News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,695 )

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 17, 2007, 11:02:30 AM
Quote from: The Ghost of Chris Benoit on July 17, 2007, 10:52:30 AM
Quote from: CT II on July 17, 2007, 10:33:33 AM
Quote from: JS on July 17, 2007, 10:04:10 AM
Quote from: Fourk on July 17, 2007, 09:55:35 AM

Back to the pitchout - between that & the squeeze play vs. the Sox, that's two games Piniella won lately.

I'd forgotten what it was like to see the Cubs' manager win a game. awake during a game.

Dude'd

Dusty wasn't asleep during the game.  He just couldn't see the field from the dugout, so he couldn't really do anything strategic like that.  I'm not sure how Lou does it.  He must have some secret method, like standing up occassionally or something.

It's a little known fact that Lou Piniella is 9 feet tall.

He's also never been in my kitchen.

He makes love like an eagle falling out of the sky.
He killed a sensei in a duel and he never said why.

Now if only he could kill Eyre witha stare......

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:46 PM »
Quote from: ChuckDickens on July 16, 2007, 01:20:16 PM
Quote from: TJ on July 16, 2007, 01:11:19 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on July 16, 2007, 01:07:30 PM
Quote from: flannj on July 16, 2007, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: Fourk on July 16, 2007, 09:14:46 AM
Quote from: Slaky! on July 16, 2007, 09:06:04 AM
Quote"The fans have been unbelievable," DeRosa said. "And as good as they've been, that's how hard they rode us early on, and rightfully so. We deserved it at that time. I really get a kick out of the signs like 'It's Gonna Happen.'

"Hopefully we buy into that. I know a lot of guys think something special is going on right now, and we're just trying to ride it out."

I saw a guy with that sign on TV. Looked like a professional sign, nice graphics on an acrylic board...probably someone in Marketing came up with that - look for T-shirts to show up any minute now.
The guys who are involved with that slogan started it for Chicago's Olympic bid. The city was close to buying into it but eventully decided against. Olympic logo legal issues. They are now selling it with a Cub tie in.

http://www.itsgonnahappen.com/index.htm

If I told you who is behind this you wouldn't believe it.

Is it you, flannj? Are you cflanns@comcast.net?

Registrant:
Future Endeavors
John Murray
926 S. Spring
La Grange, IL 60525

Email: cflanns@comcast.net

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: itsgonnahappen.com

Created on..............: Tue, May 29, 2007
Expires on..............: Thu, May 29, 2008
Record last updated on..: Thu, Jul 12, 2007

Administrative Contact:
Future Endeavors
John Murray
926 S. Spring
La Grange, IL 60525
US
Phone: +1.7735312344
Email: john.gracetuckjamey@gmail.com

Sorry. I need to quit pretending to be Veronica Mars.

Or is it the John Murray who wanted to fight Randy Myers after he gave up an 8th inning home run?

Nice catch, TJ.

Check out the current issue of SI.
Another example how some people can turn shit into gold.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 26, 2007, 12:53:46 PM

Please don't tell me this scrotumhead's stupid slogan is getting traction.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 26, 2007, 12:57:34 PM

Oh I'm tellin' ya.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2007, 01:00:50 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 26, 2007, 12:58:48 PM

Oh I'm tellin' ya.

We should write letters to the editor (how 4-letter of me), telling them all about this loser and how many times he;'s tried to market the phrase.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »

Oh I'm tellin' ya.
Here you go.
I suggest you get rid of any sharp objects within arms reach first.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/07/24/cubs0730/index.html

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »

Oh I'm tellin' ya.

The fucking headline. Enough to inspire a kid to arson.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »
I made through two paragraphs.  Ugh...
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »

Great thing is, the color photos show it to be in Red Sox font.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »
Quote from: bozos72 on July 26, 2007, 02:56:34 PM

The bulk of it is just recounting the Cubs' surge, so (despite comparing this year to "2003 and '04, when the Cubs were star-crossed contenders" -- '04? kill me now) it's not entirely awful. E.g.:

QuoteIn his team's first 97 games, Piniella had used 84 different lineups, just none as different as the one he used last Friday against the Diamondbacks and 2006 Cy Young winner Brandon Webb. Piniella gave first baseman Scott Moore, called up from Triple A Iowa earlier that day, his first big league start of the season and used batboy-sized second baseman Mike Fontenot in the third spot in the lineup for the first time in Fontenot's career. Asked what advice he received from Lee, the normal No. 3 hitter, who was serving a five-game suspension for a June 16 fight with San Diego Padres' pitcher Chris Young, Fontenot replied, "Hit some singles and steal some bases."

Even the discussion of our friendly neighborhood professional douchebag might've even been worthwhile had they either confirmed or denied our suspicions as to his true identity and checkered past.

But no such luck:

QuoteThe blue Lance Armstrong-style IT'S GONNA HAPPEN bracelets in DeRosa's locker aren't worth much now, but if 2007 turns into the Summer of Cub, they could turn to gold on eBay someday. They were sent to DeRosa by John Murray, a commodities trader who trademarked the slogan with Chicago's bid for the 2016 Olympics in mind and now hawks his wares outside Wrigley and on the Internet. Unlike the Cubs' playoff chances, of course, the bracelets are in the bag. "I don't know if I'm going to go as far as to start wearing one," DeRosa said, "but I think it's pretty neat."

Sometimes, if not inevitably, "it" happens. Even to swaggering Cubbies.

Fuck me.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2007, 03:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on July 26, 2007, 03:19:37 PM

The bulk of it is just recounting the Cubs' surge, so (despite comparing this year to "2003 and '04, when the Cubs were star-crossed contenders" -- '04? kill me now) it's not entirely awful. E.g.:

QuoteIn his team's first 97 games, Piniella had used 84 different lineups, just none as different as the one he used last Friday against the Diamondbacks and 2006 Cy Young winner Brandon Webb. Piniella gave first baseman Scott Moore, called up from Triple A Iowa earlier that day, his first big league start of the season and used batboy-sized second baseman Mike Fontenot in the third spot in the lineup for the first time in Fontenot's career. Asked what advice he received from Lee, the normal No. 3 hitter, who was serving a five-game suspension for a June 16 fight with San Diego Padres' pitcher Chris Young, Fontenot replied, "Hit some singles and steal some bases."

Even the discussion of our friendly neighborhood professional douchebag might've even been worthwhile had they either confirmed or denied our suspicions as to his true identity and checkered past.

But no such luck:

QuoteThe blue Lance Armstrong-style IT'S GONNA HAPPEN bracelets in DeRosa's locker aren't worth much now, but if 2007 turns into the Summer of Cub, they could turn to gold on eBay someday. They were sent to DeRosa by John Murray, a commodities trader who trademarked the slogan with Chicago's bid for the 2016 Olympics in mind and now hawks his wares outside Wrigley and on the Internet. Unlike the Cubs' playoff chances, of course, the bracelets are in the bag. "I don't know if I'm going to go as far as to start wearing one," DeRosa said, "but I think it's pretty neat."

f@#$ me.

Again, letter time. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't John Murray the same commodities broker who ran onto the field to attack Randy Myers?"

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
Quote from: Fourk on July 26, 2007, 03:22:21 PM

But no such luck:

f@#$ me.

Again, letter time. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't John Murray the same commodities broker who ran onto the field to attack Randy Myers?"

One woud think.  I'm conflicted since I kinda like what that guy did.

Haven't read the article.  I try not to get too big of a case of the Angries 1/2 hour before an appointment.

And letter-writing won't help.  It's too late.  Toothpaste is out of the tube and all that.  Just brace yourself.

Still wouldn't hurt if somebody wrote up a standard letter and we all sent it with whatever variations we felt like including.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on July 26, 2007, 03:29:04 PM
Quote from: Fourk on July 26, 2007, 03:22:21 PM

But no such luck:

f@#$ me.

One woud think.  I'm conflicted since I kinda like what that guy did.

Haven't read the article.  I try not to get too big of a case of the Angries 1/2 hour before an appointment.

And letter-writing won't help.  It's too late.  Toothpaste is out of the tube and all that.  Just brace yourself.

Still wouldn't hurt if somebody wrote up a standard letter and we all sent it with whatever variations we felt like including.

Better yet, make professionally-printed signs of our own...

Something like: "Randy Myers says 'Sit the f@#$ down, douche motherf@#$er'"... except, you know, spelling out W-G-N for the cameras.

HST Redux

• When teh going gets weird....
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »
Well, there is a John P. Murray who lists an address at 926 S. Spring in LaGrange who gave $600 to Durkin for U.S. Senate in 2002 and lists his occupation as a CBOT trader.

http://tinyurl.com/2bfeuu

Just sayin'.
"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." - Hunter S. Thompson

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
Quote from: HST Redux on July 26, 2007, 03:52:09 PM
Well, there is a John P. Murray who lists an address at 926 S. Spring in LaGrange who gave $600 to Durkin for U.S. Senate in 2002 and lists his occupation as a CBOT trader.

http://tinyurl.com/2bfeuu

Just sayin'.

A Cook County Republican? And a contributor to a sound-alike candidate, to boot?

Ouch.