News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2015 Blackhawks playoffs thread  ( 18,528 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2015 Blackhawks playoffs thread
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 02:53:20 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 20, 2015, 02:30:43 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2015, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Bonk on May 20, 2015, 02:02:31 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2015, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 22, 2015, 10:13:28 AM
As is well documented, I don't give any shits about hockey, but I have no idea how you guys do this all the time.

Seems like every single Blackhawks playoff game goes at least 1 overtime and the entire time is completely anxiety-filled, non-stop action.  

I can only assume you use each period/overtime break to chase down 5 joints with a bottle of Valium.

You people are insane.  

That's about right. Why would anyone want to watch a sport that's non-stop action?

I think I'm finally sobering up from last night. Damn that was intense.

The non-stop action part is entirely unrelated to the not caring part.

Professional table tennis is pretty non-stop - I also don't care for that, though for entirely different reasons that hockey.   

And when the Cubs get as close as the Hawks do on an annual basis, you won't bust out the joints/Valium?

Well, I don't partake in drug use, so I wouldn't. 
Druggie. 

But really, hockey is insane, it's not at all like the level of action in baseball. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2015, 02:53:20 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 20, 2015, 02:30:43 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2015, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Bonk on May 20, 2015, 02:02:31 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2015, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 22, 2015, 10:13:28 AM
As is well documented, I don't give any shits about hockey, but I have no idea how you guys do this all the time.

Seems like every single Blackhawks playoff game goes at least 1 overtime and the entire time is completely anxiety-filled, non-stop action.  

I can only assume you use each period/overtime break to chase down 5 joints with a bottle of Valium.

You people are insane.  

That's about right. Why would anyone want to watch a sport that's non-stop action?

I think I'm finally sobering up from last night. Damn that was intense.

The non-stop action part is entirely unrelated to the not caring part.

Professional table tennis is pretty non-stop - I also don't care for that, though for entirely different reasons that hockey.   

And when the Cubs get as close as the Hawks do on an annual basis, you won't bust out the joints/Valium?

Well, I don't partake in drug use, so I wouldn't. 
Druggie. 

But really, hockey is insane, it's not at all like the level of action in baseball FUCKIN RULES. 

What you meant.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2015, 09:10:53 PM »
How about some splooging for these not gutless non-assholes?

Twenty minutes away from the SCF and my operation to save my liver.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2015, 09:16:21 PM »
Quote from: Bonk on May 30, 2015, 09:10:53 PM

Um, have you been watching this series?  Don't you think your splooging might be a little premature?  (Heh.)

Edit: Cleared to splooge.  HAWKS HAWKS HAWKS HAWKS
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2015, 10:11:08 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 30, 2015, 09:16:21 PM

Um, have you been watching this series?  Don't you think your splooging might be a little premature?  (Heh.)

Yeah, but I felt like after the way they played for the first 40 they weren't '03 LCS-ing that game away.

Plus I predicted that I would be really drunk by the end of Game 6, and I was right about that.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
That was a goddamn clinic.  If the Hawks have 4 more of those in them, it's Cup time.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
One of my kids pointed out last night that Bruce Boudreau and Sir Topham Hatt were seperated at birth...
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2015, 01:59:48 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 31, 2015, 01:12:17 PM
One of my kids pointed out last night that Bruce Boudreau and Sir Topham Hatt were seperated at birth...

I saw some flashes of Don Zimmer. Could have been all the Warped Speed I'd been a drinking, though.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 07:37:53 AM »
Not resizing, because it's the best thing ever.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »

check out this guy who doesn't get it

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 09:32:45 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2015, 08:17:57 AM

Yeah the Hawks are jinx-proof.  They're so good that our shared fear of shit going to hell at the 11th hour doesn't even exist. 

A day after the nut-punching OT loss in Game 5, I told my dad that I actually kind of felt bad for the Ducks, that they were so excited and that it was as close as they were going to get to winning the series.  Such hubris would've gotten me sent to my room as a kid as feeling sorry for your opponent before the game or series was over violated one of the Cardinal Rules concerning jinxing.  Indeed, in late 1983, the Bears suffered a tough late-season loss to the Packers, but not before they actually had the game in hand and the cameras panned to Green Bay coach Bart Starr, whom was likely fired at the season's end.  My mom--remembering Starr as the NFL standard-bearer QB that put that bullshit AFL in its place--vocally expressed sympathy for Starr, at which point my dad got very upset.  Sure enough the Packers rallied back and won the game and my parents nearly got divorced over it.

But not this team.  They don't have any of the baggage that all of the other non-Bulls teams that we've rooted for seemed to have.  Things may have seemed a little tense in the second period but once the Hawks scored the 3rd goal in the 1st  that game was in the bag and I wasn't afraid to think as much at the time.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 09:34:03 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 01, 2015, 09:32:45 AM

Yeah the Hawks are jinx-proof.  They're so good that our shared fear of shit going to hell at the 11th hour doesn't even exist. 

A day after the nut-punching OT loss in Game 5, I told my dad that I actually kind of felt bad for the Ducks, that they were so excited and that it was as close as they were going to get to winning the series.  Such hubris would've gotten me sent to my room as a kid as feeling sorry for your opponent before the game or series was over violated one of the Cardinal Rules concerning jinxing.  Indeed, in late 1983, the Bears suffered a tough late-season loss to the Packers, but not before they actually had the game in hand and the cameras panned to Green Bay coach Bart Starr, whom was likely fired at the season's end.  My mom--remembering Starr as the NFL standard-bearer QB that put that bullshit AFL in its place--vocally expressed sympathy for Starr, at which point my dad got very upset.  Sure enough the Packers rallied back and won the game and my parents nearly got divorced over it.
But not this team.  They don't have any of the baggage that all of the other non-Bulls teams that we've rooted for seemed to have.  Things may have seemed a little tense in the second period but once the Hawks scored the 3rd goal in the 1st  that game was in the bag and I wasn't afraid to think as much at the time.

Everything about you now makes sense.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2015, 09:34:03 AM

Everything about you now makes sense.

*nods head*

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »

Yet another reason why I would watch the ever-loving shit out of a Huey biopic. I guess we need to wait to get started on production until after you have a grabber in the stands at Wrigley after someone stands up a few seconds too soon for your taste.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 01, 2015, 09:35:37 AM

Um, have you been watching this series?  Don't you think your splooging might be a little premature?  (Heh.)

Edit: Cleared to splooge.  HAWKS HAWKS HAWKS HAWKS

Yeah the Hawks are jinx-proof.  They're so good that our shared fear of shit going to hell at the 11th hour doesn't even exist.  

A day after the nut-punching OT loss in Game 5, I told my dad that I actually kind of felt bad for the Ducks, that they were so excited and that it was as close as they were going to get to winning the series.  Such hubris would've gotten me sent to my room as a kid as feeling sorry for your opponent before the game or series was over violated one of the Cardinal Rules concerning jinxing.  Indeed, in late 1983, the Bears suffered a tough late-season loss to the Packers, but not before they actually had the game in hand and the cameras panned to Green Bay coach Bart Starr, whom was likely fired at the season's end.  My mom--remembering Starr as the NFL standard-bearer QB that put that bullshit AFL in its place--vocally expressed sympathy for Starr, at which point my dad got very upset.  Sure enough the Packers rallied back and won the game and my parents nearly got divorced over it.

But not this team.  They don't have any of the baggage that all of the other non-Bulls teams that we've rooted for seemed to have.  Things may have seemed a little tense in the second period but once the Hawks scored the 3rd goal in the 1st  that game was in the bag and I wasn't afraid to think as much at the time.

Yet another reason why I would watch the ever-loving shit out of a Huey biopic. I guess we need to wait to get started on production until after you have a grabber in the stands at Wrigley after someone stands up a few seconds too soon for your taste.

As a point of fact I literally was once sent to my room after walking into my dad's room while he was sitting on the edge of his bed listening on the radio  to the end of a Sox game in which they were losing (he listened to the games because he'd have been damned if he would pay any money to Reinsdorf and Einhorn for their bullshit SportsVision, even if it meant we could see Blackhawks and more Bulls game).

I asked him the score and he told me the Sox were losing with two out in the 9th and I flippantly said "Oh this game's over".  As soon as I said that my dad shot me a glare as we listened to (Don Drysdale's?) call of Jerry Hairston hitting a lead-changing walk off home run.

Yeah I got stories.