News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,859 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1710 on: June 28, 2010, 01:10:57 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 28, 2010, 12:10:13 PM
Or, are we cool with shooting home invaders?

I'm cool with that.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1711 on: June 28, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2010, 12:56:57 PM
OK, two ideas and he's knocked 0.0347% of the deficit off.  He only needs to come up with 288,185 more ideas to balance the budget!

Que RV whining about how much he hates our stinking troops..
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1712 on: June 28, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 28, 2010, 01:10:57 PM

I'm cool with that.

I was thinking it would be easier to reason with them. Show them the error of their ways. You know a "here's where your life went wrong" kinda thing. Usually very successful.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1713 on: June 28, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 28, 2010, 01:14:15 PM

I'm cool with that.

I was thinking it would be easier to reason with them. Show them the error of the ways. You know a "here's where your life went wrong" kinda thing. Usually very successful.

The invaders just keep coming!

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1714 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 28, 2010, 01:13:24 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 28, 2010, 12:56:57 PM
OK, two ideas and he's knocked 0.0347% of the deficit off.  He only needs to come up with 288,185 more ideas to balance the budget!

Que RV whining about how much he hates our stinking troops..

To answer your question, yes, I am in favor of shooting Hessians who invade my home.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1715 on: June 28, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »

I'm cool with that.

I was thinking it would be easier to reason with them. Show them the error of their ways. You know a "here's where your life went wrong" kinda thing. Usually very successful.

Now that's good thinking. And given the incredible success of the handgun ban they'll be unarmed and much more inclined to have a peaceful conversation.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1716 on: June 28, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1717 on: June 28, 2010, 01:50:53 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 28, 2010, 01:30:00 PM

I'm cool with that.

Now that's good thinking. And given the incredible success of the handgun ban they'll be unarmed and much more inclined to have a peaceful conversation.

I'm fine with people keeping a gun in their house.

Here's what I don't get: for many people, the rationale for keeping a gun in the house is to protect their family if a home invasion were to happen. For purposes of this post I'm assuming "family" includes at least one kid.

I would think, to be able to access your gun in a reasonable amount of time to properly react to a home invasion, it would need to be loaded and/or kept in an unlocked/easily accessible place.

But if you have kids, you've gotta keep it locked and unloaded, right? Unless you want to risk them blowing their face off, the chances of which increase by about 10 billion if you keep an unlocked/loaded gun in the house.

Maybe we need to bring Charles Bronson into the discussion to demonstrate how easy it is to spring to action once you hear Hudson Hawk step on that creaky floorboard.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1718 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 01:50:53 PM

I'm cool with that.

Here's what I don't get: for many people, the rationale for keeping a gun in the house is to protect their family if a home invasion were to happen. For purposes of this post I'm assuming "family" includes at least one kid.

I would think, to be able to access your gun in a reasonable amount of time to properly react to a home invasion, it would need to be loaded and/or kept in an unlocked/easily accessible place.

But if you have kids, you've gotta keep it locked and unloaded, right? Unless you want to risk them blowing their face off, the chances of which increase by about 10 billion if you keep an unlocked/loaded gun in the house.

Maybe we need to bring Charles Bronson into the discussion to demonstrate how easy it is to spring to action once you hear Hudson Hawk step on that creaky floorboard.

I use one of these...

http://www.gunvault.com/handgun-safes/multi-multi-deluxe.html
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1719 on: June 28, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 28, 2010, 02:05:39 PM

I'm cool with that.

I use one of these...

So, we're cool with shooting these fuckheads.  Fine, I get that.

In that case, wouldn't it still be easier to shoot one with a shotgun rather than a pistol?

What am I missing?  I've shot a shotgun, a handgun and a rifle before.  The shotgun was easy.  Shit, I barely had to aim to those clay pigeons and, eventually, I got the hang of hitting them often.  And, the loading click makes a very unique sound that can warn the home invader and (potenially) not turn you into a killer in the process.

I just don't get it...what is the fascination of handguns over other types of weapons?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1720 on: June 28, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 28, 2010, 02:39:55 PM

I'm cool with that.

I use one of these...

In that case, wouldn't it still be easier to shoot one with a shotgun rather than a pistol?

What am I missing?  I've shot a shotgun, a handgun and a rifle before.  The shotgun was easy.  Shit, I barely had to aim to those clay pigeons and, eventually, I got the hang of hitting them often.  And, the loading click makes a very unique sound that can warn the home invader and (potenially) not turn you into a killer in the process.

I just don't get it...what is the fascination of handguns over other types of weapons?

Pretty sure a handgun a little smaller to store than a rifle or a shotgun. But other than that minor difference, you're argument hits a bullseye.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1721 on: June 28, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »

I'm cool with that.

I use one of these...

I want to be able to own a full stockade of assault rifles. Until that day consider me angry.

Honestly, I hate guns and would never own one. But I don't really give a shit what other people do. Have 12 guns. I don't give a shit. I don't plan on bothering you anyway.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1722 on: June 28, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 28, 2010, 02:47:51 PM

I'm cool with that.

I use one of these...

I want to be able to own a full stockade of assault rifles. Until that day consider me angry.

Honestly, I hate guns and would never own one. But I don't really give a shit what other people do. Have 12 guns. I don't give a shit. I don't plan on bothering you anyway.

Guns are quite fun.  Just go to the range once and it'll change your mind.

Fun times.

I would kill to fire a .50 cal Barrett one day.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1723 on: June 28, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 28, 2010, 03:05:38 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 28, 2010, 02:47:51 PM

I'm cool with that.

I use one of these...

Guns are quite fun.  Just go to the range once and it'll change your mind.

Fun times.

I would kill to fire a .50 cal Barrett one day.

Left a bruise on my shoulder. Totally awesome, though.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1724 on: June 28, 2010, 03:09:57 PM »

I'm cool with that.

I use one of these...

I don't know if it's actually a fascination Oleg.
Yes the shotgun is a more effective home defense weapon.
And in many ways safer because it is less inclined to overpenetrate in a home environment.
But it is unwieldy in comparison and a bit harder to store safely and with quick access.

But the real issue here is that this was an ineffective ban that was found to be unconstitutional.
The city chose to waste a lot of time and money trying to defend it instead of using those resources to fight root problems and work towards solving some of the real issues that cause Chicago's gun crime.
Putting yourself in front of a TV camera and blustering about gun laws is a lazy, grandstanding, and misdirected manner for our politicians to act.

But Christ you could probably say the same thing about any issue of the day when our "leaders" are involved.