News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,818 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2085 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 04, 2010, 07:57:44 PM
That tea**gger who recently declared the NAACP the real racists...

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/tea_party_leader_allah_is_monkey_god.php

QuoteThe animals of allah for whom any day is a great day for a massacre are drooling over the positive response that they are getting from New York City officials over a proposal to build a 13 story monument to the 9/11 Muslims who hijacked those 4 airliners.

The monument would consist of a Mosque for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god and a "cultural center" to propagandize for the extermination of all things not approved by their cult.

Wait a second.  Did someone say monkey-God?  I've been a fool!

Call me MuhhamOleg!  AllOleg?  Whatever!  I'm in!

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2086 on: August 05, 2010, 10:15:12 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 05, 2010, 10:08:47 AM

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/tea_party_leader_allah_is_monkey_god.php

QuoteThe animals of allah for whom any day is a great day for a massacre are drooling over the positive response that they are getting from New York City officials over a proposal to build a 13 story monument to the 9/11 Muslims who hijacked those 4 airliners.

The monument would consist of a Mosque for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god and a "cultural center" to propagandize for the extermination of all things not approved by their cult.

Ali ibn Abi Oleg.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2087 on: August 05, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on August 05, 2010, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: Oleg on August 05, 2010, 10:08:47 AM

Ali ibn Abi Oleg.
Hazrat Isma'oleg Bey Effendi
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2088 on: August 05, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
In reading the Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision, can I just point out the exceptional quality of the writing and the opinion?  Beyond that, this is clearly a decision designed for one person and one person only.  Anthony Kennedy.  Kennedy was the swing vote in Lawrence and will be the swing vote in this case once it makes its way to SCOTUS, barring any deaths or resignations. 

The bigger picture is how the justices will look at this case.  I think most, if not all, will view this case as probably the most significant civil rights case they'll ever hear (maybe the second amendment cases for the conservatives) and that their opinions will be judged and scrutinized for years to come.  Kennedy will probably be looking to leave some kind of legacy on the court and this would be huge.

That said, the decision's due process logic is probably the most compelling; that is, there exists no rational basis (one of the tiers of strict scrutiny) for the restriction of SSM.  I think Boies and Olsen did a phenomenal job in their presentation of the case and their organization of the witnesses.  If I were an opponent of marriage equality, I'd be looking for new legal reasons to oppose SSM.  And before anyone else notes this, Judge Walker is a Republican (said he joined the party in the Nixon era [BOOYAH!!!]) and was appointed by both Reagan and Bush the Elder.

On a personal note, it feels imminently gratifying to see that despite the demagoguery of a campaign and the inherent nastiness that democracy can produce, when the result of said democracy is challenged in court, one better have a better argument than fear and ignorance.  Because it didn't work here.

Bring it on, MikeC.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2089 on: August 05, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 05, 2010, 01:13:58 PM
In reading the Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision, can I just point out the exceptional quality of the writing and the opinion?  Beyond that, this is clearly a decision designed for one person and one person only.  Anthony Kennedy.  Kennedy was the swing vote in Lawrence and will be the swing vote in this case once it makes its way to SCOTUS, barring any deaths or resignations. 

The bigger picture is how the justices will look at this case.  I think most, if not all, will view this case as probably the most significant civil rights case they'll ever hear (maybe the second amendment cases for the conservatives) and that their opinions will be judged and scrutinized for years to come.  Kennedy will probably be looking to leave some kind of legacy on the court and this would be huge.

That said, the decision's due process logic is probably the most compelling; that is, there exists no rational basis (one of the tiers of strict scrutiny) for the restriction of SSM.  I think Boies and Olsen did a phenomenal job in their presentation of the case and their organization of the witnesses.  If I were an opponent of marriage equality, I'd be looking for new legal reasons to oppose SSM.  And before anyone else notes this, Judge Walker is a Republican (said he joined the party in the Nixon era [BOOYAH!!!]) and was appointed by both Reagan and Bush the Elder.

On a personal note, it feels imminently gratifying to see that despite the demagoguery of a campaign and the inherent nastiness that democracy can produce, when the result of said democracy is challenged in court, one better have a better argument than fear and ignorance.  Because it didn't work here.

Bring it on, MikeC.

Again, I started reading the first sentance thinking Yeti wrote it and got completely confused. You might want to address that.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2090 on: August 05, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 05, 2010, 01:19:26 PM

Bring it on, MikeC.

Again, I started reading the first sentance thinking Yeti wrote it and got completely confused. You might want to address that.

I'm basically doing Yeti a favor at this point.

But sure.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2091 on: August 05, 2010, 01:30:45 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 05, 2010, 01:24:00 PM

Bring it on, MikeC.

I'm basically doing Yeti a favor at this point.

But sure.

I dig that new avatar.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2092 on: August 05, 2010, 01:33:14 PM »

Bring it on, MikeC.

Scorpion Secks Magic?

Also, too, great post.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2093 on: August 05, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »

Bring it on, MikeC.

If you thought Yeti wrote that then you've never read a single one of Yeti's post in your life.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2094 on: August 05, 2010, 01:38:29 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 05, 2010, 01:33:14 PM

Bring it on, MikeC.

Scorpion Secks Magic?

Also, too, great post.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2095 on: August 05, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 05, 2010, 01:36:57 PM

Bring it on, MikeC.

If you thought Yeti wrote that then you've never read a single one of Yeti's post in your life.

As much as I'd like to devote my entire life to destroying PenFoe, I have to admit that made me laugh. Heartily.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2096 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 05, 2010, 01:38:29 PM
In reading the Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision, can I just point out the exceptional quality of the writing and the opinion?  Beyond that, this is clearly a decision designed for one person and one person only.  Anthony Kennedy.  Kennedy was the swing vote in Lawrence and will be the swing vote in this case once it makes its way to SCOTUS, barring any deaths or resignations.  

The bigger picture is how the justices will look at this case.  I think most, if not all, will view this case as probably the most significant civil rights case they'll ever hear (maybe the second amendment cases for the conservatives) and that their opinions will be judged and scrutinized for years to come.  Kennedy will probably be looking to leave some kind of legacy on the court and this would be huge.

That said, the decision's due process logic is probably the most compelling; that is, there exists no rational basis (one of the tiers of strict scrutiny) for the restriction of SSM.  I think Boies and Olsen did a phenomenal job in their presentation of the case and their organization of the witnesses.  If I were an opponent of marriage equality, I'd be looking for new legal reasons to oppose SSM.  And before anyone else notes this, Judge Walker is a Republican (said he joined the party in the Nixon era [BOOYAH!!!]) and was appointed by both Reagan and Bush the Elder.

On a personal note, it feels imminently gratifying to see that despite the demagoguery of a campaign and the inherent nastiness that democracy can produce, when the result of said democracy is challenged in court, one better have a better argument than fear and ignorance.  Because it didn't work here.

Bring it on, MikeC.

Scorpion Secks Magic?

Also, too, great post.

I plan to steal that image.

EDIT: DPD

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2097 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:12 PM »

Bring it on, MikeC.

Scorpion Secks Magic?

Also, too, great post.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about that. Good times.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2098 on: August 05, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »

Bring it on, MikeC.

I had that one good post that one time, dickblick

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2099 on: August 05, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 05, 2010, 01:55:37 PM

Bring it on, MikeC.

I had that one good post that one time, dickblick

I was really talking more about style than substance, but I'm certainly not sad it was interpreted the other way.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"