News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,840 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #2955 on: November 06, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 06, 2010, 02:08:13 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 06, 2010, 02:04:23 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 06, 2010, 09:30:30 AM
Quote from: Brownie on November 04, 2010, 12:50:16 PM
Quote from: morpheus on November 04, 2010, 12:05:18 PM
DOOM http://www.gmo.com/websitecontent/JGLetter_NightofLivingFed_3Q10.pdf

Paul, is that you?

QuoteThe U.K. stock market has been more responsive to the U.S.'s Year
3 stimulus than the U.S. market has itself. It shows Britain in its true colors: half a hedge fund and half the 51st state.
[Oh,] How humiliating!

Speaking of ... anybody think this is he?

Check the comments: http://www.sporcle.com/games/espngurus/2010jewishbaseballplayers

Now, that's some fine sophistry right there.

Mas http://www.sporcle.com/games/triviahappy/Allusions_for_People_and_Characters

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2956 on: November 06, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2957 on: November 08, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2958 on: November 08, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
And the Labor Board makes the front page...of the Huffington Post, so take that for what it's worth.

Nevertheless, a huge decision, with tremendous applications.  I'll spare everyone the pain of having to go to HuffPo, though for the conservatives, I'm sure the NYT isn't that much better.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/09/business/09facebook.html?hp
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2959 on: November 09, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 08, 2010, 11:56:00 PM
And the Labor Board makes the front page...of the Huffington Post,

Joining illustrious company.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2960 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:31 PM »
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2961 on: November 09, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 09, 2010, 09:47:31 PM
2012 GAMECHANGER, Ogdens.

I didn't know anything about that guy. He seemed like a good man. Then I got to the end of the article. My suspicions were CORRECT.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2962 on: November 10, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2963 on: November 10, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 10, 2010, 01:41:40 PM
The mystical magical debt commission and its preliminary recommendations: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/deficit-commission-co-chairs-simpson-and-bowles-release-eye-popping-recommendations.php?ref=fpa

Generally I like what they've come up with, although I'd like to see them go further on nondefense discretionary spending.  They propose to freeze this at 2010 levels.  I'd prefer more like 1998 levels.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2964 on: November 10, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 10, 2010, 02:48:40 PM
The mystical magical debt commission and its preliminary recommendations: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/deficit-commission-co-chairs-simpson-and-bowles-release-eye-popping-recommendations.php?ref=fpa

Generally I like what they've come up with, although I'd like to see them go further on nondefense discretionary spending.  They propose to freeze this at 2010 levels.  I'd prefer more like 1998 levels.

Well of course you would.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2965 on: November 10, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »

I mean there's so many savings we can get from something that is like 1/4th of the overall budget picture.

We should shut down the whole government, sans military, and then we'd really save money
(while still running a deficit).

I like the proposals they made, but they focused too much on SS and not enough on Medicare.  Medicare is the real driving force behind future deficits.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2966 on: November 10, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Are you serious, W?

QuoteThe venue was the Oval Office. A group of British dignitaries, including Gordon Brown, were paying a visit. It was at the height of the 2008 presidential election campaign, not long after Bush publicly endorsed John McCain as his successor.

Naturally the election came up in conversation. Trying to be even-handed and polite, the Brits said something diplomatic about McCain's campaign, expecting Bush to express some warm words of support for the Republican candidate.

Not a chance. "I probably won't even vote for the guy," Bush told the group, according to two people present."I had to endorse him. But I'd have endorsed Obama if they'd asked me."

http://blogs.ft.com/westminster/2010/11/bush-i-probably-wont-even-vote-for-mccain/

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2967 on: November 10, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 10, 2010, 03:10:11 PM

[color=green]I mean there's so many savings we can get from something that is like 1/4th of the overall budget picture.

We should shut down the whole government, sans military, and then we'd really save money[/color] (while still running a deficit).

I like the proposals they made, but they focused too much on SS and not enough on Medicare.  Medicare is the real driving force behind future deficits.

Therefore, it shouldn't be done.  Got it.

On the other hand, I will agree with you about Medicare.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2968 on: November 10, 2010, 04:43:34 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 10, 2010, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 10, 2010, 03:10:11 PM

[color=green]I mean there's so many savings we can get from something that is like 1/4th of the overall budget picture.

We should shut down the whole government, sans military, and then we'd really save money[/color] (while still running a deficit).

Therefore, it shouldn't be done.  Got it.

On the other hand, I will agree with you about Medicare.

No, something should be done about it, but the debate doesn't begin and end with nondefense discretionary spending.

Also, did you catch how the bill advocates for a public option for the health care bill?  They threw a ton of red meat to conservatives, but included that.  Fascinating.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2969 on: November 10, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 10, 2010, 04:25:37 PM
Are you serious, W?

QuoteThe venue was the Oval Office. A group of British dignitaries, including Gordon Brown, were paying a visit. It was at the height of the 2008 presidential election campaign, not long after Bush publicly endorsed John McCain as his successor.

Naturally the election came up in conversation. Trying to be even-handed and polite, the Brits said something diplomatic about McCain's campaign, expecting Bush to express some warm words of support for the Republican candidate.

Not a chance. "I probably won't even vote for the guy," Bush told the group, according to two people present."I had to endorse him. But I'd have endorsed Obama if they'd asked me."

http://blogs.ft.com/westminster/2010/11/bush-i-probably-wont-even-vote-for-mccain/

I'm sorry but that rules.