News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,850 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #450 on: February 12, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 12, 2010, 02:15:00 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 12, 2010, 02:13:06 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 12, 2010, 02:11:15 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 12, 2010, 02:10:29 PM
Quote from: morpheus on February 12, 2010, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 12, 2010, 12:23:25 PM

How do you, Gil, or that charlatan VDH {insert Liberal talking head here} claim to know Obama's George W. Bush's or {evil corporation X's} motivation for anything?  Do you know him?  Do you work in the White House?  I hate the self-serving conservative liberal insider talk that claims to know EVERYTHING about EVERY Democrat's Republican's motivation behind anything.  Bullshit, I say.

It ain't just the self-serving Conservatives'd.

Unnamed Liberal Talking Head does it, too!

Everybody's doing it. Therefore it's cool.

the Talking Heads were never cool.

Hey now! Nerds need music too.

I thought the Hampton Grease Band had settled this once and for all.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: February 12, 2010, 04:06:13 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 12, 2010, 03:14:23 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 12, 2010, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 12, 2010, 02:21:31 PM
The real problem in this country today is that our "leaders" don't lead.  Hell, they don't even serve.  They see their offices as jobs they are entitled to.

And, how do I know this?  Their actions.  Everything they do is about their re-election, not what's best for the country.

For those of you unfamiliar with Chuck's cure-all for the various problems that plague our American polity, that's it in a nut shell.

That is: we need to elect candidates who are there to serve not these clowns we have now whose only job is to get re-elected.

It's a solution so simple, I'm amazed no one's thought of it before.

You heard the man... Get to it, America!

It's the right solution.  And it's not simple for a multitude of reasons, #1 of which would be the need to tell the American people this truth: "You are about too see some combination of your taxes going up and the services you receive being cut.  The free ride is over."

Truth as a campaign slogan hardly ever works.

It's not a "solution" at all... it's a cliche.

Or, if you prefer, a lofty ideal.

An abstract ideal that's all but meaningless unless you're actually proposing a way to realize it.

Otherwise you're just more or less bitching about how those gutless fucking clowns in Congress did it again.

KEVIN MILLAR FOR CONGRESS!
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: February 12, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 12, 2010, 03:15:01 PM
Quote from: flannj on February 12, 2010, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 12, 2010, 02:13:06 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 12, 2010, 02:11:15 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 12, 2010, 02:10:29 PM
Quote from: morpheus on February 12, 2010, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 12, 2010, 12:23:25 PM

How do you, Gil, or that charlatan VDH {insert Liberal talking head here} claim to know Obama's George W. Bush's or {evil corporation X's} motivation for anything?  Do you know him?  Do you work in the White House?  I hate the self-serving conservative liberal insider talk that claims to know EVERYTHING about EVERY Democrat's Republican's motivation behind anything.  Bullshit, I say.

It ain't just the self-serving Conservatives'd.

Unnamed Liberal Talking Head does it, too!

Everybody's doing it. Therefore it's cool.

the Talking Heads were never cool.

Fork, do you wake up each day and try to outdo all the wrong statements you've made during the previous days of your life?
Because if you do you've got your work cut out for you tomorrow.

Their lack of coolness was part of their whole thing.

I swaw what you did there.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2010, 05:06:20 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 12, 2010, 04:06:13 PM
The real problem in this country today is that our "leaders" don't lead.  Hell, they don't even serve.  They see their offices as jobs they are entitled to.

And, how do I know this?  Their actions.  Everything they do is about their re-election, not what's best for the country.

For those of you unfamiliar with Chuck's cure-all for the various problems that plague our American polity, that's it in a nut shell.

That is: we need to elect candidates who are there to serve not these clowns we have now whose only job is to get re-elected.

It's the right solution.  And it's not simple for a multitude of reasons, #1 of which would be the need to tell the American people this truth: "You are about too see some combination of your taxes going up and the services you receive being cut.  The free ride is over."

An abstract ideal that's all but meaningless unless you're actually proposing a way to realize it.

Otherwise you're just more or less bitching about how those gutless fucking clowns in Congress did it again.

Politicians are the Awfulonso Soriano of Oasis cover bands.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: February 13, 2010, 01:27:15 AM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #455 on: February 13, 2010, 02:12:50 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on February 12, 2010, 08:45:12 AM
Now the Whitehouse is laying claim to the success in Iraq, nevermind that Biden and Obama did everything to stop the troop surge and claimed it would never work.

I really can't understand how any of you people who voted for these ass clowns believe anything coming out of their mouths.

Victor Davis Hanson...

QuoteThe problem with Obama's new hedging on taxing those who make below $250,000, or his administration's taking credit for victory in the Iraq war that they so once fervently tried to abort, or the flip-flop on renditions and tribunals, or the embarrassments over closing Guantanamo and trying KSM in New York or Mirandizing the Christmas Day bomber,or trashing/praising Wall Street grandees, is not that presidents cannot change their minds as circumstances warrant, or even that all politicians are at times hypocritical. No, the rub is that Obama is not merely flipping and triangulating on issues in a desperate attempt to shadow the polls, but he is doing so on matters that he once swore were absolutely central to his entire candidacy and his signature hope-and-change agenda.

Next week the White House will be taking credit for defeating Hitler and Joe Biden's awesome leadership for rebuilding Europe and bringing our troops home.
You do blame him for everything, so he is allowed to take credit for this, no?

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: February 13, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »

Term limits would be a good start.  Like, for example, a single eight year term for a president (given that re-election tends to be pretty likely unless your name is Carter).  And maybe single terms for Congressmen/Senators, too.  Take the whole campaigning thing out of it. 

You'd certainly neuter lobbyists by doing this.  Then again, I have no idea if its even constitutional. 

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on February 13, 2010, 07:54:11 PM

Term limits would be a good start.  Like, for example, a single eight year term for a president (given that re-election tends to be pretty likely unless your name is Carter).  And maybe single terms for Congressmen/Senators, too.  Take the whole campaigning thing out of it. 

You'd certainly neuter lobbyists by doing this.  Then again, I have no idea if its even constitutional. 

The Confederate Constitution called for a single, six-year term for their president.  It also gave the president a line-item veto, and also stated that any bill, or any resolution carrying the force of law, could only deal with a single subject, which had to be stated in the title.

It was actually pretty impressive, save for that whole slavery thing.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 14, 2010, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: fiveouts on February 13, 2010, 07:54:11 PM

The Confederate Constitution called for a single, six-year term for their president.  It also gave the president a line-item veto, and also stated that any bill, or any resolution carrying the force of law, could only deal with a single subject, which had to be stated in the title.

It was actually pretty impressive, save for that whole slavery thing.

I believe "Actually pretty impressive, save for that whole slavery thing" is the slogan above the visitor center in Charleston. That or "South Carolina is So Gay." I don't know. I don't read latin.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 14, 2010, 04:26:44 PM
I believe "Actually pretty impressive, save for that whole slavery thing" is the slogan above the visitor center in Charleston. That or "South Carolina is So Gay." I don't know. I don't read latin.

At least the "National Association for the Advancement of Retarded People" business lubricated the path to finally swapping out the Confederate flag for their indigenous brew of Islamic homoerotic iconography:

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »

Evan Bayh echos yours truly:

"But running for the sake of winning an election, just to remain in public office, is not good enough," Bayh said. "And it has never been what motivates me. At this time I simply believe I can best contribute to society in another way: creating jobs by helping grow a business, helping guide an institution of higher learning or helping run a worthy charitable endeavor."

Good for him.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 15, 2010, 09:57:10 AM

"But running for the sake of winning an election, just to remain in public office, is not good enough," Bayh said. "And it has never been what motivates me. At this time I simply believe I can best contribute to society in another way: creating jobs by helping grow a business, helping guide an institution of higher learning or helping run a worthy charitable endeavor."

Good for him.

Retiring?

Now who's going to represent WellPoint in the Senate?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: February 15, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2010, 11:08:49 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 14, 2010, 06:06:15 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 14, 2010, 04:26:44 PM

At least the "National Association for the Advancement of Retarded People" business lubricated the path to finally swapping out the Confederate flag for their indigenous brew of Islamic homoerotic iconography:

Suh, I will not STAND for these aspersions on the virility of Sergeant Jasper!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2010, 11:35:03 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 15, 2010, 09:57:10 AM

"But running for the sake of winning an election against a credible candidate, just to remain in public office, is not good enough fair," Bayh said. "And it has never been what motivates me I've had to do. I'm Birch Bayh's son, and while Dad lost his seat to Dan Quayle in the 1980s, I've run for Governor and Senate against luminaries like these: John Mutz, Linley Pearson, Paul Helmke and Marvin Scott. At this time I simply believe I can best Dan Coats will raise some moeny and run a campaign that will be attractive to Hoosiers carrying some remorse for going Dem for President for the first time since 1964. Thus, contribute to society in another way: creating jobs by helping grow a business, helping guide an institution of higher learning or helping run a worthy charitable endeavor."

Good for him.

Reading the writing on the wall'd.