News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,819 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3300 on: January 11, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM
So, we've established that all sides in this are pretty shitty.  All have people who say heinous things.  But, we've also got a Constitution that protects their right to do so. 
And it's certainly not something that should be fucked around with just because we don't like the rhetoric of the lowest common denominator.  Their speech is protected, just like yours and mine.

I think the thing to remember is, there's very little that's new about this.  Ever since politicians have appeared in public, crazy people have been trying to kill them.  And this guy was crazy.  Saying that taking a more civil tone in the political forum would have prevented this from happening is like saying that if the city of New York had just banned talking dogs, David Davey Berkowitz never would have shot anyone.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3301 on: January 11, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
So, we've established that all sides in this are pretty shitty.  All have people who say heinous things.  But, we've also got a Constitution that protects their right to do so. 
And it's certainly not something that should be fucked around with just because we don't like the rhetoric of the lowest common denominator.  Their speech is protected, just like yours and mine.

I think the thing to remember is, there's very little that's new about this.  Ever since politicians have appeared in public, crazy people have been trying to kill them.  And this guy was crazy.  Saying that taking a more civil tone in the political forum would have prevented this from happening is like saying that if the city of New York had just banned talking dogs, David Berkowitz never would have shot anyone.

I hope Jon Bon Jovi sees this and writes a song in your memory.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3302 on: January 11, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 11, 2011, 01:07:56 PM

I think the thing to remember is, there's very little that's new about this.  Ever since politicians have appeared in public, crazy people have been trying to kill them.  And this guy was crazy.  Saying that taking a more civil tone in the political forum would have prevented this from happening is like saying that if the city of New York had just banned talking dogs, David Berkowitz never would have shot anyone.

I hope Jon Bon Jovi sees this and writes a song in your memory.

And I hope his tour stops in Brolumbus so you can hear him sing it live.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3303 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »

Julius Caesar approves this comment.  He also advises to stay out of the forum if you know what is good for you.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3304 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:09 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2011, 09:09:36 AM
Of course, the Dems are guilty, in that phrases like "Targeting strategy" and the like are never used in, say, marketing or advertising.

And the Democratic candidates for office were full of "Second Amendment Solutions" and "Don't retreat-RELOAD".

Are they saints? Of course not. Politics is shitty business.

That being said, there may (hopefully) be 2 positives to come out of all this:

1) Sarah Palin becomes so politically toxic that she is no longer a factor on the National stage, and

2) People in both parties understand that, like it or not, you better make sure somebody is fully vetted before you put them on Camera 1.

You pretty much nail the entire purpose of the Democratic strategy to stop Sarah Palin or anyone else that dares to defy Democrats. Say as much crazy, made up up crap, that is never supported by facts in an attempt to make them toxic.

Your positive is to associate something that has nothing to do with Palin in the hopes it makes her more toxic.

Really it just prove my entire point about this non-sense about associating it with Palin. It doesn't really matter whether its true or not as long as the end goal is the destruction of Palin. Thats the positive you get out of it? Holy fuck that is a warped reality. I bet Dan Rather used that same logic loop when he ran his last story for CBS Nightly News.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3305 on: January 11, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on January 11, 2011, 02:25:09 PM
I bet Dan Rather used that same logic loop when he ran his last story for CBS Nightly News.

This seems topical enough.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3306 on: January 11, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 11, 2011, 02:37:50 PM
I bet Dan Rather used that same logic loop when he ran his last story for CBS Nightly News.

This seems topical enough.

Seems like we're making progress though. MikeC actually read someone else's post.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3307 on: January 11, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
non-sense?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3308 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2011, 09:09:36 AM
Of course, the Dems are guilty, in that phrases like "Targeting strategy" and the like are never used in, say, marketing or advertising.

And the Democratic candidates for office were full of "Second Amendment Solutions" and "Don't retreat-RELOAD".

Are they saints? Of course not. Politics is shitty business.

That being said, there may (hopefully) be 2 positives to come out of all this:

1) Sarah Palin becomes so politically toxic that she is no longer a factor on the National stage, and

2) People in both parties understand that, like it or not, you better make sure somebody is fully vetted before you put them on Camera 1.

You pretty much nail the entire purpose of the Democratic strategy to stop Sarah Palin or anyone else that dares to defy Democrats. Say as much crazy, made up up crap, that is never supported by facts in an attempt to make them toxic.

Your positive is to associate something that has nothing to do with Palin in the hopes it makes her more toxic.

Really it just prove my entire point about this non-sense about associating it with Palin. It doesn't really matter whether its true or not as long as the end goal is the destruction of Palin. Thats the positive you get out of it? Holy fuck that is a warped reality. I bet Dan Rather used that same logic loop when he ran his last story for CBS Nightly News.

Hoping Palin exits the political arena isn't my wish as a Democrat, it's my wish as an American. She benefits my party but harms the Nation.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3309 on: January 11, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2011, 07:47:10 AM
Quote from: MikeC on January 11, 2011, 05:19:19 AM
I can point to things 10,000 times as bad as a Palin site with targets, there is about a decade of evidence of all the left wing hate speech, and violent imagery against Bush. Palin has had her fair share thrown at her and her family as well.

since you've paraphrased Michelle Malkin's latest screed here, allow me to rebut.

There are plenty of websites, imagery, etc. with all kinds of hate on them - Nobody is truly President of the United States until he's been caricatured as Hitler - but all Malkin's examples (and, by extention, anything you'd provide) are done by the left-wing version of Birthers.

Not by former Vice Presidential nominees, probably Presidential candidates, or groups funded by the DNC. You are comparing apples to basketballs.

DPD.  Damnit Fork, your insistence on acting like one of these parties is better than the other (hint - it's not) has forced me to post this.  I've tried to stay out of this, mainly because a nutjob's a nutjob and all this bullshit about the rhetoric causing anything is, well, bullshit.

http://www.dlc.org/ndol_ci.cfm?contentid=253055&kaid=127&subid=171

Those look like bullseyes, a "targeting strategy," and "BEHIND ENEMY LINES."  From the DLC.  So stop acting like it's "The right does rhetoric like THIS, the left like THIS."

Also, Oleg's conclusion is perfect.  Well said, indeed.

Holy shit!  The democrats want to assassinate 8 states - and Florida!
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3310 on: January 11, 2011, 03:26:45 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 11, 2011, 03:21:10 PM
I can point to things 10,000 times as bad as a Palin site with targets, there is about a decade of evidence of all the left wing hate speech, and violent imagery against Bush. Palin has had her fair share thrown at her and her family as well.

since you've paraphrased Michelle Malkin's latest screed here, allow me to rebut.

There are plenty of websites, imagery, etc. with all kinds of hate on them - Nobody is truly President of the United States until he's been caricatured as Hitler - but all Malkin's examples (and, by extention, anything you'd provide) are done by the left-wing version of Birthers.

Not by former Vice Presidential nominees, probably Presidential candidates, or groups funded by the DNC. You are comparing apples to basketballs.

DPD.  Damnit Fork, your insistence on acting like one of these parties is better than the other (hint - it's not) has forced me to post this.  I've tried to stay out of this, mainly because a nutjob's a nutjob and all this bullshit about the rhetoric causing anything is, well, bullshit.

Those look like bullseyes, a "targeting strategy," and "BEHIND ENEMY LINES."  From the DLC.  So stop acting like it's "The right does rhetoric like THIS, the left like THIS."

I thought it was a map of Who concerts.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3311 on: January 11, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 11, 2011, 03:26:45 PM

Nonsense, there'd be one on Cincinnati if that were the case.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3312 on: January 11, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2011, 03:28:59 PM

Now that was just inflammatory. I call for Dan Rather to outlaw your speech or something.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3313 on: January 11, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »

You nailed his positive.  Now what about his negative?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3314 on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 11, 2011, 03:30:21 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2011, 03:28:59 PM

Now that was just inflammatory. I call for Dan Rather to outlaw your speech or something.

What's the frequency, indeed.