News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,794 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2820 on: October 27, 2010, 04:04:44 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 27, 2010, 01:50:47 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 27, 2010, 12:51:57 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 27, 2010, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 27, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
Some news from New Jersey:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-pn-tunnel-christie-20101028,0,2187939.story

Governor Christie's conservative values demand that we immediately return to the 19th Century.  Why do we need train tunnels under rivers when there are all of those perfectly good horse drawn carriages left over in the museums?  Anyway, why would people in New Jersey want to get to New York?  Oh.  Wait.  That's a rhetorical question, isn't it?

OK, so the tunnel to Macy's basement was originally going to be a mere $5B. Then, it rose to $8.7B. Then, to $11B or $14B. And all the overruns would fall on NJ.

Chris Christie has balls. That's nice to see.

How about the several hundred million Illinois will be spending to connect Chicago with that bustling but remote and hard to get to center of commerce Iowa City. Why, a 3-hour drive down I-80 needs to be cut to 1 1/2 hours at any cost!

For once it's good to see any politician who preached fiscal responsibility actually follow through.

Again, it's NJ. He's merely looking to divert the funding to another project with friendlier backing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2821 on: October 27, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
I think this is the Onion's first non-satirical article ever, since this is pretty much what has happened lately.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/democrats-if-were-gonna-lose-lets-go-down-running,18333/

QuoteWASHINGTON—Conceding almost certain Republican gains in next month's crucial midterm elections, Democratic lawmakers vowed Tuesday not to give up without making one final push to ensure their party runs away from every major legislative victory of the past two years.

Party leaders told reporters that regardless of the ultimate outcome, they would do everything in their power from now until the polls closed to distance themselves from their hard-won passage of a historic health care overhaul, the toughest financial regulations since the 1930s, and a stimulus package most economists now credit with preventing a second Great Depression.

"There's a great deal on the line, and we know it isn't going to be easy for us," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), speaking from the steps of the Capitol. "But if we suffer defeat, we will do so knowing we cowered away from absolutely anything we produced that was even remotely progressive or valuable in any way."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2822 on: October 27, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 27, 2010, 04:04:44 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-pn-tunnel-christie-20101028,0,2187939.story

Governor Christie's conservative values demand that we immediately return to the 19th Century.  Why do we need train tunnels under rivers when there are all of those perfectly good horse drawn carriages left over in the museums?  Anyway, why would people in New Jersey want to get to New York?  Oh.  Wait.  That's a rhetorical question, isn't it?

OK, so the tunnel to Macy's basement was originally going to be a mere $5B. Then, it rose to $8.7B. Then, to $11B or $14B. And all the overruns would fall on NJ.

How about the several hundred million Illinois will be spending to connect Chicago with that bustling but remote and hard to get to center of commerce Iowa City. Why, a 3-hour drive down I-80 needs to be cut to 1 1/2 hours at any cost!

For once it's good to see any politician who preached fiscal responsibility actually follow through.

Again, it's NJ. He's merely looking to divert the funding to another project with friendlier backing.

Thank the imaginary sky creature that nothing of the sort could ever happen here.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2823 on: October 27, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 27, 2010, 07:45:59 PM

Thank the imaginary sky creature that nothing of the sort could ever happen here.

Thank the imaginary sky creature that we can just completely discredit Christie without any evidence whatsoever. EVEN WHEN THEY ACT LIKE FISCAL CONSERVATIVES, THEY PROBABLY AREN'T REALLY!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2824 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:06 PM »

If the decision is made on the basis of it being a hell  of a lot of money and that the price tag  is actually going to be higher, that doesn't take guts.  The decision must be made on a cost benefit analysis.  If in the long run it is going to pay off, such as the investment in General Motors, or yes, the bank bail out, then it takes guts to go along with it in spite of the political fallout.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2825 on: October 27, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 27, 2010, 08:40:06 PM
If the decision is made on the basis of it being a hell  of a lot of money and that the price tag  is actually going to be higher, that doesn't take guts.  The decision must be made on a cost benefit analysis.  If in the long run it is going to pay off, such as the investment in General Motors, or yes, the bank bail out, then it takes guts to go along with it in spite of the political fallout.

That requires leaders, Stew.  These guys are looking for jobs in the short term and speaking gigs and wealth in the long term.

Congress is a jobs program for those 535 people with the connections to get enough money to fool enough people to get them elected.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2826 on: October 27, 2010, 10:22:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2010, 07:54:34 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 27, 2010, 07:45:59 PM

Thank the imaginary sky creature that we can just completely discredit Christie without any evidence whatsoever. EVEN WHEN THEY ACT LIKE FISCAL CONSERVATIVES, THEY PROBABLY AREN'T REALLY!

You're absolutely right. And Albert Pujols is a drug-free 30 year old.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2827 on: October 27, 2010, 10:42:35 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 27, 2010, 09:46:39 PM
Quote from: CBStew on October 27, 2010, 08:40:06 PM

That requires leaders, Stew.  These guys are looking for jobs in the short term and speaking gigs and wealth in the long term.

Congress is a jobs program for those 535 people with the connections to get enough money to fool enough people to get them elected.

WE NEED TO ELECT PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SERVE!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2828 on: October 27, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 27, 2010, 01:25:46 PM
Quote from: morpheus on October 27, 2010, 12:45:15 PM

Why would NJ want to buy something it can't pay for?  I think that's probably the more relevant question.  Tunnels cost money to build and NJ doesn't have any money; it is in debt and would have to borrow more to pay its share of the tunnel expenses.

I apologize if you were writing in green font there.

NJ has been an ecponomic trainwreck of irresponsible tax cuts and off-budget spending for decades. This tunnel is a bad idea, but I have every confidence that if it is killed, it will be replaced by another economic sinkhole that is as bad or worse than this one.

Yeah.  New Jersey's taxes are just way too low.

And that's before they got started.  This thing had "Big Dig II"  written all over it.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2829 on: October 28, 2010, 08:13:14 AM »
All you Obama dong chuggers in here, get ready to chug like you've never chugged before... the Iranians say he's on his way out.

Of course, this can only mean one thing.  President Biden.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2830 on: October 28, 2010, 08:33:35 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 28, 2010, 08:13:14 AM
All you Obama dong chuggers in here, get ready to chug like you've never chugged before... the Iranians say he's on his way out.

Of course, this can only mean one thing.  President Biden.

Look for President Biden and Speaker Boehner to have a bipartisan tanning bed.
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2831 on: October 28, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »
To spread the fun: http://gawker.com/5674353/i-had-a-one+night-stand-with-christine-odonnell

There's some current talk to decide if it's bullshit or not.

QuoteI won't get into the nitty gritty details of what happened between the sheets that evening. But I will say that it wasn't half as exciting as I'd been hoping it would be. Christine was a decent kisser, but as soon as soon as her clothes came off and she was naked in my bed, Christine informed me that she was a virgin.

"You've got to be kidding," I said. She didn't explain at the time that she was a "born-again virgin." She made it seem like she'd never had sex in her life, which seemed pretty improbable for a woman her age. And she made it clear that she was planning on staying a virgin that night. But there were signs that she wasn't very experienced sexually. When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep. It was almost four o'clock in the morning. I had to get up at 6:30 to go to work

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2832 on: October 28, 2010, 03:46:12 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 28, 2010, 03:15:02 PM
To spread the fun: http://gawker.com/5674353/i-had-a-one+night-stand-with-christine-odonnell

QuoteI won't get into the nitty gritty details of what happened between the sheets that evening. But I will say that it wasn't half as exciting as I'd been hoping it would be. Christine was a decent kisser, but as soon as soon as her clothes came off and she was naked in my bed, Christine informed me that she was a virgin.

"You've got to be kidding," I said. She didn't explain at the time that she was a "born-again virgin." She made it seem like she'd never had sex in her life, which seemed pretty improbable for a woman her age. And she made it clear that she was planning on staying a virgin that night. But there were signs that she wasn't very experienced sexually. When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep. It was almost four o'clock in the morning. I had to get up at 6:30 to go to work

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that. There are a manner of men who would abandon ship at the sight of female pubic hair. Those men are known as homosexuals. If the dude said she just wouldn't shut up about something something something... Ok, I'd buy it.

EDIT: I guess there is another type of dude who would recoil at the sight of a hairy box. Ask Yeti about it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2833 on: October 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 03:46:12 PM

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that. There are a manner of men who would abandon ship at the sight of female pubic hair. Those men are known as homosexuals. If the dude said she just wouldn't shut up about something something something... Ok, I'd buy it.

EDIT: I guess there is another type of dude who would recoil at the sight of a hairy box. Ask Yeti about it.

Yep, that's gotta be a lie. You part the Hair Sea and you go to town. You don't bring someone all the way home with and work her underwear off just to recoil at some fucking pubes. Fuck this guy.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2834 on: October 28, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 03:46:12 PM

Yep, that's gotta be a lie. You part the Hair Sea and you go to town. You don't bring someone all the way home with and work her underwear off just to recoil at some fucking pubes. Fuck this guy.

THI. See, I'd kind of like it to be semi-true because for some reason she got a little bit hot to me. I have a proclivity for moderately attractive older women with power though, so I suppose it suits me. If it's bullshit, then he can jump back to the fact that he didn't claim he banged her if he gets shit from her camp. And what's she going to do about the bush claim? Say she waxes and prove it?

Her and Palin can tagteam me.