News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,819 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1845 on: July 07, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 07:45:24 PM
Egad.  Why the hell do you people know so much about Carrot Top?

Who knows?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1846 on: July 08, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
It's good to know one birther has abandoned wasting federal tax dollars contesting the validity of President Obama's birth certificate. Instead, she's wasting local county and municipal tax dollars contesting the validity of local candidates.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1848 on: July 08, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
I'm glad Congress is able to focus on what's really important about the financial industry and "Too Big To Fail."

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2010/07/08/diversity_in_the_financial_sector_98562.html
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1849 on: July 08, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 08, 2010, 03:35:43 PM
I'm glad Congress is able to focus on what's really important about the financial industry and "Too Big To Fail."

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2010/07/08/diversity_in_the_financial_sector_98562.html

I agree - the financial industry needs more old white guys.

On to the fun stuff. The author is a senior fellow at the right-wing Hudson Institute....which was started by "futurist and systems theorist" Herman Kahn...who once worked for...wait for it...the RAND Corporation!

Google search of the author also turned up this amusing exchange:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/21/al-franken-grills-hudson/

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1850 on: July 09, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1851 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:32 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 08, 2010, 05:10:06 PM

On to the fun stuff. The author is a senior fellow at the right-wing Hudson Institute....which was started by "futurist and systems theorist" Herman Kahn...who once worked for...wait for it...the RAND Corporation!

So... is it right to be told to discriminate on the basis of race and gender, RV? If your employer comes in and tells you you're fired because of your race and gender, you'll be fine with that.

And oh my, another guy from a right-wing think tank must have no worthy arguments because it is right-wing.

Al Franken has no worthy arguments either because of his too cozy relationship with the entertainment industryeither.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1852 on: July 09, 2010, 07:54:47 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 09, 2010, 07:14:32 AM

So... is it right to be told to discriminate on the basis of race and gender, RV? If your employer comes in and tells you you're fired because of your race and gender, you'll be fine with that.

And oh my, another guy from a right-wing think tank must have no worthy arguments because it is right-wing.

Al Franken has no worthy arguments either because of his too cozy relationship with the entertainment industry either.

If he had a cozy relationship with the entertainment industry, someone would have talked him out of "Stuart Saves His Family".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1853 on: July 09, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 09, 2010, 07:14:32 AM

Al Franken has no worthy arguments either because of his too cozy relationship with the entertainment industryeither.

I don't actually have a boner for hiring quotas or anything like that. So it's a good thing the bill doesn't mention quotas. I do get a kick out of the White People Freakout over stuff like this. THE BROWN FOLKS AND WOMEN R GUNNA TUK UR JUBS! WHITE MAN CAN'T CATCH A BREAK! And that these "exposes" (such as Betsy McCaughey "finding" the death panels in the legislation) always include breathless passages like this:

QuoteThis has had no coverage by the news media and has large implications.

And I was just having some fun with the RAND Corporation stuff, man. Worthy arguments can come from anyone. Except MikeC. And the author isn't a guy - it's a woman. You fascimisogynist pig.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1854 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43:42 AM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/12/naacp-to-condemn-racism-of-the-tea-parties/

QuoteWashington (CNN) – On Tuesday the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will offer a resolution to its members condemning what it believes to be rampant racism in the Tea Party movement.

The resolution could pass on Tuesday or later this week as the nation's oldest civil rights organization holds its 101st convention in Kansas City over six days.

NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous talked to CNN about the controversial, loose-knit groups that espouse a commitment to the Constitution.

"The Tea Party movement knows that there are tens of thousands of dedicated racists and ultra nationalists in their ranks," Jealous said. Those groups "must be repudiated by the regular, law-abiding members or they must take responsibility," Jealous added, saying "they can't have it both ways."

The Tea Party Express, a national Tea Party organization, is angry about the resolution.

"This is indeed the kettle calling the pot black," Mark Williams, national spokesman of the conservative grassroots group, told CNN.

"We're fighting the government programs that have emasculated the black family," Williams said.

He added: "It's the Obama administration that rolled back civil rights to a pre-civil rights era with 'Obamacare' in which they removed the concept of individual rights...it's the Obama administration that put a tax on white people with a tanning salon tax. I mean, this is the kind of stuff the Tea Party movement is fighting. We are fighting for the Constitution of this country, which, by definition, makes this a human rights movement – a civil rights movement."

"It's the 21st century and their rights as humans are absolutely at risk here. And the threat doesn't come from those people who love the Constitution. It comes from those people in power in Washington right now," Williams said.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1855 on: July 13, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/11/AR2010071101956.html?hpid=topnews
QuoteThe commission leaders said that, at present, federal revenue is fully consumed by three programs: Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. "The rest of the federal government, including fighting two wars, homeland security, education, art, culture, you name it, veterans -- the whole rest of the discretionary budget is being financed by China and other countries," Simpson said.

Great?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1856 on: July 13, 2010, 09:26:50 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 13, 2010, 08:51:37 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/11/AR2010071101956.html?hpid=topnews
QuoteThe commission leaders said that, at present, federal revenue is fully consumed by three programs: Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. "The rest of the federal government, including fighting two wars, homeland security, education, art, culture, you name it, veterans -- the whole rest of the discretionary budget is being financed by China and other countries," Simpson said.

Great?

Looks like the WaPo is one of the SBox guests.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1857 on: July 13, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »

Great?

So wouldn't that mean that instead of owing money to the items you chose not to highlight that we'd just owe a shitload of money to China? How is that just glossed over?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1858 on: July 13, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 11:27:46 AM

Great?

So wouldn't that mean that instead of owing money to the items you chose not to highlight that we'd just owe a shitload of money to China? How is that just glossed over?

Well, technically Simpson chose to make it the focus of his sentence, but anyway, I think he chose those because they are big-ticket items and they add up to 100% of federal revenue?  Moreover, all three of those are going to grow - a lot - in the coming years, as we all know.  And thus, any meaningful attempt at deficit reduction, let alone actually reducing the national debt, is going to have to realistically address those big-ticket items (i.e., not say "we'll just squeeze waste, fraud and abuse out of the system!").  Yeah, tax revenue is going to have to increase somehow... but spending is going to have to go down.

And so we are back to the endless arguments about how to do that.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1859 on: July 13, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on July 13, 2010, 12:11:27 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 11:27:46 AM

Great?

Well, technically Simpson chose to make it the focus of his sentence, but anyway, I think he chose those because they are big-ticket items and they add up to 100% of federal revenue?  Moreover, all three of those are going to grow - a lot - in the coming years, as we all know.  And thus, any meaningful attempt at deficit reduction, let alone actually reducing the national debt, is going to have to realistically address those big-ticket items (i.e., not say "we'll just squeeze waste, fraud and abuse out of the system!").  Yeah, tax revenue is going to have to increase somehow... but spending is going to have to go down.

And so we are back to the endless arguments about how to do that.

We could solve this whole thing by simply agreeing that all debt purchased by China will be paid back in the form of the US sending Baby Boomers over there to work in forced labor camps.