News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,840 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »
Oh, sweet Republican Jesus...

http://www.xpac2010.com/

Distilled:

QuoteThe annual Conservative Political Action Conference begins this week in Washington. The movement's leaders will speak and the GOP will plan its strategy. But this year, they're totally getting x-treme. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting "Epic Nights" at the XPAC Lounge.

The XPAC Lounge is your one-stop shop for the latest and most radical in totally bitchin' Conservative fun.

There will be video games and Stephen Baldwin.

Quote"We're gonna have the most popular games. There'll be Guitar Hero. There'll be Dance Revolution. There'll be Call of Duty," said Kevin McCullough, the radio host who created the XPAC Lounge with actor Stephen Baldwin.

There will be "somebody of Joe-the-Plumber stature":

Quote"I wouldn't be surprised if somebody of Joe-the-Plumber stature came in three times a day to come in and rally the kids," CPAC spokesman Ian Walters said.

And, yes, there will be hip-hop, and "conservative comedy":

QuoteIt will be the scene of a late-night "rap/jam session" on Thursday and a conservative comedy lineup on Friday. FoxNews.com's Strategy Room will also be broadcasting from the XPAC Lounge.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2010, 10:59:01 AM »
Speaking as a Shitty Baldwin, I feel shame for Stephen.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »
I weep for these people that they are actuallly excited about the prospect of getting someone of Joe-The-Plumber's "stature".
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
QuoteOn Thursday night Stephen Baldwin will conduct an insightful conversation between Fox News' Andrea Tantaros and Sarah Huckabee over the future of the GOP, the ideas of conservatism, women in politics, and the outlook for the nation. The "10 questions with Stevie B" is something worth making room in your schedule for.

So Thursday night is comedy night then.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »
Quote from: MAD on February 16, 2010, 11:05:33 AM
I weep for these people that they are actuallly excited about the prospect of getting someone of Joe-The-Plumber's "stature".

I've moderately curious what kind of metrics determine the stature of a Republican vs. Joe the Plumber. Who has his stature as a fake blue-collar schill riding his fame until people get sick of him? Larry the Cable Guy?

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: February 16, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »
Quote from: Jon on February 16, 2010, 11:11:14 AM

I've moderately curious what kind of metrics determine the stature of a Republican vs. Joe the Plumber. Who has his stature as a fake blue-collar schill riding his fame until people get sick of him? Larry the Cable Guy?

A short list:

Rep. Joe Wilson
James O'Keefe
Stephen Baldwin
Michael Steele
Larry the Cable Guy
Jeff Dunham
Dennis Miller
Conservative rapper Hi-Caliber
Stephen Baldwin
Kelsey Grammer
Pat Sajak
Ron Silver's corpse
Stephen Baldwin
Joe the Plumber
Stephen Baldwin
Any Republican with tits
Dr. James Dobson

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 16, 2010, 10:51:33 AM

There will be video games and Stephen Baldwin.

I just thank the Lord that I don't have to choose between the two.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »
"Any Republican with tits"

That would be Kelsey Grammar.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2010, 11:50:25 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 16, 2010, 11:30:08 AM

A short list:

Rep. Joe Wilson
James O'Keefe
Stephen Baldwin
Michael Steele
Larry the Cable Guy
Jeff Dunham
Dennis Miller
Stephen Baldwin
Kelsey Grammer
Pat Sajak
Ron Silver's corpse
Stephen Baldwin
Joe the Plumber
Stephen Baldwin
Any Republican with tits
Dr. James Dobson

I had forgotten that he died.  I learned something today.  That, and I'm supposedly chugging on too much Obama dong, per MikeC.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 16, 2010, 11:50:25 AM

A short list:

Rep. Joe Wilson
James O'Keefe
Stephen Baldwin
Michael Steele
Larry the Cable Guy
Jeff Dunham
Dennis Miller
Stephen Baldwin
Kelsey Grammer
Pat Sajak
Ron Silver's corpse
Stephen Baldwin
Joe the Plumber
Stephen Baldwin
Any Republican with tits
Dr. James Dobson

I had forgotten that he died.  I learned something today.  That, and I'm supposedly chugging on too much Obama dong, per MikeC.

Apparently Nixon would be too librul to run these days.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: February 16, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »

A short list:

Rep. Joe Wilson
James O'Keefe
Stephen Baldwin
Michael Steele
Larry the Cable Guy
Jeff Dunham
Dennis Miller
Stephen Baldwin
Kelsey Grammer
Pat Sajak
Ron Silver's corpse
Stephen Baldwin
Joe the Plumber
Stephen Baldwin
Any Republican with tits
Dr. James Dobson

I had not heard of this dude, so I just gave him a quick listen on the interwebs. Yeah, he sucks. Hard. God damnit.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: February 16, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 16, 2010, 11:46:02 AM

you were expecting maybe Lush Bimbo?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: February 16, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 16, 2010, 06:29:15 PM
Quote from: CBStew on February 16, 2010, 11:46:02 AM

you were expecting maybe Lush Bimbo?

Does anyone else remember "Pansy Nusbaum"  From "Allen's Alley"? ...nevermind

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: February 16, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 15, 2010, 09:57:10 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 12, 2010, 02:21:31 PM
The real problem in this country today is that our "leaders" don't lead.  Hell, they don't even serve.  They see their offices as jobs they are entitled to.

Evan Bayh echos yours truly:

"But running for the sake of winning an election, just to remain in public office, is not good enough," Bayh said. "And it has never been what motivates me. At this time I simply believe I can best contribute to society in another way: creating jobs by helping grow a business, helping guide an institution of higher learning or helping run a worthy charitable endeavor."

Good for him.

Ezra Klein is ice cold enough on Bayh to be quoted in full...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/02/evan_bayh_an_ordinary_politici.html

QuoteMy impression of Evan Bayh was that he was a major deficit hypocrite. Despite spending all his time talking about the need to reduce spending, he'd voted for all the major spending increases in recent years. When I looked into it, that wasn't true: He voted against the Bush tax cuts, and against the Medicare prescription drug benefit. But he voted for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, opposed sensible tax increases like President Obama's proposed cap on itemized deductions, and sponsored legislation to spend more than $440 billion exempting rich people's estates from taxation.

So: Evan Bayh's not a major deficit hypocrite. He's a minor deficit hypocrite. But a deficit hypocrite all the same. In his exit speech, he describes himself as "a lonely voice for balancing the budget and restraining spending." Of course, there's no such thing in Washington as a "lonely voice" for a balanced budget. There is a cacophony of such voices, and a dearth of such votes. But votes are the only things able to do the job. If voices balanced the budget, treasury bonds would never rise.

Accusing a politician of deficit hypocrisy isn't a particularly serious slur. Pretty much every politician is guilty of it. It's a bit like trumpeting the fact that some politician or another wears a suit. But if Bayh's sins are ordinary, so too was his career. Which is why I was surprised to see my colleague Jonathan Capehart term this a "brain drain." I've talked to Bayh before, and like Jonathan Chait, found him special only in his ability to formulate platitudes on the fly. The guy missed out on a terrific career as a fortune cookie author ("Your country will be assured of greatness! Your lucky deficit number is zero!"), but the sciences will not weep for their loss.

Take Bayh's dramatic exit. "I have had a growing conviction that Congress is not operating as it should," he says. "There is too much partisanship and not enough progress -- too much narrow ideology and not enough practical problem-solving." All true enough. You'd expect that he'd then diagnose the problem and explain how he'll help fix it. But nope. Instead, he simply laments it and then says he'd like a job "helping grow a business, helping guide an institution of higher learning or helping run a worthy charitable endeavor."

Respectable goals all, but small ball for a senator who has concluded that the American legislative system is so crippled that he can no longer bear to participate in it. Even in this, his most dramatic hour, Bayh was unable to be more than a perfectly typical politician, seeking praise for raising his voice while doing nothing to solve the problem.

He also links to James Fallows...

http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/archives/2010/02/evan_bayh_why_the_no-class_mov.php

QuoteHere's a constructive suggestion: Do you really care about the partisanship that is ruining public life and that, as you said, has driven you from the Senate, Mr. Bayh? Then why not use the fact that you are still in the U.S. Senate for most of another year -- a platform 99.999% of Americans will never occupy -- and apply all the power you can to advance causes you care about. What is holding you back?