News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,808 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3285 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 11, 2011, 09:44:50 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 11, 2011, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: morpheus on January 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM

I don't disagree with your overall point, but that's a map with targets placed on entire states.  Palin's map had targets placed on specific names of people.  There's at least *some* level of distinction there.

But yes, either way, a normal person shouldn't go politic-shoot anyone ever for any reason, no matter what anyone else says, etc., etc.

Well, there's this from the DCCC

And each of those was linked to a "targeted Republican".

This map is intended to get partisan Democrats (like Gil) to engage in a very specific kind of behavior.  It's designed to get them to make donations to the DCCC.

The word "target" has two different meanings and people will use the other meaning.

A "climate of hate" did not shoot people in Tuscon.  One deranged nutcase did.

I thought this was just a map showing where all the Target locations were.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3286 on: January 11, 2011, 10:44:39 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 11, 2011, 10:39:55 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 11, 2011, 09:44:50 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 11, 2011, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: morpheus on January 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM

I don't disagree with your overall point, but that's a map with targets placed on entire states.  Palin's map had targets placed on specific names of people.  There's at least *some* level of distinction there.

But yes, either way, a normal person shouldn't go politic-shoot anyone ever for any reason, no matter what anyone else says, etc., etc.

Well, there's this from the DCCC

And each of those was linked to a "targeted Republican".

This map is intended to get partisan Democrats (like Gil) to engage in a very specific kind of behavior.  It's designed to get them to make donations to the DCCC.

The word "target" has two different meanings and people will use the other meaning.

A "climate of hate" did not shoot people in Tuscon.  One deranged nutcase did.

I thought this was just a map showing where all the Target locations were.

I do my shopping elsewhere, so I didn't make the connection.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3287 on: January 11, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 11, 2011, 06:33:40 AM
The conversation should be focuses on how we live in a country that allowed this guy to buy a gun legally.

Or in a country that allows people -- crazy or not -- to buy guns that can fire 30 rounds in a few seconds.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3288 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 11, 2011, 10:46:03 AM
The conversation should be focuses on how we live in a country that allowed this guy to buy a gun legally.

Or in a country that allows people -- crazy or not -- to buy guns that can fire 30 rounds in a few seconds.

Whither our second amendment right to assassinate Congressmen?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3289 on: January 11, 2011, 10:51:28 AM »
QuoteIf words have no meaning, then what is government?

The failure of Gabrielle Giffords to answer this non-sensical question appears to be what drove Jared Loughner to kill. Sarah Palin posting a map with crosshairs on it was unfortunate, just as a Chicago Tribune editorial on a proposed law regulating the volume of television ads that included a wish to "silence Billy Mays" was unfortunate as it ran the day before Mays died.

Back in 1996, it was fairly commonplace for Democrats to hold events for Congressional candidates running against Republicans to hold a "Contract on Phil Crane" or a "Contract on John Hostetler" or a "Contract on Newt Gingrich."  Contract as in mob contract. Very clever, eh?

Kos himself wrote that because Giffords supported some policy of Bush's in June 2008, she should consider herself wearing a "bullseye on her back" come the 2010 primary. Some other unhinged Kos writer wrote last week that Giffords was "dead to me" because she cast a symbolic vote for Heath Shuler for Minority Leader.

Want some other dandies over the years?

QuoteNot me, I think he ought to be worried about what's going on in the Good Lord's mind, because if there is retributive justice, he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."
-- National Public Radio and ABC News reporter Nina Totenberg reacting to Senator Jesse Helms' claim that the government spends too much on AIDS research, July 8, 1995 Inside Washington.

Quote"The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that's how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."
-- USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux on Justice Clarence Thomas, November 4, 1994 PBS To the Contrary.

QuoteMany families have been devastated tonight. This is just not right. They did not deserve to die. ... If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him. Boston, New York, D.C., and the planes' destination of California — these were the places that voted AGAINST Bush. -- Michael Moore

How about the movie Taxi Driver, which inspired John Hinckley to attempt assassinating Ronald Reagan (which hardly slowed down left wingers with mics.

We can go on and on, but he fact remains we cannot understand what motivates crazy people.

R-V's link suggesting that left-wingers are completely non-violent unable to be incited to violence quite conveniently leaves out the Unabomber and the Discovery Channel Hostage Taker (motivated by stricter environmental control), the Symbionese Liberation Army, and the Weather Underground.

Considering that many of us participate in a Dead Pool in which many picks are of people we aren't shy in expressing our distaste for, maybe those who haven't (and many have) should just chill out.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3290 on: January 11, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 11, 2011, 10:51:28 AM

The failure of Gabrielle Giffords to answer this non-sensical question appears to be what drove Jared Loughner to kill. Sarah Palin posting a map with crosshairs on it was unfortunate, just as a Chicago Tribune editorial on a proposed law regulating the volume of television ads that included a wish to "silence Billy Mays" was unfortunate as it ran the day before Mays died.

Back in 1996, it was fairly commonplace for Democrats to hold events for Congressional candidates running against Republicans to hold a "Contract on Phil Crane" or a "Contract on John Hostetler" or a "Contract on Newt Gingrich."  Contract as in mob contract. Very clever, eh?

Kos himself wrote that because Giffords supported some policy of Bush's in June 2008, she should consider herself wearing a "bullseye on her back" come the 2010 primary. Some other unhinged Kos writer wrote last week that Giffords was "dead to me" because she cast a symbolic vote for Heath Shuler for Minority Leader.

QuoteNot me, I think he ought to be worried about what's going on in the Good Lord's mind, because if there is retributive justice, he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it."
-- National Public Radio and ABC News reporter Nina Totenberg reacting to Senator Jesse Helms' claim that the government spends too much on AIDS research, July 8, 1995 Inside Washington.

Quote"The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that's how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."
-- USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux on Justice Clarence Thomas, November 4, 1994 PBS To the Contrary.

QuoteMany families have been devastated tonight. This is just not right. They did not deserve to die. ... If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him. Boston, New York, D.C., and the planes' destination of California — these were the places that voted AGAINST Bush. -- Michael Moore

How about the movie Taxi Driver, which inspired John Hinckley to attempt assassinating Ronald Reagan (which hardly slowed down left wingers with mics.

We can go on and on, but he fact remains we cannot understand what motivates crazy people.

R-V's link suggesting that left-wingers are completely non-violent unable to be incited to violence quite conveniently leaves out the Unabomber and the Discovery Channel Hostage Taker (motivated by stricter environmental control), the Symbionese Liberation Army, and the Weather Underground.

Considering that many of us participate in a Dead Pool in which many picks are of people we aren't shy in expressing our distaste for, maybe those who haven't (and many have) should just chill out.

You're not guilting me into taking Tdubbs off my board.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3291 on: January 11, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 11, 2011, 10:58:23 AM

You're not guilting me into taking Tdubbs off my board.

The SL and the SSL are never going away.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3292 on: January 11, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »

I'm going to go ahead and concede this argument to TJ. Mostly because the above quote is one of the most hilariously racist quotes I've ever seen. Although I'm not sure what Malveaux was trying to persuade her listeners to do - force feed scrambled eggs to Clarence?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3293 on: January 11, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 11, 2011, 11:05:47 AM

I'm going to go ahead and concede this argument to TJ. Mostly because the above quote is one of the most hilariously racist quotes I've ever seen. Although I'm not sure what Malveaux was trying to persuade her listeners to do - force feed scrambled eggs to Clarence?

Also not sure how someone hoping for divine retribution is the same as someone hoping for human retribution (the Tottenberg quote).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3294 on: January 11, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 11, 2011, 11:13:26 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 11, 2011, 11:05:47 AM

Also not sure how someone hoping for divine retribution is the same as someone hoping for human retribution (the Tottenberg quote).

based on the molested
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3295 on: January 11, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 11, 2011, 10:49:23 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 11, 2011, 10:46:03 AM

Whither our second amendment right to assassinate Congressmen?

Silly me. I always forget about that part.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3296 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »

Well done.

THESE ARE THE SAYINGS AND DEMANDS OF LEE!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3297 on: January 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
So, we've established that all sides in this are pretty shitty.  All have people who say heinous things.  But, we've also got a Constitution that protects their right to do so. 
And it's certainly not something that should be fucked around with just because we don't like the rhetoric of the lowest common denominator.  Their speech is protected, just like yours and mine.

I think the thing to remember is, there's very little that's new about this.  Ever since politicians have appeared in public, crazy people have been trying to kill them.  And this guy was crazy.  Saying that taking a more civil tone in the political forum would have prevented this from happening is like saying that if the city of New York had just banned talking dogs, David Berkowitz never would have shot anyone.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3298 on: January 11, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM
So, we've established that all sides in this are pretty shitty.  All have people who say heinous things.  But, we've also got a Constitution that protects their right to do so. 
And it's certainly not something that should be fucked around with just because we don't like the rhetoric of the lowest common denominator.  Their speech is protected, just like yours and mine.

I think the thing to remember is, there's very little that's new about this.  Ever since politicians have appeared in public, crazy people have been trying to kill them.  And this guy was crazy.  Saying that taking a more civil tone in the political forum would have prevented this from happening is like saying that if the city of New York had just banned talking dogs, David Berkowitz never would have shot anyone.

A big old ball of THI
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3299 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM

First they came for my neighbor's talking dog...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs