News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 86,012 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2010, 02:28:18 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 22, 2010, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 22, 2010, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 22, 2010, 02:12:50 PM
That's about the way I look at it. I'm 21 years old. The way I see it, my life as a Cub fan hasn't been any more painful than most other fanbases, and I sure as hell have had it better than Pirates/Reds/Brewers/Orioles/Royals/Rangers/Nationals fans of the same age. I don't have the "I've seen it TOO MANY TIMES" excuse. Sack up and watch the games, or just accept that it's pointless to get that worked up over any sport at all, but don't come back crying when they do win the fucking thing.

I'll give you the Rangers.  Hell, Bush was their owner.  But the rest?

The Nats don't count - too new.
The Brewers were in the World Series 28 years ago (yes, just outside your age, but not by a huge margin).
The Reds won in 1988.
The Royals won in 1985.
The Orioles won in 1983.
The Pirates won in 1979.

These teams have had success in recent history.

Like, since the television was invented.

All of these before his birth, which was his point..

Rule 10.17(c).
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 22, 2010, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 22, 2010, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 22, 2010, 02:12:50 PM
That's about the way I look at it. I'm 21 years old. The way I see it, my life as a Cub fan hasn't been any more painful than most other fanbases, and I sure as hell have had it better than Pirates/Reds/Brewers/Orioles/Royals/Rangers/Nationals fans of the same age. I don't have the "I've seen it TOO MANY TIMES" excuse. Sack up and watch the games, or just accept that it's pointless to get that worked up over any sport at all, but don't come back crying when they do win the fucking thing.

I'll give you the Rangers.  Hell, Bush was their owner.  But the rest?

The Nats don't count - too new.
The Brewers were in the World Series 28 years ago (yes, just outside your age, but not by a huge margin).
The Reds won in 1988.
The Royals won in 1985.
The Orioles won in 1983.
The Pirates won in 1979.

These teams have had success in recent history.

Like, since the television was invented.

All of these before his birth, which was his point..

Actually the Reds won in 1991, when I was two, and the Dodgers in 1988. But seriously Chuck, do you actually Read anything people write, or just enjoy being so utterly wrong? Also I sort of meant the Nats/Expos franchise. Granted, I don't know that there's any Expos fans who are Nats fans or whatever, but my point is it all depends on how far back you look. If you go back 21 years, or actually about 16 since I didn't start actively watching baseball until I was 5 (the first thing I really remember is Rick Wilkin's badass 1993 season), you realize there are worse franchises I could have spent time rooting for. And just "knowing" that my team won a championship within the last couple decades doesn't help. In my mind the Bears are as bad as the Cubs, because the 85 Bears or even the rest of the Ditka Bears don't mean shit to me. I remember Wannstedt-Lovie.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »
I've been Cub fan since the early 80s. After all of this time, investment, and heartbreak I can't see myself not watching the Cubs. It's a part of my sports fan life. As usual I'm all in with these guys as they start a new season with the hopes of getting over the hump someday.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2010, 02:36:29 PM »
Reds won in 1990 but SKO's point remains...
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 22, 2010, 02:34:05 PM
I've been Cub fan since the early 80s. After all of this time, investment, and heartbreak I can't see myself not watching the Cubs. It's a part of my sports fan life. As usual I'm all in with these guys as they start a new season with the hopes of getting over the hump someday.

Yeah, I'm going to need something other than ice soccer to occupy my spare brain capacity after Purdue hoists its first-ever NCAA Men's Basketball Championship trophy in Indianapolis this April. I think since the Cubs play right down the street from me, I'll take in a game or several dozen.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2010, 02:39:43 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2010, 02:38:31 PM

Yeah, I'm going to need something other than ice soccer to occupy my spare brain capacity after Purdue hoists its first-ever NCAA Men's Basketball Championship trophy in Indianapolis this April. I think since the Cubs play right down the street from me, I'll take in a game or several dozen.

You know who to contact if you're looking to purchase any decent tickets at face...
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2010, 02:41:15 PM »

I'm with you.  I'm going to be as annoyed as ever with them, but I know I'll watch.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 22, 2010, 02:39:43 PM

You know who to contact if you're looking to purchase any decent tickets at face...

Weebs' brother?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2010, 02:42:20 PM
Quote from: MAD on February 22, 2010, 02:39:43 PM

Weebs' brother?

At face? 

Surely you jest.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2010, 02:58:11 PM »
rotoworld.

"Alfonso Soriano said Monday that his surgically-repaired left knee is "maybe 80 percent or 85 percent" strength, according to a Chicago Sun-Times story.
As if that wasn't enough to arouse a bit of concern, Soriano continued: "Mentally I don't feel 100 percent. But we'll see in how my knee is running in the field and doing some stuff I didn't do in the Dominican." Soriano hit just .241 with 20 homers last season for the Cubs, but reuniting with hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo had some hoping for a resurgence. Keep tabs on Soriano's status as your draft day approaches.
Source: Chicago Sun-Times "

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2010, 03:02:10 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 22, 2010, 02:41:15 PM

I'm with you.  I'm going to be as annoyed as ever with them, but I know I'll watch.

Well, you need to have something to talk about with your new best friends Paul and Bruce.

It can't be all awkward silences.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 22, 2010, 02:58:11 PM
"Mentally I don't feel 100 percent."

That's a weird thing to admit after an offseason of rest.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2010, 03:16:56 PM

Maybe he was speaking in the absolute present. He wasn't at 100% that second because he just lost a game of Madden. Or his insanely elaborately decorated Hummer blew a speaker. Something like that.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 22, 2010, 03:27:39 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2010, 03:16:56 PM

Maybe he was speaking in the absolute present. He wasn't at 100% that second because he just lost a game of Madden. Or his insanely elaborately decorated Hummer blew a speaker. Something like that.

Maybe he's just saying he's stupid.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Well I can live with minimum of 20 or 25, just didn't want to exclude too many. I'm 37 and have been a fan since 4. So had way too much disappointment. MAD, I was also thinking as I typed this "Thank god the Hawks are kicking ass now".