News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,858 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1680 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:31:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 28, 2010, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 28, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:13:42 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 28, 2010, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: morpheus on June 28, 2010, 06:52:18 AM
I must agree with Gil and TJ here.  Private comments are private comments and he shouldn't have been fired for making them...

Anyone who makes private comments around a Rolling Stone reporter thinking that they won't become public is too dumb too hold a responsible position.

This was about the Washington Post reporter, Stew, not McChrystal.

You expect me to read this stuff?

No, I think Stew just "saw what Morph did there." I LOL'd, Morph. I LOL'd.

To be fair, I never advocated McChrystal's firing, unlike that noted liberal William Kristol.  

Weigel was a journalist who shared hot-headed opinions of other journalists (and Matt Drudge) privately over email in his capacity as a private citizen.

McChrystal was commander of our forces in Afghanistan and, in his official capacity as such, allowed his staff to speak mockingly of his civilian commanders in the presence of a reporter who was there specifically to write a profile for publication in a major magazine. Though possibly not in full-on violation of Article 88 of the UCMJ, this certainly approached that line and displayed undeniable lack of respect for the chain of command and civilian control of the military.

These are two very different things.

FWIW.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1681 on: June 28, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 10:13:46 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:31:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 28, 2010, 09:18:59 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 28, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 09:13:42 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 28, 2010, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: morpheus on June 28, 2010, 06:52:18 AM
I must agree with Gil and TJ here.  Private comments are private comments and he shouldn't have been fired for making them...

Anyone who makes private comments around a Rolling Stone reporter thinking that they won't become public is too dumb too hold a responsible position.

This was about the Washington Post reporter, Stew, not McChrystal.

You expect me to read this stuff?

No, I think Stew just "saw what Morph did there." I LOL'd, Morph. I LOL'd.

To be fair, I never advocated McChrystal's firing, unlike that noted liberal William Kristol.  

Weigel was a journalist who shared hot-headed opinions of other journalists (and Matt Drudge) privately over email in his capacity as a private citizen.

McChrystal was commander of our forces in Afghanistan and, in his official capacity as such, allowed his staff to speak mockingly of his civilian commanders in the presence of a reporter who was there specifically to write a profile for publication in a major magazine. Though possibly not in full-on violation of Article 88 of the UCMJ, this certainly approached that line and displayed undeniable lack of respect for the chain of command and civilian control of the military.

These are two very different things.

FWIW.

You're completely correct.

The only thing I will say again about Weigel is that a Listserv is not that private, and he should know better. It's one thing to say something in confidence; it's another to put it into print. I wouldn't fire him, but I'd certainly reprimand Weigel for it.

I do wonder what would have happened if a member of the WH press corps said something personally offensive about the President or Robert Gibbs or Biden on this Listserv.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1682 on: June 28, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
Can we all agree that the world would indeed be a better place if Matt Drudge were to set himself on fire?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1683 on: June 28, 2010, 10:56:30 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 10:53:54 AM
Can we all agree that the world would indeed be a better place if Matt Drudge were to set himself on fire?

Agreed.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1684 on: June 28, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 10:09:11 AM
A good decision by the Supremes today.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/united-states-supreme-court-scotus-gun-control-rifle-ban-chicago-police-mayor-richard-daley-nra-second-2nd-amendment.html

Ban still in effect, however, due to the district level retrial.

I'm curious as to how much money the city has spent over the last two years fighting this court battle.
As well as how much they're going to spend going forward creating other impediments to ownership that will inevitably end up being challenged as well.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1685 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »
Quote from: flannj on June 28, 2010, 11:15:50 AM

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/united-states-supreme-court-scotus-gun-control-rifle-ban-chicago-police-mayor-richard-daley-nra-second-2nd-amendment.html

I'm curious as to how much money the city has spent over the last two years fighting this court battle.
As well as how much they're going to spend going forward creating other impediments to ownership that will inevitably end up being challenged as well.

Real question...

What's the fascination with handguns for lawabiding citizens?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1686 on: June 28, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 28, 2010, 11:28:42 AM

Real question...

Self-defense?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1687 on: June 28, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

Real question...

What is your fascination with my Forbidden Closet of Mystery?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1688 on: June 28, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 11:36:10 AM

Real question...

What is your fascination with my Forbidden Closet of Mystery?

I thought I'd find Ozzie Smith in there.

Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1689 on: June 28, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »

Real question...

I don't see how that's the real question.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1690 on: June 28, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »

Real question...

Because it's an amendment to the constitution that most liberals (though certainly not all) would like to pretend doesn't exist.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1691 on: June 28, 2010, 11:51:21 AM »

Real question...

Yeah, what is Daley's facination with this?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1692 on: June 28, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 11:49:01 AM

Real question...

Because it's an amendment to the constitution that most liberals (though certainly not all) would like to pretend doesn't exist.

But I have to have a gun... It's in the Constitution!

I mean, if I didn't have a gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants and start shoving you around. You want that?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1693 on: June 28, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 11:55:32 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 11:49:01 AM

Real question...

But I have to have a gun... It's in the Constitution!

I mean, if I didn't have a gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants and start shoving you around. You want that?

EXACTLY!!!

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1694 on: June 28, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »
DPD, but from a policy standpoint purely, the Chicago gun ban has been anything but effective.  Criminals in the city have still been getting guns and discharging them at people at near record levels. 

The outright ban has accomplished none of its stated goals, except stripping firearms from law-abiding citizens.