THIS much talent - it's almost impossible that all of them will slump at the same time. Did he win DS MVP or is that not a real award?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2015, 07:34:51 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 14, 2015, 07:33:51 AM

What a ride it's been for George Sun.  The way he burst on the scene last September--particularly against the Cardinals.  And that month is followed by his inconsistent play and health through the early cold, days of this year.  He showed flashes, but never seemed to get on any kind of a roll like he was last year, leaving us to wonder what we had.

And then this fucking series, where I think he made it clear that as long as he's healthy we probaly don't have to worry about much at all.  I mean, that throw was from DEEP right field.  This guy.

Since he's come back from the DL he looks like he's put it all together. He's more patient, his swing is less upper-cut like and is generating more power, and as Fangraphs pointed out, this series especially he's stopped chasing bad pitches and he's been driving breaking balls. If he can sustain that, look out.

His patience has really impressed me. It's just one of those things - when you have THIS much talent - it's almost impossible that all of them will slump at the same time. Did he win DS MVP or is that not a real award?

It's not a real award, but the guys from NSBB are sending him a t-shirt and a plaque and Wendy's gift certificates.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2015, 09:20:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 07:34:51 AM

It's not a real award, but the guys from NSBB are sending him a t-shirt and a plaque and Wendy's gift certificates.

Holy shit I forgot about NSBB. Is that still a thing?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 07:34:51 AM

+1 LSA
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2015, 10:32:45 AM »
And what a sharp looking t-shirt it is.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: October 14, 2015, 10:47:35 AM »
Quote from: D. Doluntap on October 14, 2015, 10:32:45 AM

Francis Beltran is a name I haven't thought of in at least 10 years and will probably never think of again.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 14, 2015, 10:47:35 AM

Francis Beltran is a name I haven't thought of in at least 10 years and will probably never think of again.

Matt Fucking Clement
Kent Twatting Mercker
Mike Cunting Remlinger
LaTroy LaTroying Hawkins

Jesus wept.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 14, 2015, 10:56:04 AM

Matt Fucking Clement
Kent Twatting Mercker
Mike Cunting Remlinger
LaTroy LaTroying Hawkins

Jesus wept.

GET OUT. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THIS GARBAGE. The 2004 Cubs are the last fucking thing I want on my mind today. Get them out of Jorge's glorious thread.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 10:57:00 AM

Matt Fucking Clement
Kent Twatting Mercker
Mike Cunting Remlinger
LaTroy LaTroying Hawkins

Jesus wept.

GET OUT. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THIS GARBAGE. The 2004 Cubs are the last fucking thing I want on my mind today. Get them out of Jorge's glorious thread.

That's exactly how I felt the very minute I saw Kent Mercker's name.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46:12 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM

Matt Fucking Clement
Kent Twatting Mercker
Mike Cunting Remlinger
LaTroy LaTroying Hawkins

Jesus wept.

Who?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 14, 2015, 11:46:12 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM

Matt Fucking Clement
Kent Twatting Mercker
Mike Cunting Remlinger
LaTroy LaTroying Hawkins

Jesus wept.

Who the fuck is Kent Mercker?

Specified'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2016, 09:09:33 AM »
This is no longer blocked behind the Fangraphs + paywall so here's a nice article on those of us who are on the "don't trade Jorge" bandwagon:

QuoteSo Soler, just by doing what he's done so far, is very likely to be a regular, better than a coin flip to be an average major leaguer, and still has a one in five chance of being a star. Those rates compare favorably to a top ten prospect who has been unsullied by major league time. Recent research suggests that top ten position player prospects have a 53% chance of being regulars, and a 35% chance of being superior.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2016, 09:41:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 10, 2016, 09:09:33 AM
This is no longer blocked behind the Fangraphs + paywall so here's a nice article on those of us who are on the "don't trade Jorge" bandwagon:

QuoteSo Soler, just by doing what he's done so far, is very likely to be a regular, better than a coin flip to be an average major leaguer, and still has a one in five chance of being a star. Those rates compare favorably to a top ten prospect who has been unsullied by major league time. Recent research suggests that top ten position player prospects have a 53% chance of being regulars, and a 35% chance of being superior.

Apropos of nothing, but from the article:

QuoteThe aging curve we created to try and show how up-the-middle players aged compared to pull-happy players didn't show what Votto thought it might. It looks like pull-happy players might even age a little better than the alternative. But there was an unexpected quirk! Young up-the-middle players surged forward and improved mightily until they hit 25 years old.

That bolded sentence, why is this a thing that so many baseball writers do now? I see it all over the place! It's very jarring.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2016, 09:57:22 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 10, 2016, 09:41:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 10, 2016, 09:09:33 AM

Apropos of nothing, but from the article:

QuoteThe aging curve we created to try and show how up-the-middle players aged compared to pull-happy players didn't show what Votto thought it might. It looks like pull-happy players might even age a little better than the alternative. But there was an unexpected quirk! Young up-the-middle players surged forward and improved mightily until they hit 25 years old.

That bolded sentence, why is this a thing that so many baseball writers do now? I see it all over the place! It's very jarring.

I guess you gotta do something to spice up the number crunching. Insert random exclamation!

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: April 16, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »
Fucking crushed that last one. Soler's looking really good the last few days.