News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,821 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2580 on: October 08, 2010, 10:00:06 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 08, 2010, 09:30:52 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 08, 2010, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: Bort on October 08, 2010, 09:17:48 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 08, 2010, 09:13:41 AM
Quote from: morpheus on October 08, 2010, 08:51:32 AM
QuoteVotes: Apr 27, 2010: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative's position was not kept.  Sep 27, 2010: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator's position was not kept.

DPD. I must be an ignorant sumbitch because I had no idea this was possible. Congress can take votes without recording each person's vote for posterity? What the hell? That's about as transparent as a warm Dr. Pepper.

Yeah. That's...troubling.

A voice vote can be subject to challenge during parliamentary proceedings if members don't think a legit majority was reached and thrown to a vote on the record. So I think voice votes can only be taken when the majority is big enough to not be challenged. For the sake of the record, I think you can blame them all.

What a bunch of clowns.

Well, I'm just glad to live in a country where we have the chance to continually elect saps who vote against our interests. I'd sure hate to lose that right.

I'm curious whether this veto might be Elizabeth Warren's first victory as special advisor to Obama.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2581 on: October 08, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 08, 2010, 08:53:07 AM
Quote from: morpheus on October 08, 2010, 08:51:32 AM
Hey, you wanted bipartisanship and getting things doneHow's this?  Passage of HR3808: Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2009 is troubling, to say the least.

QuoteThe bill, it turns out, has passed both congress and senate, and is now quietly awaiting for Obama's signature to be enacted into law. In summary, the bill requires all federal and state courts to recognize notarizations made in other states. That's the theoretical definition: the practical one - the legislation, if enacted, could protect bank and mortgage processors from liability for false or improperly prepared documents. In other words, with one simple signature Obama has the capacity to prevent tens of billions in damages to banks from legal fees, MBS deficiency claims, unwound sales, and to formally make what started this whole mess: Court Fraud perpetrated by banks, a legal act, and to finally trample over the constitution.

From http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3808
QuoteVotes: Apr 27, 2010: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative's position was not kept.  Sep 27, 2010: This bill passed in the Senate by Unanimous Consent. A record of each senator's position was not kept.

I think there's enough room for anger on all sides here.

Obama has said he will not sign this.

The veto pen works.

Or maybe it actually doesn't. He's just putting the bill in his desk somewhere. Pocket veto, second of the term.

This is actually the better form of vetoing it, as well. This way, Congress cannot vote on the bill without beginning the whole process over again.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2582 on: October 08, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »
Fallout?  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/BofA-halts-foreclosure-sales-apf-977158216.html

QuotePotential flaws in foreclosure documents are threatening to throw the real estate industry into a full-blown crisis, as Bank of America on Friday became the first bank to stop sales of foreclosed homes in all 50 states.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2583 on: October 08, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 08, 2010, 11:51:05 AM
Fallout?  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/BofA-halts-foreclosure-sales-apf-977158216.html

QuotePotential flaws in foreclosure documents are threatening to throw the real estate industry into a full-blown crisis, as Bank of America on Friday became the first bank to stop sales of foreclosed homes in all 50 states.

Yikes. More good news:

Quote64,000 private-sector jobs. That's about 35,000 less than the 100,000 or so jobs needed to keep up with population growth. It's about 180,000 less than the number of jobs needed to get back to 5 percent unemployment in the next 10 years. It's about 257,000 less than the 320,000 jobs needed to get back to 5 percent unemployment in five years.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2584 on: October 08, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »

Boy, if you thought "Outsourced" wasn't funny before...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2585 on: October 09, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Nation of shopkeepers, nation of thieves.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2586 on: October 11, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
It seems Bill Brady was for the train line to nowhere so long as he doesn't have to pay for it.

QuoteAndwith GOP candidates for governor around the Midwest increasingly coming out against President Barack Obama's proposed high-speed rail network, it's interesting to note that the party's candidate in Illinois, Bill Brady, has a different view.

When I asked him about the issue recently, he responded by saying that most of the money involved is coming from the federal government.

Translation: Mr. Brady is from Downstate, which desperately needs infrastructure pops in the arm to revive its economy. And if that takes federal dough to do, he has no problem with that.

Fiscal frauds, the lot of them.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2587 on: October 11, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 09, 2010, 04:23:37 PM
Nation of shopkeepers, nation of thieves.

Word.

The GOP is working a little too hard at saying "nothing to see here", for it to be believable that there's nothing to see there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2588 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/business/economy/10view.html
QuoteReasonable people can disagree about whether and how much the government should redistribute income. And, to be sure, the looming budget deficits require hard choices about spending and taxes. But don't let anyone fool you into thinking that when the government taxes the rich, only the rich bear the burden.

Or:  PEOPLE RESPOND TO INCENTIVES.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2589 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 11, 2010, 03:57:43 PM
QuoteReasonable people can disagree about whether and how much the government should redistribute income. And, to be sure, the looming budget deficits require hard choices about spending and taxes. But don't let anyone fool you into thinking that when the government taxes the rich, only the rich bear the burden.

Maybe we should stop filling the tax code with incentives and simply use the tax code to, you know, pay for what the government decides it needs.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2590 on: October 11, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »

TAUTOLOGIES DESCRIBE TAUTOLOGIES!

/pokestick
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2591 on: October 11, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 11, 2010, 04:16:41 PM

Or:  PEOPLE RESPOND TO INCENTIVES.

Maybe we should stop filling the tax code with incentives and simply use the tax code to, you know, pay for what the government decides it needs.

I couldn't agree more.

EDIT: I think "pay for what the people decide the government needs" is a better way to put it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2592 on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
Godwin's Law, made simple.
TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2593 on: October 12, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 12, 2010, 08:26:18 AM

I guess they will go after anyone who appeared in The Sound of Music next?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2594 on: October 12, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 12, 2010, 08:27:52 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 12, 2010, 08:26:18 AM

I guess they will go after anyone who appeared in The Sound of Music next?

George Hutchins says this guy is a NINO.