News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,836 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3240 on: January 09, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on January 09, 2011, 09:31:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 08, 2011, 10:49:46 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 08, 2011, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 08, 2011, 08:59:39 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 08, 2011, 08:56:09 PM
Holy shit, that guy has problems. I feel horrible for all of those victims. I'm sure their families will be picked at by vultures of every kind - media, pols, local Pauls, everybody. To me this is all about mental illness. Hopefully, once we find out what this dude's health issues are, we can learn to recognize and help people suffering similarly so that others don't get hurt.

Fuck.

I agree 100%. Especially with the bolded.

Thirded. 

Count me in.

Is there still room left on the Crazymobile for me?

Not sure, looks like there's already a whole hell of a lot of crazy on board. 

Going to need to upgrade to a van.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3241 on: January 09, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on January 09, 2011, 09:31:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 08, 2011, 10:49:46 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 08, 2011, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 08, 2011, 08:59:39 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 08, 2011, 08:56:09 PM
Holy shit, that guy has problems. I feel horrible for all of those victims. I'm sure their families will be picked at by vultures of every kind - media, pols, local Pauls, everybody. To me this is all about mental illness. Hopefully, once we find out what this dude's health issues are, we can learn to recognize and help people suffering similarly so that others don't get hurt.

Fuck.

I agree 100%. Especially with the bolded.

Thirded. 

Count me in.

Is there still room left on the Crazymobile for me?

Sorry - I already got in there.
M'lady.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3242 on: January 10, 2011, 05:33:56 AM »
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time. Bill Sparkman, Amy Bishop, The Fort Hood Shooter, The IRS Plane Crasher, The Cabbie Stabbing, and The Pentagon Shooter.

Hey look people get killed, its Talk Radio's fault! Or its Sarah Palin! Nice little pattern the media has. The Arizona shooting.....the media jumps right into blaming conservatives, how fucking sad to promote your propaganda on tragedies such as this.

QuoteTo be clear, if you're using this event to criticize the "rhetoric" of Mrs. Palin or others with whom you disagree, then you're either: (a) asserting a connection between the "rhetoric" and the shooting, which based on evidence to date would be what we call a vicious lie; or (b) you're not, in which case you're just seizing on a tragedy to try to score unrelated political points, which is contemptible. Which is it?

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3243 on: January 10, 2011, 05:59:57 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on January 10, 2011, 05:33:56 AM
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time. Bill Sparkman, Amy Bishop, The Fort Hood Shooter, The IRS Plane Crasher, The Cabbie Stabbing, and The Pentagon Shooter.

Hey look people get killed, its Talk Radio's fault! Or its Sarah Palin! Nice little pattern the media has. The Arizona shooting.....the media jumps right into blaming conservatives, how fucking sad to promote your propaganda on tragedies such as this.

QuoteTo be clear, if you're using this event to criticize the "rhetoric" of Mrs. Palin or others with whom you disagree, then you're either: (a) asserting a connection between the "rhetoric" and the shooting, which based on evidence to date would be what we call a vicious lie; or (b) you're not, in which case you're just seizing on a tragedy to try to score unrelated political points, which is contemptible. Which is it?

So you're saying that, politically, you think the guy is probably a liberal?

It seems to me that everybody here is inclined to believe that the dude did what he did because he's fucking insane. 
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3244 on: January 10, 2011, 08:13:39 AM »

You truly are a shameless idiot.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3245 on: January 10, 2011, 08:24:25 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 10, 2011, 05:59:57 AM

It seems to me that everybody here is inclined to believe that the dude did what he did because he's fucking insane. 

Was that what the last ten posts were about? Good of Mike to read them before posting. As always.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3246 on: January 10, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 10, 2011, 08:24:25 AM

Was that what the last ten posts were about? Good of Mike to read them before posting. As always.

Do we know if he can read?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3247 on: January 10, 2011, 08:43:22 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on January 10, 2011, 05:33:56 AM...how fucking sad to promote your propaganda on tragedies such as this.

How fucking sad, indeed.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3248 on: January 10, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 10, 2011, 08:29:50 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 10, 2011, 08:24:25 AM

Do we know if he can read?

I think the point is, you libs need to get your media lapdogs in line, stat.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3249 on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 10, 2011, 08:43:22 AM
Quote from: MikeC on January 10, 2011, 05:33:56 AM...how fucking sad to promote your propaganda on tragedies such as this.

How fucking sad, indeed.

THI
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3250 on: January 10, 2011, 09:26:18 AM »

Choke on a cock.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3251 on: January 10, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time.

Each and EVERY time?  Mike, I expect better of you than to speak in such absolutes.

Hehe.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3252 on: January 10, 2011, 09:35:49 AM »
Sounds like a really disturbed kid.

QuoteTierney, who's also 22, recalls Loughner complaining about a Giffords event he attended during that period. He's unsure whether it was the same one mentioned in the charges—Loughner "might have gone to some other rallies," he says—but Tierney notes it was a significant moment for Loughner: "He told me that she opened up the floor for questions and he asked a question. The question was, 'What is government if words have no meaning?'"

Giffords' answer, whatever it was, didn't satisfy Loughner. "He said, 'Can you believe it, they wouldn't answer my question,' and I told him, 'Dude, no one's going to answer that,'" Tierney recalls. "Ever since that, he thought she was fake, he had something against her."

QuoteIn college, Loughner became increasingly intrigued with "lucid dreaming," and he grew convinced that he could control his dreams, according to Tierney. In a series of rambling videos posted to his YouTube page, dreams are a frequent topic. In a video posted on December 15, Loughner writes, "My favorite activity is conscience dreaming: the greatest inspiration for my political business information. Some of you don't dream—sadly." In another video, he writes, "The population of dreamers in the United States of America is less than 5%!" Later in the same video he says,  "I'm a sleepwalker—who turns off the alarm clock."

Loughner believed that dreams could be a sort of alternative, Matrix-style reality, and "that when you realize you're dreaming, you can do anything, you can create anything," Tierney says. Loughner started his "dream journal" in an attempt to take more control of his dreams, his friend notes, and he kept this journal for over a year.

QuoteAfter Loughner apparently gave up drugs and booze, "his theories got worse," Tierney says. "After he quit, he was just off the wall." And Loughner started to drift away from his group of friends about a year ago. By early 2010, dreaming had become Loughner's "waking life, his reality," Tierney says. "He sort of drifted off, didn't really care about hanging out with friends. He'd be sleeping a lot." Loughner's alternate reality was attractive, Tierney says. "He figured out he could fly." Loughner, according to Tierney, told his friends, "I'm so into it because I can create things and fly. I'm everything I'm not in this world."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3253 on: January 10, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 10, 2011, 09:31:51 AM
I just find it sad that every time there is an act of violence the media has to jump in and blame Right Wing Extremists only to be proven wrong each and every time.

Each and EVERY time?  Mike, I expect better of you than to speak in such absolutes.
Hehe.

Intrepid Reader: SKO: "Is he a Sith?"
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3254 on: January 10, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 10, 2011, 09:35:49 AM
Sounds like a really disturbed kid.

Sounds like a kid who watched Waking Life while he was high and never really snapped out of it.