News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,794 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2115 on: August 05, 2010, 08:07:15 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 05, 2010, 01:39:12 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 05, 2010, 01:33:14 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 05, 2010, 01:13:58 PM
In reading the Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision, can I just point out the exceptional quality of the writing and the opinion?  Beyond that, this is clearly a decision designed for one person and one person only.  Anthony Kennedy.  Kennedy was the swing vote in Lawrence and will be the swing vote in this case once it makes its way to SCOTUS, barring any deaths or resignations. 

The bigger picture is how the justices will look at this case.  I think most, if not all, will view this case as probably the most significant civil rights case they'll ever hear (maybe the second amendment cases for the conservatives) and that their opinions will be judged and scrutinized for years to come.  Kennedy will probably be looking to leave some kind of legacy on the court and this would be huge.

That said, the decision's due process logic is probably the most compelling; that is, there exists no rational basis (one of the tiers of strict scrutiny) for the restriction of SSM.  I think Boies and Olsen did a phenomenal job in their presentation of the case and their organization of the witnesses.  If I were an opponent of marriage equality, I'd be looking for new legal reasons to oppose SSM.  And before anyone else notes this, Judge Walker is a Republican (said he joined the party in the Nixon era [BOOYAH!!!]) and was appointed by both Reagan and Bush the Elder.

On a personal note, it feels imminently gratifying to see that despite the demagoguery of a campaign and the inherent nastiness that democracy can produce, when the result of said democracy is challenged in court, one better have a better argument than fear and ignorance.  Because it didn't work here.

Bring it on, MikeC.

Scorpion Secks Magic?

Also, too, great post.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about that. Good times.

Ut was the first thing I thought of.

Oh, how...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2116 on: August 05, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 05, 2010, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 05, 2010, 01:39:12 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 05, 2010, 01:33:14 PM
In reading the Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision, can I just point out the exceptional quality of the writing and the opinion?  Beyond that, this is clearly a decision designed for one person and one person only.  Anthony Kennedy.  Kennedy was the swing vote in Lawrence and will be the swing vote in this case once it makes its way to SCOTUS, barring any deaths or resignations. 

The bigger picture is how the justices will look at this case.  I think most, if not all, will view this case as probably the most significant civil rights case they'll ever hear (maybe the second amendment cases for the conservatives) and that their opinions will be judged and scrutinized for years to come.  Kennedy will probably be looking to leave some kind of legacy on the court and this would be huge.

That said, the decision's due process logic is probably the most compelling; that is, there exists no rational basis (one of the tiers of strict scrutiny) for the restriction of SSM.  I think Boies and Olsen did a phenomenal job in their presentation of the case and their organization of the witnesses.  If I were an opponent of marriage equality, I'd be looking for new legal reasons to oppose SSM.  And before anyone else notes this, Judge Walker is a Republican (said he joined the party in the Nixon era [BOOYAH!!!]) and was appointed by both Reagan and Bush the Elder.

On a personal note, it feels imminently gratifying to see that despite the demagoguery of a campaign and the inherent nastiness that democracy can produce, when the result of said democracy is challenged in court, one better have a better argument than fear and ignorance.  Because it didn't work here.

Bring it on, MikeC.

Scorpion Secks Magic?

Also, too, great post.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about that. Good times.

Utler was the first thing I thought of.

Oh, how...

SUPA BEARS SUPA BOWE SUPA BEARS SUPA BOWE'd

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2118 on: August 07, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »
This column about how ugly liberals are was clearly written while jerking off to fake nudes of Sarah Palin...

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/29/the-men-of-journolist/

QuoteMaybe there is some correlation between beauty and conservatism. Perhaps pretty people don't have to deal with as much humiliation early in life, and therefore don't become bitter with resentment. They get dates, get picked for teams, they make out. And the conservatives who are less attractive learn and accept that the world is not fair. They make their peace with God. They don't become utopians, trying to create a world where they will be loved and appreciated if only they can force the world to flip right side up and be what they want it to be. They feel no need to go work for the Nation. Is it a coincidence that Andrew Sullivan's liberalism has increased in proportion to his hotness decreasing? Twenty years ago he was a thin, winsome Tory posing in a GAP ad. Today he looks like something making noise after washing up on a San Francisco pier.

Sullivan, of course, brings us to Sarah Palin. Andrew Sullivan's obsessive hatred of Palin goes far beyond the cynicism of a journalist; there is a kind of primordial spasm of rage against something so marvelously lovely, so downright awesome. It's like that guy a few years ago who took a hammer to Da Vinci's sculpting of David. The beauty was unbearable! Palin is an archetype that the left does not know how to contain or control: the hot female jock who also happens to be cool. The left hates good-looking Republican women and jocks, so combining the two is like an exorcist hitting a demon with not only prayers, but water blessed by the Pope.

There's usually one hot female jock like Palin in every school. It's a girl who is so stunning that even teachers find themselves staring, yet she is too modest to acknowledge her beauty. She plays it down or changes the subject when someone brings it up. It may be because she was raised with good values, the desire to be humble, but it could also be because she wants to be taken seriously as a jock. Palin is a triple threat: a pretty jock who is also incredibly sexy (pretty and sexy are two different things). In high school she was the kind of girl that the school newspaper nerds – the future Journolisters – despised. Pummeled with so much raw beauty, athleticism and sex appeal – and she's nice, too, goddamn her – these fearless chroniclers of reality were left sputtering – and seething.

Sarah Palin is the Da Vinci's sculpting of David of incredibly sexy, yet modest, archetypal teenage girls.

You know the ones...
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2119 on: August 08, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 07, 2010, 04:31:38 PM
This column about how ugly liberals are was clearly written while jerking off to fake nudes of Sarah Palin...

It's not Liberty Leading the People, but still.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2120 on: August 08, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
In reading the Perry v. Schwarzenegger decision, can I just point out the exceptional quality of the writing and the opinion?  Beyond that, this is clearly a decision designed for one person and one person only.  Anthony Kennedy.  Kennedy was the swing vote in Lawrence and will be the swing vote in this case once it makes its way to SCOTUS, barring any deaths or resignations.  

The bigger picture is how the justices will look at this case.  I think most, if not all, will view this case as probably the most significant civil rights case they'll ever hear (maybe the second amendment cases for the conservatives) and that their opinions will be judged and scrutinized for years to come.  Kennedy will probably be looking to leave some kind of legacy on the court and this would be huge.

That said, the decision's due process logic is probably the most compelling; that is, there exists no rational basis (one of the tiers of strict scrutiny) for the restriction of SSM.  I think Boies and Olsen did a phenomenal job in their presentation of the case and their organization of the witnesses.  If I were an opponent of marriage equality, I'd be looking for new legal reasons to oppose SSM.  And before anyone else notes this, Judge Walker is a Republican (said he joined the party in the Nixon era [BOOYAH!!!]) and was appointed by both Reagan and Bush the Elder.

On a personal note, it feels imminently gratifying to see that despite the demagoguery of a campaign and the inherent nastiness that democracy can produce, when the result of said democracy is challenged in court, one better have a better argument than fear and ignorance.  Because it didn't work here.

Bring it on, MikeC.

All of the cases that I have handled before Walker have been labor cases in which I was representing unions.  Walker has never been friendly towards unions so wins were few and far between.  He wasn't nasty but he just never gave us a break that he didn't have to give us.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2121 on: August 08, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 08, 2010, 06:21:27 PM

That is breathtaking.

The proportion of her head to the rest of her body is clearly a rebuke of that nancyboy eurofag Vitruvius.

But isn't the idea of the Gadsden Flag to not tread on the rattlesnake?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2122 on: August 08, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 08, 2010, 07:09:47 PM

That is breathtaking.

He's veritably bursting with ideas.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2123 on: August 08, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 08, 2010, 07:18:17 PM

That is breathtaking.

He definitely loves America...

This guy may be my new favorite latter-day drug-addled surrealist...

http://daletoons.blogspot.com/2010/05/jay-watcher.html

QuoteOne-time Tonight Show host, Conan O'Brien finally breaks his silence and seems to have Leno on the brain. Look into the eyes of true misery. A misery that even a 32 million dollar severance package and a new job in the fall can't cure. If you are an unemployed factory worker still looking for work in the hope-topia that all these late-night liberal clowns helped foist on us, whose severance package consisted of a pat on the head and a hearty "good luck", I hope you'll gain some perspective. –Dale

Posted by Dale

There's no way this guy is not a Yippie.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2124 on: August 08, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 08, 2010, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 08, 2010, 07:18:17 PM

That is breathtaking.

He definitely loves America...

This guy may be my new favorite latter-day drug-addled surrealist...

http://daletoons.blogspot.com/2010/05/jay-watcher.html

QuoteOne-time Tonight Show host, Conan O'Brien finally breaks his silence and seems to have Leno on the brain. Look into the eyes of true misery. A misery that even a 32 million dollar severance package and a new job in the fall can't cure. If you are an unemployed factory worker still looking for work in the hope-topia that all these late-night liberal clowns helped foist on us, whose severance package consisted of a pat on the head and a hearty "good luck", I hope you'll gain some perspective. –Dale

Posted by Dale

There's no way this guy is not a Yippie.

Up against the wall motherfucker.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2125 on: August 09, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2126 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
Also, this country is retarded:

QuoteWhen presented with the statement "human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals," just 45 percent of respondents indicated "true." Compare this figure with the affirmative percentages in Japan (78), Europe (70), China (69) and South Korea (64). Only 33 percent of Americans agreed that "the universe began with a big explosion."

QuoteConsider the results of a 2009 Pew Survey: 31 percent of U.S. adults believe "humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time." (So much for dogs, horses or H1N1 flu.) The survey's most enlightening aspect was its categorization of responses by levels of religious activity, which suggests that the most devout are on average least willing to accept the evidence of reality. White evangelical Protestants have the highest denial rate (55 percent), closely followed by the group across all religions who attend services on average at least once a week (49 percent).

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=faith-and-foolishness

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2127 on: August 09, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »
And finally, for all the Sturm und Drang about the World Trade Center mosque (that isn't really a mosque)...THOSE MUSSELMEN ARE TAKING OVER THE PENTAGON.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2129 on: August 09, 2010, 09:21:49 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 09, 2010, 09:11:52 AM
And finally, for all the Sturm und Drang about the World Trade Center mosque (that isn't really a mosque)...THOSE MUSSELMEN ARE TAKING OVER THE PENTAGON.

and also isn't at Ground Zero - it's an old Burlington Coat Factory on Park Place.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16