News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your new manager is...  ( 8,561 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your new manager is...
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »
Dale Sveum

Thoughts?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Your new manager is...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »
I have no strong opinions about this.

"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
I haven't seen that many shirtless man-hugs since {something gay involving Todd}.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
DAYLES WAYME
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
All I can think about was how unseasonably warm it must have been that day.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:25:51 AM »
What does Sveum mean for BH man-crush Rudy Jaramillo?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »
He is still waiting for Boston to make an offer first right? We offered, but Sveum hasn't accepted yet?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 16, 2011, 10:49:25 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 16, 2011, 10:41:57 PM
DAYLES WAYME

BYEBYE MY KWADDIE!

WAYMEBALL?

I'm sorry, that's too ridiculous, even for us.  Hire somebody else.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 08:30:08 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 17, 2011, 08:26:48 AM
He is still waiting for Boston to make an offer first right? We offered, but Sveum hasn't accepted yet?

The talk in Boston seems to be that the Red Sox are resigned to continuing their search...

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2011/11/17/dale-sveum-could-headed-cubs/5ERKpSrGl48bFCY84NRm4M/story.html

QuoteMILWAUKEE - The Red Sox are prepared to open up their search for a new manager as the candidate they once seemed to favor, Dale Sveum, neared an agreement with Theo Epstein and the Chicago Cubs.

Team president Larry Lucchino said last night that the Sox could "absolutely'' add more candidates to their list.

General manager Ben Cherington agreed that was a possibility, but said that one of the current candidates could get the job of replacing Terry Francona.

Sveum appeared to be the leading candidate yesterday afternoon when he met with Cherington, Henry, Lucchino, and Werner for lunch and a second interview.

Their meeting at Ward's House of Prime in downtown Milwaukee lasted approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

"We had a nice lunch,'' Werner said upon returning to Major League Baseball's owners meetings at the Pfister Hotel. "That's all I really have to say.''

Sveum had met with the Cubs on Tuesday night. For him, Chicago may be a better fit. By the end of the night, multiple reports had him nearing an agreement to manage the Cubs.

One of Sveum's strengths is as an instructor, a quality that could prove valuable as Epstein rebuilds the Cubs. The Cubs also conduct spring training in Arizona, where Sveum resides in the offseason. He also is more familiar with the National League Central given his six seasons with the Brewers.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 17, 2011, 08:30:08 AM

The talk in Boston seems to be that the Red Sox are resigned to continuing their search...

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2011/11/17/dale-sveum-could-headed-cubs/5ERKpSrGl48bFCY84NRm4M/story.html

QuoteMILWAUKEE - The Red Sox are prepared to open up their search for a new manager as the candidate they once seemed to favor, Dale Sveum, neared an agreement with Theo Epstein and the Chicago Cubs.

Team president Larry Lucchino said last night that the Sox could "absolutely'' add more candidates to their list.

General manager Ben Cherington agreed that was a possibility, but said that one of the current candidates could get the job of replacing Terry Francona.

Sveum appeared to be the leading candidate yesterday afternoon when he met with Cherington, Henry, Lucchino, and Werner for lunch and a second interview.

Their meeting at Ward's House of Prime in downtown Milwaukee lasted approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

"We had a nice lunch,'' Werner said upon returning to Major League Baseball's owners meetings at the Pfister Hotel. "That's all I really have to say.''

Sveum had met with the Cubs on Tuesday night. For him, Chicago may be a better fit. By the end of the night, multiple reports had him nearing an agreement to manage the Cubs.

One of Sveum's strengths is as an instructor, a quality that could prove valuable as Epstein rebuilds the Cubs. The Cubs also conduct spring training in Arizona, where Sveum resides in the offseason. He also is more familiar with the National League Central given his six seasons with the Brewers.

I hope Boston takes their time only to hire lloyd mcclendon.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:50 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 17, 2011, 08:42:55 AM

I don't see how Lloyd McClendon would be terrible. Is it because he failed to lead those great late 90s/early aughts Pirates to the glory Jim Leyland led them to in the early 90s?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 09:15:40 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 17, 2011, 08:45:50 AM

I don't see how Lloyd McClendon would be terrible. Is it because he failed to lead those great late 90s/early aughts Pirates to the glory Jim Leyland led them to in the early 90s?

It's because he peaked in Little League.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »

He didn't have great teams, I agree. But his in game managing rivals Dusty Baker.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 17, 2011, 09:15:40 AM

It's because he peaked in Little League.

I know he was a hero in Williamsport, PA, but let's not discount that chubby mutha's contributions to the '89 division winner.  Lloyd was all kinds of awesome that year. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs