News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 139,149 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 03:34:54 PM »
Chuck said "The "sheriff is near!"
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »
Having re-read this thread, I see what Chuck was saying.

Which is to say: "No, Fork?"

Does anyone really expect either of these guys to be held back in 2015 solely for sake of not starting their arbitration clocks?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 04:50:26 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 23, 2014, 04:29:48 PM
Having re-read this thread, I see what Chuck was saying.

Which is to say: "No, Fork?"

Does anyone really expect either of these guys to be held back in 2015 solely for sake of not starting their arbitration clocks?

No way.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 05:24:48 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 23, 2014, 11:31:27 AM
The Smokies are pretty much locked into 2nd for the first half, so there aren't any playoff ramifications to consider.

No one gives a shit about minor league standings.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 23, 2014, 05:24:48 PM
The Smokies are pretty much locked into 2nd for the first half, so there aren't any playoff ramifications to consider.

Seriously. The moment the minor leagues became farm teams, the idea of standings became instantly irrelevant.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 23, 2014, 07:55:31 PM

Seriously. The moment the minor leagues became farm teams, the idea of standings became instantly irrelevant.

Bulshit. Iowa Cubs vs Albuquerque Isotopes is one of the great sbox rivalries.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on May 23, 2014, 10:51:12 PM
Quote from: Bort on May 23, 2014, 07:55:31 PM

Bulshit. Iowa Cubs vs Albuquerque Isotopes is one of the great sbox rivalries.

You and SKO keep telling yourselves that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 05:12:41 AM »

Except the minor league front offices, and the managers who think they're being judged on win-loss record, but that's another matter.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 08:48:30 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 24, 2014, 05:12:41 AM

Except the minor league front offices, and the managers who think they're being judged on win-loss record, but that's another matter.

Do you mean like ticket sales offices? I guess they might care. But it's not like the front offices of these teams are controlling player moves or anything of significance.

And I don't think smart organizations judge their minor-league managers on W-L records. Those guys are there to teach and develop, plain and simple.

Point is, the Cubs won't alter Kris Bryant's development path for even five minutes based on minor league standings/playoffs.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2014, 11:07:29 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 24, 2014, 08:48:30 AM

Do you mean like ticket sales offices? I guess they might care. But it's not like the front offices of these teams are controlling player moves or anything of significance.

And I don't think smart organizations judge their minor-league managers on W-L records. Those guys are there to teach and develop, plain and simple.

Point is, the Cubs won't alter Kris Bryant's development path for even five minutes based on minor league standings/playoffs.
5 minutes? No. But a few days if it makes their minor league partners more money? Youbetcha.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »

Nor did I even say that they control player moves.  And it's not that the ticket sales offices "might care," they do care.  A lot.  Have you worked in minor league ball?  I have, and they really, really care.  The funny part is they have absolutely nothing to do with the players on the field or the coaches who coach them, but they still worry about win-loss record anyway and minor league GMs say silly things like, "After last night's loss I think the team needs a little extra hitting practice this morning."  If they actually said that to the manager, he'd laugh in their faces.  Thanks for reminding me that minor league affiliates don't control player moves or anything of significance, though.

QuoteAnd I don't think smart organizations judge their minor-league managers on W-L records. Those guys are there to teach and develop, plain and simple.

No, they don't, but this is also responding to something I didn't say.  I've watched minor league managers sacrifice development by trying for wins, because they're old school enough to think they won't advance in the organization unless they have a winning record.  That would be why I said "managers who think they're being judged on win-loss record."  Thanks for informing me that their jobs are to teach and develop.

QuotePoint is, the Cubs won't alter Kris Bryant's development path for even five minutes based on minor league standings/playoffs.

No shit.  I think you need to dial down this whole Cubs Contrarian thing you're doing.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2014, 02:11:14 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 24, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

Nor did I even say that they control player moves.  And it's not that the ticket sales offices "might care," they do care.  A lot.  Have you worked in minor league ball?  I have, and they really, really care.  The funny part is they have absolutely nothing to do with the players on the field or the coaches who coach them, but they still worry about win-loss record anyway and minor league GMs say silly things like, "After last night's loss I think the team needs a little extra hitting practice this morning."  If they actually said that to the manager, he'd laugh in their faces.  Thanks for reminding me that minor league affiliates don't control player moves or anything of significance, though.

QuoteAnd I don't think smart organizations judge their minor-league managers on W-L records. Those guys are there to teach and develop, plain and simple.

No, they don't, but this is also responding to something I didn't say.  I've watched minor league managers sacrifice development by trying for wins, because they're old school enough to think they won't advance in the organization unless they have a winning record.  That would be why I said "managers who think they're being judged on win-loss record."  Thanks for informing me that their jobs are to teach and develop.

QuotePoint is, the Cubs won't alter Kris Bryant's development path for even five minutes based on minor league standings/playoffs.

No shit.  I think you need to dial down this whole Cubs Contrarian thing you're doing.

I think you need to relax a bit.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2014, 04:15:39 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 25, 2014, 02:11:14 AM

I think you need to relax a bit.

I THINK YOU oh okay.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2014, 09:08:47 AM »

Clearly, I'm the one who needs to dial something down.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 25, 2014, 09:08:47 AM

Clearly, I'm the one who needs to dial something down.

#firetheo