News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,811 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1665 on: June 27, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 27, 2010, 11:46:24 AM
Quote from: MikeC on June 26, 2010, 12:07:48 PM
I think we have gone over the fact that the Clinton years do a whole lot of fuzzy math to make it look like they had a surplus. I don't know how you can add to the national debt and still run a surplus. But hey you Democrats are good with fuzzy math, saved or created jobs, health care bill, stimulus bill, whole shit load of fuzzy math going on there.

And what no talk about Weigel and JournoList? Journalists (lefty ones) conspiring together to shape the news cycle. Locked in a bubble of group thinking people all with one agenda, to stop conservatives and to promote liberal stories and narratives. And people wonder why the MSM is bleeding viewers and can't sell news papers. Its because they can no longer be trusted to deliver the news.

Here MikeC, read this.

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/06/25/defending-dave-weigel

This. However, Weigel should know as well as anyone that there unfortunately is hardly ever such thing as "off the record."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1666 on: June 27, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 27, 2010, 11:54:19 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 27, 2010, 11:46:24 AM
Quote from: MikeC on June 26, 2010, 12:07:48 PM
I think we have gone over the fact that the Clinton years do a whole lot of fuzzy math to make it look like they had a surplus. I don't know how you can add to the national debt and still run a surplus. But hey you Democrats are good with fuzzy math, saved or created jobs, health care bill, stimulus bill, whole shit load of fuzzy math going on there.

And what no talk about Weigel and JournoList? Journalists (lefty ones) conspiring together to shape the news cycle. Locked in a bubble of group thinking people all with one agenda, to stop conservatives and to promote liberal stories and narratives. And people wonder why the MSM is bleeding viewers and can't sell news papers. Its because they can no longer be trusted to deliver the news.

Here MikeC, read this.

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/06/25/defending-dave-weigel

This. However, Weigel should know as well as anyone that there unfortunately is hardly ever such thing as "off the record."

I refuse to accept the premise that the internet has destroyed the public/private distinction in people's lives.  99.9 % of what's posted here would probably get us in trouble with our employers, our friends and our families, but we still do it nevertheless.  For the WaPo or any other journalistic outfit to take such Draconian action over what is tantamount to a stool at a bar is offensive.

It's almost as if the standard from the Post (or the Manichean conservatives breathing fire over this incident, i.e. MikeC) is that, if you are a journalist, you have no private life, everything must be objective.

Christ, could a journalist even vote under this standard?  These were private comments and should have remained that.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1667 on: June 28, 2010, 06:52:18 AM »
I must agree with Gil and TJ here.  Private comments are private comments and he shouldn't have been fired for making them...
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1668 on: June 28, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 28, 2010, 06:52:18 AM
I must agree with Gil and TJ here.  Private comments are private comments and he shouldn't have been fired for making them...

Anyone who makes private comments around a Rolling Stone reporter thinking that they won't become public is too dumb too hold a responsible position.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1669 on: June 28, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 28, 2010, 09:09:55 AM

Anyone who makes private comments around a Rolling Stone reporter thinking that they won't become public is too dumb too hold a responsible position.

He probably figured nobody reads Rolling Stone any more.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1670 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »

I thought Tim Weigel was dead already?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1671 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »

This was about the Washington Post reporter, Stew, not McChrystal.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1672 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:58 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:13:42 AM

You expect me to read this stuff?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1673 on: June 28, 2010, 09:18:59 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 28, 2010, 09:14:58 AM

No, I think Stew just "saw what Morph did there." I LOL'd, Morph. I LOL'd.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1674 on: June 28, 2010, 09:31:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 28, 2010, 09:18:59 AM

To be fair, I never advocated McChrystal's firing, unlike that noted liberal William Kristol. 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1675 on: June 28, 2010, 09:40:53 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:31:40 AM

To be fair, I never advocated McChrystal's firing, unlike that noted liberal William Kristol. 

But you're no liberal, Gil. You and I are Nixonians. We'll lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule like Kings.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1676 on: June 28, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2010, 09:13:15 AM

I thought Tim Weigel was dead already?

I keep hoping for Teri Weigel.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1677 on: June 28, 2010, 10:00:44 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 28, 2010, 09:40:53 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:31:40 AM

But you're no liberal, Gil. You and I are Nixonians. We'll lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule like Kings.

Indeed.  Indeed.

My love for Nixon goes so far that I practically squee whenever I see the Nixon silver dollar in the alternate universe on "Fringe."  Better him than that no-goodnik Kennedy.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1678 on: June 28, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
QuoteThat was the nature of the Senate in Byrd's day: It was thick with rules that could be used to tie the institution in knots, but those rules were governed by norms that were used to keep the institution functioning. It was this tradition that led Byrd to write a letter opposing filibuster reform earlier this year. "If the Senate rules are being abused," he wrote, "it does not necessarily follow that the solution is to change the rules. Senators are obliged to exercise their best judgment when invoking their right to extended debate." In other words, the Senate needed to reestablish its norms, not change its rules.

But the situation is too far gone for all that. The Senate is now a place of blanket holds and routine filibusters and anonymous obstruction and party-line votes. The thing about norms is that once broken, they're generally dead forever.

QuoteEventually, change to the norms will lead to change in the rules. But we're in the lag time when the Senate hasn't caught up to its own reality yet. You see this in different generations of senators: Many of the freshmen and sophomores want to change the body's rules. Some of the elders, like Byrd, steadfastly resisted such reforms.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/06/the_post-byrd_senate.html

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1679 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:11 AM »