News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,815 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1815 on: July 06, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »
Tea Partiers for Obama:

QuoteThe dire outlook from CBO today is not the fault of the current administration or any one administration (LBJ may be the most to blame I guess for starting Medicare). In fact, if the Medicare cuts in the health care bill are to be believed and CBO's estimates pertaining to the health care bill are to be believed, Pres. Obama has already done more to reduce in magnitude the long-term budget problems for the U.S. than the previous administration, who undoubtedly made the problem worse (Chuck note: They're talking about Medicare D). That's true despite the amount added to the deficit from the stimulus bill and the costly coverage provisions in the health care bill. The obvious question is whether or not you believe the large cuts to Medicare will ever pan out. If not, Obama's fiscal record thus far is about as bad as the previous administration's.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1816 on: July 06, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 06, 2010, 01:59:20 PM
Tea Partiers for Obama:

QuoteThe dire outlook from CBO today is not the fault of the current administration or any one administration (LBJ may be the most to blame I guess for starting Medicare). In fact, if the Medicare cuts in the health care bill are to be believed and CBO's estimates pertaining to the health care bill are to be believed, Pres. Obama has already done more to reduce in magnitude the long-term budget problems for the U.S. than the previous administration, who undoubtedly made the problem worse (Chuck note: They're talking about Medicare D). That's true despite the amount added to the deficit from the stimulus bill and the costly coverage provisions in the health care bill. The obvious question is whether or not you believe the large cuts to Medicare will ever pan out. If not, Obama's fiscal record thus far is about as bad as the previous administration's.

Wait a minute? Conservatives stopped to say "Is this Obama's fault?" Who you crappin'?

Also, is that site worth a shite? Reading stuff about tax policies is kind of intriguing right now, at least for me.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1817 on: July 06, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »
Tea Partiers for Obama:

Big if'd.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1818 on: July 06, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 06, 2010, 02:24:31 PM
Tea Partiers for Obama:

Wait a minute? Conservatives stopped to say "Is this Obama's fault?" Who you crappin'?

Also, is that site worth a shite? Reading stuff about tax policies is kind of intriguing right now, at least for me.

Not familiar with the Tax Foundation, but the Tax Policy Center is my preferred destination for nonpartisan tax stuff. It's a little wonky but not too bad.

http://taxvox.taxpolicycenter.org/blog

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1819 on: July 06, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 06, 2010, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: Yeti on July 06, 2010, 02:24:31 PM
Tea Partiers for Obama:

Not familiar with the Tax Foundation, but the Tax Policy Center is my preferred destination for nonpartisan tax stuff. It's a little wonky but not too bad.

http://taxvox.taxpolicycenter.org/blog

Added to my Julie Feed

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1820 on: July 07, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »
Confirmation hearings are now unnecessary, or something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/health/policy/07recess.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

QuoteThe recess appointment was somewhat unusual because the Senate is in recess for less than two weeks and senators were still waiting for Dr. Berwick to submit responses to some of their requests for information. No confirmation hearing has been held or scheduled.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1821 on: July 07, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 07, 2010, 08:36:13 AM

Sooner or later, they'll fix the Senate.  Maybe with a neutron bomb.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1822 on: July 07, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/health/policy/07recess.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

QuoteThe recess appointment was somewhat unusual because the Senate is in recess for less than two weeks and senators were still waiting for Dr. Berwick to submit responses to some of their requests for information. No confirmation hearing has been held or scheduled.

Intrepid Reader: John Bolton

Yeah, recess appointments are a new thing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1823 on: July 07, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 07, 2010, 09:52:10 AM

Intrepid Reader: John Bolton

Yeah, recess appointments are a new thing.

Your stick-poke is noted.  I fart in your general direction.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1824 on: July 07, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
The Senate farts in the general direction of those lazy unemployed bastards who are too lazy to get that one job that's available for every five unemployed.

QuoteLet's face it: those who use their "worry" about our longer-term fiscal outlook as a reason to oppose extended unemployment benefits don't want to reduce the deficit as much as they want to get rid of unemployment benefits.  It is just a convenient excuse to "mug" those benefits and deny many American families that assistance they so badly need.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1825 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2010, 10:12:46 AM
The Senate farts in the general direction of those lazy unemployed bastards who are too lazy to get that one job that's available for every five unemployed.

QuoteLet's face it: those who use their "worry" about our longer-term fiscal outlook as a reason to oppose extended unemployment benefits don't want to reduce the deficit as much as they want to get rid of unemployment benefits.  It is just a convenient excuse to "mug" those benefits and deny many American families that assistance they so badly need.

But what about all that epic inflation?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1826 on: July 07, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2010, 10:12:46 AM

Normally I'd fart in your general direction and say "people respond to INCENTIVES, so let the benefits end!"  However, I think there is more of a case for extending benefits in this instance.  Why?  Because when you compare unemployment durations of benefits-eligible people and those not eligible, they are unemployed for similar amounts of time.  http://www.frbsf.org/publications/economics/letter/2010/el2010-12.html  Clearly something else is at work here, and the INCENTIVE to collect benefits while not working right up until they run out is not driving unemployment duration.

And Tank... I think Cantor's making a good trade there.  I'd be short Treasury Bonds, for sure, with yields on the 10-year under 3%.  The epic inflation is coming, it's just a question of when.  The government is going to have to inflate.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1827 on: July 07, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 07, 2010, 10:38:37 AM
And Tank... I think Cantor's making a good trade there.  I'd be short Treasury Bonds, for sure, with yields on the 10-year under 3%.  The epic inflation is coming, it's just a question of when.  The government is going to have to inflate.

Refi your house.  Inflation insurance.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1828 on: July 07, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 10:40:17 AM

Refi your house
. Buy Fort Knox. Inflation insurance.

Greenlighted.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1829 on: July 07, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 11:41:21 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 10:40:17 AM

Refi your house
. Buy Fort Knox. Inflation insurance.

Greenlighted.

Could be another fun ride coming...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-01/soros-signals-gold-bubble-as-goldman-predicts-record-update1-.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704792104575264863069565780.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704032704575268462477689760.html
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.