News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,816 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1830 on: July 07, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 07, 2010, 12:24:26 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 11:41:21 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 10:40:17 AM
Quote from: morpheus on July 07, 2010, 10:38:37 AM
And Tank... I think Cantor's making a good trade there.  I'd be short Treasury Bonds, for sure, with yields on the 10-year under 3%.  The epic inflation is coming, it's just a question of when.  The government is going to have to inflate.

Refi your house
. Buy Fort Knox. Inflation insurance.

Greenlighted.

Could be another fun ride coming...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-01/soros-signals-gold-bubble-as-goldman-predicts-record-update1-.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704792104575264863069565780.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704032704575268462477689760.html

Very true. However, David Einhorn hasn't been wrong about too much this past three or four years. His largest position right now continues to be gold.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1831 on: July 07, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 07, 2010, 12:24:26 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 11:41:21 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 10:40:17 AM
Quote from: morpheus on July 07, 2010, 10:38:37 AM
And Tank... I think Cantor's making a good trade there.  I'd be short Treasury Bonds, for sure, with yields on the 10-year under 3%.  The epic inflation is coming, it's just a question of when.  The government is going to have to inflate.

Refi your house
. Buy Fort Knox. Inflation insurance.

Greenlighted.

Could be another fun ride coming...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-01/soros-signals-gold-bubble-as-goldman-predicts-record-update1-.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704792104575264863069565780.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704032704575268462477689760.html

Very true. However, David Einhorn hasn't been wrong about too much this past three or four years. His largest position right now continues to be gold.

For the completists, part 3 of Arends' WSJ series:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704080104575286712075144530.html
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1832 on: July 07, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »
Gallagher? Really?

Quote"Hey, President Obama," he spits out the name like a mouthful of burning hair. "You ain't black. I don't care what you say—you're a latte. You're half whole-milk. It could be goat milk—you could be a terrorist!" I am too busy losing my mind to catch the next joke, which is about Ted Kennedy's brain cancer.

(At least Salon confirms that it is not Gallager II.)
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1833 on: July 07, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 07, 2010, 05:29:11 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Quote"Hey, President Obama," he spits out the name like a mouthful of burning hair. "You ain't black. I don't care what you say—you're a latte. You're half whole-milk. It could be goat milk—you could be a terrorist!" I am too busy losing my mind to catch the next joke, which is about Ted Kennedy's brain cancer.

Yeah, he's an angry, angry man.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/gallagher,36622/

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1834 on: July 07, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
Gallagher? Really?

Quote"At last, after two hours of his tedious, hacky, right-wing manifesto, Gallagher gets to the part his (willing) hostages have been waiting for. It's time to smash some shit. There are the watermelons, there is some cottage cheese ("It's got the curds that blow up, just like on the news!"), there is sauerkraut and syrup and honey. Then Gallagher gets a tin pie plate. He opens a giant can of fruit cocktail and pours it in. He opens a can of some Asian vegetable—water chestnuts, maybe—and pours that in, too. "This is the China people and queers!!!" he screams and takes his sledgehammer to the thing with a fury that is no fun at all. Wet chunks of China people and queers fly everywhere. The hateful, bitter old man laughs. I cannot believe Bill Hicks is dead and this motherfucker is still touring."

THIS to the last sentence.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1835 on: July 07, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 07, 2010, 05:59:47 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Quote"At last, after two hours of his tedious, hacky, right-wing manifesto, Gallagher gets to the part his (willing) hostages have been waiting for. It's time to smash some shit. There are the watermelons, there is some cottage cheese ("It's got the curds that blow up, just like on the news!"), there is sauerkraut and syrup and honey. Then Gallagher gets a tin pie plate. He opens a giant can of fruit cocktail and pours it in. He opens a can of some Asian vegetable—water chestnuts, maybe—and pours that in, too. "This is the China people and queers!!!" he screams and takes his sledgehammer to the thing with a fury that is no fun at all. Wet chunks of China people and queers fly everywhere. The hateful, bitter old man laughs. I cannot believe Bill Hicks AND George Carlin is are dead and this motherfucker is still touring."

Moreso'd.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1836 on: July 07, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 07, 2010, 06:01:50 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 07, 2010, 05:59:47 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Quote"At last, after two hours of his tedious, hacky, right-wing manifesto, Gallagher gets to the part his (willing) hostages have been waiting for. It's time to smash some shit. There are the watermelons, there is some cottage cheese ("It's got the curds that blow up, just like on the news!"), there is sauerkraut and syrup and honey. Then Gallagher gets a tin pie plate. He opens a giant can of fruit cocktail and pours it in. He opens a can of some Asian vegetable—water chestnuts, maybe—and pours that in, too. "This is the China people and queers!!!" he screams and takes his sledgehammer to the thing with a fury that is no fun at all. Wet chunks of China people and queers fly everywhere. The hateful, bitter old man laughs. I cannot believe Bill Hicks AND George Carlin is are dead and this motherfucker is still touring."

Moreso'd.

Doubleplusgood'd.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1837 on: July 07, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 07, 2010, 05:50:45 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Angry, angry = racist and unfunny?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1838 on: July 07, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 06:42:28 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Racist, unfunny and angry.

All told, this may be one of the strangest Q-and-A combos I've ever read:

QuoteAVC: Why has prop comedy been stagnating more and more?

G: I told you: an emphasis on the mediocre. You're giving the audience what they want, but, that's, I guess, a reflection on our society. It's so thin, it's a veneer, it's not deep, it doesn't have a moral direction. 'Cause we really don't know, we don't know.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1839 on: July 07, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »
Quote from: SalonSure, we suspected all was not right under that beret years ago...

Yah, nobody can afford an editor. Does this look like an extra from Fireworks in a stinking frog beret?

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1840 on: July 07, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 07, 2010, 06:50:42 PM
Gallagher? Really?

G: I told you: an emphasis on the mediocre. You're giving the audience what they want, but, that's, I guess, a reflection on our society. It's so thin, it's a veneer, it's not deep, it doesn't have a moral direction. 'Cause we really don't know, we don't know.

This gives me a new appreciation for Carrot Top.

At least he didn't go batshit crazy.

Probably.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1841 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 07:11:10 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Probably. Yet.

Just give it about 15 years'd.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1842 on: July 07, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 07, 2010, 07:19:22 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 07:11:10 PM
Gallagher? Really?

Probably. Yet.

Just give it about 15 years'd.

Define "batshit crazy"...

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1843 on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »
DPD...

http://news.makemeheal.com/celebrity-plastic-surgery/carrot-top-plastic-surgery/

QuoteCarrot Top is frequently cited as a top ten contender for most awful plastic surgery disasters, along with familiar faces like Michael Jackson, Jocelyn Wildenstein, and Kenny Rogers. The curly-haired comedian has become better known for his over-the-top appearance than he has for his comedy. Make Me Heal takes a look at this funnyman's funny look.

Although comedians often rely on making funny faces, Carrot Top, whose real name is Scott Thompson has had so much Botox that it looks like his face froze in an awkward position, the way your mother warned you it might as a child. Not only that, but his eyebrows are even more arched than Botox fan Nicole Kidman's (See Make Me Heal's story on Nicole Kidman's Botox)

On his blog, Plastic Surgeon Dr. Anthony Youn notes, "He's undergone quite a few changes over the years, not the least of which is an excessively arched brow possibly due to a combination of Botox and a Browlift."

Make Me Heal noticed that for a 43-year old, Carrot Top's skin is also unusually smooth, probably due to laser treatments, like Fraxel and chemical peels, which may also explain why is face is less freckled looking than the rest of his bizarrely toned body.

Dr. Youn also says, "His face looks extremely smooth as well, and may be the result of laser treatments or chemical peels."

Plastic surgeon Dr. John Di Saia tells Make Me Heal, "Carrot Top has probably had facial peeling and/or skin care as the freckles are decreased relative to those seen on the rest of his body."

In addition to his odd facial appearance, including what look like drawn-on eyebrows, Carrot Top looks almost feminine and soft (an effect that is furthered by heavy eyeliner), which can be a side effect of steroids, which he almost certainly uses to achieve his hard and toned body.

If Carrot Top wanted to be made of fun rather than make the fun with witty remarks, then his plastic surgery goal was certainly achieved, although Make Me Heal thinks that his time would have been better spent coming up with new material than under the knife.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1844 on: July 07, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »
Egad.  Why the hell do you people know so much about Carrot Top?