News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,864 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3210 on: January 08, 2011, 01:40:10 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 08, 2011, 01:34:56 PM
Second amendment remedies, I guess: http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Way to go, Arizona!

You're right. every single Republican in the country is a deranged, psychotic murderer. We're just waiting until Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck says whatever code word will activate our hate programming to go assassinate a politician that we disagree with.

You've got us all figured out.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3211 on: January 08, 2011, 01:46:46 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 08, 2011, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 08, 2011, 01:34:56 PM
Second amendment remedies, I guess: http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Way to go, Arizona!

You're right. every single Republican in the country is a deranged, psychotic murderer. We're just waiting until Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck says whatever code word will activate our hate programming to go assassinate a politician that we disagree with.

You've got us all figured out.

Good then. Moving along.

First question: When did I actually say any of that?  I was using this as my one last chance to reference Sharron Angle. And to mock Arizona. Both good things.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3212 on: January 08, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
Sources tell MSNBC that a semiautomatic weapon was used in the shooting.

Not that the "15 to 20 shots" part could have led one to this conclusion. Thanks, HuffPo.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3213 on: January 08, 2011, 02:20:19 PM »
Some asshole took something out of context and killed some decent people today. It's no one's fault but his. Blaming an entire political party is the same as blaming Beavis and Butthead for someone's trailer getting set on fire.

The person who did this is a piece of shit. It pretty much ends there.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3214 on: January 08, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 08, 2011, 02:20:19 PM
Some asshole took something out of context and killed some decent people today. It's no one's fault but his. Blaming an entire political party is the same as blaming Beavis and Butthead for someone's trailer getting set on fire.

Agreed, but is there an argument to be made for causality?  Would this person not have done this act but for taking something out of context?  Serious question.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3215 on: January 08, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 08, 2011, 02:26:47 PM

Agreed, but is there an argument to be made for causality?  Would this person not have done this act but for taking something out of context?  Serious question.

No. Probably. Stop it.

Can't we all just agree to agree that Arizona and everything in it sucks?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3216 on: January 08, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 08, 2011, 02:30:20 PM

No. Probably. Stop it.

Agreed.  Also, apparently all the news sources are reporting that this Congresswoman is not dead, at the present time.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3217 on: January 08, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 08, 2011, 02:34:17 PM

No. Probably. Stop it.

Agreed.  Also, apparently all the news sources are reporting that this Congresswoman is not dead, at the present time.

Arizona seemed pretty normal to me until Pen started posting here. Since then it's really turned to shit.

My thoughts on "does violent rhetoric cause violence":

1. No. Maybe in 0.00001% of cases.
2. It's amazing to me that some get more butthurt over the very SUGGESTION that rhetoric could maybe in very rare cases incite violence, than over the rhetoric itself.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3218 on: January 08, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »

Dumb questions.  Who knows what set this person off.

Better question: When will politicians stop with the gun imagery in relation to their opponents?  While we all want our guy to win, can't we start to at least begin the process of winding down the hyperbole?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3219 on: January 08, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 08, 2011, 02:45:00 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 08, 2011, 02:34:17 PM

Agreed, but is there an argument to be made for causality?  Would this person not have done this act but for taking something out of context?  Serious question.

No. Probably. Stop it.

Agreed.  Also, apparently all the news sources are reporting that this Congresswoman is not dead, at the present time.

Arizona seemed pretty normal to me until Pen started posting here. Since then it's really turned to shit.

My thoughts on "does violent rhetoric cause violence":

1. No. Maybe in 0.00001% of cases.
2. It's amazing to me that some get more butthurt over the very SUGGESTION that rhetoric could maybe in very rare cases incite violence, than over the rhetoric itself.

Sometimes we need to be hit over the head by someone's motivation until it sinks in.

Again, for the record, I didn't say that Angle's douchetastic rhetoric or Palin's posting of crosshairs over this Congresswoman's district directly caused this; I just re-referenced Angle's quote.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3220 on: January 08, 2011, 02:52:21 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 08, 2011, 02:45:36 PM

Dumb questions.  Who knows what set this person off.

Better question: When will politicians stop with the gun imagery in relation to their opponents?  While we all want our guy to win, can't we start to at least begin the process of winding down the hyperbole?

Yes, asking about motive is a dumb question.  Good thing the criminal justice system isn't predicated upon such a showing.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3222 on: January 08, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »

There is - but I think we can make it after we find out if this woman is going to be alright or actually hear from the person that did this.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3223 on: January 08, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 08, 2011, 03:10:46 PM
Something tells me this is going to have more than 310 views in short order.

QuoteThe majority of people, who reside in District-8, are illiterate—hilarious. I don't control your English grammar structure, but you control your English grammar structure.

What a dipshit.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #3224 on: January 08, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 08, 2011, 03:52:27 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on January 08, 2011, 03:10:46 PM
Something tells me this is going to have more than 310 views in short order.

QuoteThe majority of people, who reside in District-8, are illiterate—hilarious. I don't control your English grammar structure, but you control your English grammar structure.

What a dipshit.

What a Paul.