News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,817 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3150 on: December 27, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 27, 2010, 08:46:14 AM
Quote from: Brownie on December 27, 2010, 08:43:49 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 26, 2010, 11:39:07 PM
Quote from: Oleg on December 23, 2010, 09:21:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 23, 2010, 09:11:56 AM
Quote from: Oleg on December 23, 2010, 08:53:55 AM
Quote from: morpheus on December 23, 2010, 08:39:32 AM
Quote from: Oleg on December 23, 2010, 08:02:01 AM
I...ummm...I have no idea what to think about this.

I think Oleg's mind just exploded.  Literally.

I mean, William Buckley was one thing, I get that...Libertarianism and all that shit.  But the Religious Right?  Mind: Literally Blown.

Oh how I wish he was around to bitchsmack the Tea Party.

See?  You and I aren't so different after all.
The right needs him now more than it ever needed him in the '50s. The National Review has been absolute horseshit since he lost his fastball in the 90s anyway.

That's a common canard out there, that Buckley was this moderating voice of conservatism that even liberals could find reasonable. I'm a Buckley disciple, but let's not kid ourselves that he'd whip the "tea party" (an unorganized mess of people who are populists that trend right) into shape any more than Jim Edgar would "whip" the Illinois GOP into shape.

Buckley said some outrageous, controversial things, sometimes simply to be provocative, other times because he was an arch-conservative.

I wouldn't consider him a moderating voice of conservatism at all. Simply an actual, articulate, intelligent conservative who understood and defined the difference between conservatism and the reactionism that is the right in its present condition. Perhaps he wouldn't get the Tea Party in line, but I'd sure like to see him try/watches Buckley threaten to sock Vidal in the face, cries.

Interesting.  I always thought of him as a smug, smarmy, show-off.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3151 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 27, 2010, 09:34:04 AM

I mean, William Buckley was one thing, I get that...Libertarianism and all that shit.  But the Religious Right?  Mind: Literally Blown.

The right needs him now more than it ever needed him in the '50s. The National Review has been absolute horseshit since he lost his fastball in the 90s anyway.

That's a common canard out there, that Buckley was this moderating voice of conservatism that even liberals could find reasonable. I'm a Buckley disciple, but let's not kid ourselves that he'd whip the "tea party" (an unorganized mess of people who are populists that trend right) into shape any more than Jim Edgar would "whip" the Illinois GOP into shape.

Buckley said some outrageous, controversial things, sometimes simply to be provocative, other times because he was an arch-conservative.

I wouldn't consider him a moderating voice of conservatism at all. Simply an actual, articulate, intelligent conservative who understood and defined the difference between conservatism and the reactionism that is the right in its present condition. Perhaps he wouldn't get the Tea Party in line, but I'd sure like to see him try/watches Buckley threaten to sock Vidal in the face, cries.

You need to more specific when both Buckley and Vidal are mentioned in the same post.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3152 on: December 27, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 27, 2010, 09:36:58 AM

You need to more specific when both Buckley and Vidal are mentioned in the same post.

"Now listen, you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I will sock you in your goddamn face, and you will stay plastered."
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3153 on: December 27, 2010, 09:39:03 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 27, 2010, 09:38:16 AM

Interesting.  I always thought of him as a smug, smarmy, show-off.

"Now listen, you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I will sock you in your goddamn face, and you will stay plastered."

Good.  Now please recite his fightin' words with Oleg's hero--Noam Chomsky.  

Thrilledit:  Apparently, Vidal was the only one Buckley seriously threatened to punch, referring to that event while interviewing Chomsky as a joke.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3154 on: December 27, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 27, 2010, 09:38:16 AM

That ain't the way I remember it.   Even though I just watched the tape, I remembered  Buckley threatening to scratch  Vidal's eyes out and then Vidal hit him with his purse.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3155 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:53 AM »
Fun with foreclosures. Fuck Bank of America in the eye with an icicle from Die Hard 2.

QuoteIn one of the more bizarre foreclosure cases, Bank of America is threatening to throw a West Hartford family out of their home even though the couple never missed a mortgage payment.

The largest bank in the United States earlier this month notified Shock Baitch and his wife Lisa (Friedman) Baitch that foreclosure action will start today – Christmas eve – unless the couple agrees to put their home up for a forced sale.

Why? Because another unit of Bank of America erroneously reported to credit agencies that the family was seeking a loan modification, ruining their credit rating and as the result putting their mortgage into default.

All this is happening even though the bank – after admitting it erred and sent a letter of apology in September – handed this case to a special unit at Bank of America that is charged with dealing with severe customer issues. It promised to notify the credit reporting agencies that the couple were not deadbeats, but were good credit risks.

QuotePost bailout, the giant banks have become too large to manage themselves. It is not just housing sh%$ holes like South Florida where the banks are paperwork disasters, but apparently states such as Connecticut, also.

How else can BoA threaten foreclosure proceeding with on a house that never missed a mortgage payment; indeed, the owners were NEVER late on any mortgage payments! There was never a risk of default, or delinquency. And yet, BoA is automatically generating foreclosure notices (which no one at BOA can figure out how or why).

The obvious answer is the illegal processing of foreclosures. When lawyers, bank executives and there outside contractors are paid to violate the law, the local State Attorney General needs to prosecute these felons. Where Lawyers perjure themselves, swearing they have verified, reviewed and confirmed foreclosure files they never so much have looked at, they need to be disbarred.

Its called the rule of law, and its long past time we actually enforced it.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3156 on: December 29, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 29, 2010, 08:40:53 AM
Fun with foreclosures. Fuck Bank of America in the eye with an icicle from Die Hard 2.

QuoteIn one of the more bizarre foreclosure cases, Bank of America is threatening to throw a West Hartford family out of their home even though the couple never missed a mortgage payment.

The largest bank in the United States earlier this month notified Shock Baitch and his wife Lisa (Friedman) Baitch that foreclosure action will start today – Christmas eve – unless the couple agrees to put their home up for a forced sale.

Why? Because another unit of Bank of America erroneously reported to credit agencies that the family was seeking a loan modification, ruining their credit rating and as the result putting their mortgage into default.

All this is happening even though the bank – after admitting it erred and sent a letter of apology in September – handed this case to a special unit at Bank of America that is charged with dealing with severe customer issues. It promised to notify the credit reporting agencies that the couple were not deadbeats, but were good credit risks.

QuotePost bailout, the giant banks have become too large to manage themselves. It is not just housing sh%$ holes like South Florida where the banks are paperwork disasters, but apparently states such as Connecticut, also.

How else can BoA threaten foreclosure proceeding with on a house that never missed a mortgage payment; indeed, the owners were NEVER late on any mortgage payments! There was never a risk of default, or delinquency. And yet, BoA is automatically generating foreclosure notices (which no one at BOA can figure out how or why).

The obvious answer is the illegal processing of foreclosures. When lawyers, bank executives and there outside contractors are paid to violate the law, the local State Attorney General needs to prosecute these felons. Where Lawyers perjure themselves, swearing they have verified, reviewed and confirmed foreclosure files they never so much have looked at, they need to be disbarred.

And he thought he was in shock before.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3157 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 29, 2010, 08:48:39 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 29, 2010, 08:40:53 AM

And he thought he was in shock before.

Intrepid Reader: Chuck-to-Chuck

Consider that stolen.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3158 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_on_re/us_rel_apocalypse_soon Thank God. I accomplished my goal of not being a virgin when the world ended.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3159 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 03, 2011, 08:20:10 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_on_re/us_rel_apocalypse_soon Thank God. I accomplished my goal of not being a virgin when the world ended.

I'd be happy to expedite these people's departures, if they'd like.

Also, when they're proven wrong (which they are), they should be willing to put their money where their mouths are; it would save precious air (and helium).
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3160 on: January 03, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
I thought only unionized, Taxolib Homocrat states like Illinois, New York, and California were deep in debt.

Guess I was wrong: http://www.businessinsider.com/texas-state-budget-crisis-2011-1

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3161 on: January 03, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 03, 2011, 02:44:26 PM
I thought only unionized, Taxolib Homocrat states like Illinois, New York, and California were deep in debt.

Guess I was wrong: http://www.businessinsider.com/texas-state-budget-crisis-2011-1

No, you weren't wrong.

http://www.brb.state.tx.us/bfo/summaries/10/state2010sum.aspx

There's a difference between the words "debt" and "deficit."  For perspective, California has $78B in GO bonds outstanding.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/07/ca-debt-triples-under-sch_n_754189.html

That's why Texas retains a AAA rating, while California is, I believe, A-.  While it's never good to run deficits for long periods, because that is of course how debt is built up, there's no "crisis" imminent there like there is in CA, IL, and NY, where there are deficits *and* high levels of outstanding debt.  These states also have shrinking tax bases due to their higher overall tax rates (esp. CA), making it harder to raise revenues.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3162 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 03, 2011, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 03, 2011, 02:44:26 PM

No, you weren't wrong.

http://www.brb.state.tx.us/bfo/summaries/10/state2010sum.aspx

There's a difference between the words "debt" and "deficit."  For perspective, California has $78B in GO bonds outstanding.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/07/ca-debt-triples-under-sch_n_754189.html

That's why Texas retains a AAA rating, while California is, I believe, A-.  While it's never good to run deficits for long periods, because that is of course how debt is built up, there's no "crisis" imminent there like there is in CA, IL, and NY, where there are deficits *and* high levels of outstanding debt.  These states also have shrinking tax bases due to their higher overall tax rates (esp. CA), making it harder to raise revenues.

Stand corrected on the diction.  Also, HuffPo, seriously?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3163 on: January 03, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »
On the other hand, there is no law in California requiring us to carry a loaded weapon at all times.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3164 on: January 05, 2011, 05:39:37 PM »
One of the first acts of this new, fiscally-conservative GOP House is to make deficit spending easier: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-05/house-republicans-to-weaken-anti-deficit-rules-to-ease-tax-cut-approvals.html

Way to go, Team Red!