News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,848 )

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2835 on: October 28, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 28, 2010, 08:13:14 AM
All you Obama dong chuggers in here, get ready to chug like you've never chugged before... the Iranians say he's on his way out.

Of course, this can only mean one thing.  President Biden.

They're just copying storylines from 24 now.
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2836 on: October 28, 2010, 05:30:35 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2837 on: October 28, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 28, 2010, 05:30:35 PM
Interesting analysis from Stratfor.

I think it's a great analysis with two exceptions.  One, the Democrats have 59 seats in the Senate, not 60, and could not enforce CLOTURE!!! whenever they wished.  Two, the article cites Obama's putatively "low" approval ratings.  I don't know if having W. in office for 8 years affected our collective sense of "low," but Obama's numbers approval numbers are hovering around 45%.  Looking at the approval ratings for the beatified Ronnie with similar historic analogues, I wouldn't call Obama's number's "low."

But, that having been said, the article has a good analysis.  Again, I think Obama's chances in 2012 are pretty good, especially considering the three oft-cited potential opponents: Newt, Palin, and Romney.  Some analysis here.  I think a GOP House will provide Obama with a good pivot, while perhaps allowing for some good compromise legislation.  However, after hearing McConnell, Boehner, and Pence this past week, I doubt that is likely, as nihilism seems to be in order for the GOP.

I think it's sad, because while voters are obviously upset about the course of the country, I think most polls indicate that they are willing to give the GOP control of the legislature because they think it will force both sides to work together.

I guess we'll see.

PS - Spell check wanted to correct Boehner as "Boner."  Tee hee.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2838 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »
DPD, but here are the results from the latest Communist, America-hating, leftist, TAXOLIB-HOMOCRAT New York Times/CBS poll.

See generally http://documents.nytimes.com/new-york-timescbs-news-poll-a-pre-election-day-glimpse-of-a-politically-disappointed-nation?ref=politics
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2839 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 28, 2010, 05:50:55 PM
Quote from: morpheus on October 28, 2010, 05:30:35 PM
Interesting analysis from Stratfor.

I think it's a great analysis with two exceptions.  One, the Democrats have 59 seats in the Senate, not 60, and could not enforce CLOTURE!!! whenever they wished.  Two, the article cites Obama's putatively "low" approval ratings.  I don't know if having W. in office for 8 years affected our collective sense of "low," but Obama's numbers approval numbers are hovering around 45%.  Looking at the approval ratings for the beatified Ronnie with similar historic analogues, I wouldn't call Obama's number's "low."

But, that having been said, the article has a good analysis.  Again, I think Obama's chances in 2012 are pretty good, especially considering the three oft-cited potential opponents: Newt, Palin, and Romney.  Some analysis here.  I think a GOP House will provide Obama with a good pivot, while perhaps allowing for some good compromise legislation.  However, after hearing McConnell, Boehner, and Pence this past week, I doubt that is likely, as nihilism seems to be in order for the GOP.

I think it's sad, because while voters are obviously upset about the course of the country, I think most polls indicate that they are willing to give the GOP control of the legislature because they think it will force both sides to work together.

I guess we'll see.

PS - Spell check wanted to correct Boehner as "Boner."  Tee hee.

That's a pretty interesting article. I thought this was a pretty good observation:

QuoteReagan's ratings were higher than the averages of his three immediate predecessors -- Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, and Richard Nixon, supporting the arguments of those who contend that one of Reagan's major contributions was to restore confidence in the presidency after the battering it took in the 1970s. But the two presidents who followed Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, each had higher average ratings than Reagan, as did three earlier presidents -- Lyndon Johnson, John F. Kennedy, and Dwight Eisenhower.

[Obamadongchug]You can really see a bit of a trajectory on that graph, and you have to wonder how much of an approval rating is due to perceptions of the Office that are completely independent from perceptions of the Man (e.g. maybe Obama has an approval rating ceiling due to perceptions of the Office caused by the W administration and he'll never be able to jump above a given number.) Of course, maybe it's simpler than that and the car/ditch analogy that Obama has pointed to has exhibited itself (to a lesser extent) during each transition.[/slurp]

That said, in majoritarian electoral politics, there is a gigantic difference between 45% and 53%.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2840 on: October 28, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
DPD. Grabbing the data from this Gallup chart, Obama's average approval rating has been 52.22370618. Average disapproval is 40.15525876.

And per this article, GW's average approval rating was 49.4%. So Obama's declining approval ratings would stay true to the general downward trend.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2841 on: October 28, 2010, 08:57:19 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 28, 2010, 06:52:20 PM
DPD. Grabbing the data from this Gallup chart, Obama's average approval rating has been 52.22370618. Average disapproval is 40.15525876.

And per this article, GW's average approval rating was 49.4%. So Obama's declining approval ratings would stay true to the general downward trend.

This is the first time I can recall being so firmly entrenched in the Meh Bloc. It's kind of cathartic. People can dongchug or hateanger on old Barry. But you what has two thumbs and doesn't give a shit? This guy.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2842 on: October 28, 2010, 09:28:06 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 08:57:19 PM

This is the first time I can recall being so firmly entrenched in the Meh Bloc. It's kind of cathartic. People can dongchug or hateanger on old Barry. But you what has two thumbs and doesn't give a shit? This guy.

The whole you?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2843 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 28, 2010, 09:28:06 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 08:57:19 PM

The whole you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ZSZUSrXc8
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2844 on: October 29, 2010, 02:08:11 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 03:46:12 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 28, 2010, 03:15:02 PM
To spread the fun: http://gawker.com/5674353/i-had-a-one+night-stand-with-christine-odonnell

There's some current talk to decide if it's bullshit or not.

QuoteI won't get into the nitty gritty details of what happened between the sheets that evening. But I will say that it wasn't half as exciting as I'd been hoping it would be. Christine was a decent kisser, but as soon as soon as her clothes came off and she was naked in my bed, Christine informed me that she was a virgin.

"You've got to be kidding," I said. She didn't explain at the time that she was a "born-again virgin." She made it seem like she'd never had sex in her life, which seemed pretty improbable for a woman her age. And she made it clear that she was planning on staying a virgin that night. But there were signs that she wasn't very experienced sexually. When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep. It was almost four o'clock in the morning. I had to get up at 6:30 to go to work

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that. There are a manner of men who would abandon ship at the sight of female pubic hair. Those men are known as homosexuals. If the dude said she just wouldn't shut up about something something something... Ok, I'd buy it.

EDIT: I guess there is another type of dude who would recoil at the sight of a hairy box. Ask Yeti about it.

Yep, that's gotta be a lie. You part the Hair Sea and you go to town. You don't bring someone all the way home with and work her underwear off just to recoil at some fucking pubes. Fuck this guy.

I'm pretty sure this is the highest approval rating bush has gotten in this thread.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2845 on: October 29, 2010, 08:42:42 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on October 29, 2010, 02:08:11 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2010, 03:46:12 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 28, 2010, 03:15:02 PM
To spread the fun: http://gawker.com/5674353/i-had-a-one+night-stand-with-christine-odonnell

There's some current talk to decide if it's bullshit or not.

QuoteI won't get into the nitty gritty details of what happened between the sheets that evening. But I will say that it wasn't half as exciting as I'd been hoping it would be. Christine was a decent kisser, but as soon as soon as her clothes came off and she was naked in my bed, Christine informed me that she was a virgin.

"You've got to be kidding," I said. She didn't explain at the time that she was a "born-again virgin." She made it seem like she'd never had sex in her life, which seemed pretty improbable for a woman her age. And she made it clear that she was planning on staying a virgin that night. But there were signs that she wasn't very experienced sexually. When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep. It was almost four o'clock in the morning. I had to get up at 6:30 to go to work

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that. There are a manner of men who would abandon ship at the sight of female pubic hair. Those men are known as homosexuals. If the dude said she just wouldn't shut up about something something something... Ok, I'd buy it.

EDIT: I guess there is another type of dude who would recoil at the sight of a hairy box. Ask Yeti about it.

Yep, that's gotta be a lie. You part the Hair Sea and you go to town. You don't bring someone all the way home with and work her underwear off just to recoil at some fucking pubes. Fuck this guy.

I'm pretty sure this is the highest approval rating bush has gotten in this thread.

More on O'Donnell's hair-o-phobic suitor here.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2846 on: October 29, 2010, 08:49:05 AM »
LASERS!

QuoteDemocratic Senate candidate Joe Manchin has an amazing set of new Web videos in the West Virginia Senate race -- possibly the best Web-based campaign spots of the whole cycle. Remember that fun moment when Republican nominee John Raese said that the country needs "1,000 laser systems put in the sky, and we need it right now," and said it would only cost $20 billion? Well, now Manchin's campaign is connecting that to Raese's other positions -- and also to the Death Star and those white-armored storm troopers.

"We need 1,000 laser systems put int he sky, and we need it right now," Raese is shown saying in the video clip.

Then in comes that John Williams Darth Vader theme music, images of people in storm trooper costumes on parade, and laser beams from the sky wiping out a public school, clean drinking water and a Social Security card. The final image: John Raese's head on a storm trooper body, with laser beams raining down upon Earth in the background.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2847 on: October 29, 2010, 08:52:59 AM »
I strongly support NMA becoming the #1 news source in the world.  Here's their depiction of the Reid/Angle race, and it has to be the best description of a political race I've ever seen.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2848 on: October 29, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 29, 2010, 08:52:59 AM
I strongly support NMA becoming the #1 news source in the world.  Here's their depiction of the Reid/Angle race, and it has to be the best description of a political race I've ever seen.

"Will shimmy for food."

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2849 on: October 29, 2010, 12:58:32 PM »
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.