News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,836 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3315 on: January 11, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 11, 2011, 03:21:10 PM
Quote from: morpheus on January 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 11, 2011, 07:47:10 AM
Quote from: MikeC on January 11, 2011, 05:19:19 AM
I can point to things 10,000 times as bad as a Palin site with targets, there is about a decade of evidence of all the left wing hate speech, and violent imagery against Bush. Palin has had her fair share thrown at her and her family as well.

since you've paraphrased Michelle Malkin's latest screed here, allow me to rebut.

There are plenty of websites, imagery, etc. with all kinds of hate on them - Nobody is truly President of the United States until he's been caricatured as Hitler - but all Malkin's examples (and, by extention, anything you'd provide) are done by the left-wing version of Birthers.

Not by former Vice Presidential nominees, probably Presidential candidates, or groups funded by the DNC. You are comparing apples to basketballs.

DPD.  Damnit Fork, your insistence on acting like one of these parties is better than the other (hint - it's not) has forced me to post this.  I've tried to stay out of this, mainly because a nutjob's a nutjob and all this bullshit about the rhetoric causing anything is, well, bullshit.

http://www.dlc.org/ndol_ci.cfm?contentid=253055&kaid=127&subid=171

Those look like bullseyes, a "targeting strategy," and "BEHIND ENEMY LINES."  From the DLC.  So stop acting like it's "The right does rhetoric like THIS, the left like THIS."

Also, Oleg's conclusion is perfect.  Well said, indeed.

Holy shit!  The democrats want to assassinate 8 states - and Florida!

NOT AMERICA'S WANG!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3316 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:49 PM »
Now...clearly the National sentiment bears a ton of responsibility, but the shit may work.

From teh DNC map, all but AR and MO went Dem in the 2008 election.
From Palin's map, only Giffords and and Rahal (WV-3) won.

Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2011, 12:26:14 PM
Saying that taking a more civil tone in the political forum would have prevented this from happening is like saying that if the city of New York had just banned talking dogs, David Berkowitz never would have shot anyone.

You might be right, CT.  But it couldn't hurt, could it?  Let's just try it.  If you don't like it, we can go back to accusing each other of having out-of-wedlock black babies.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3317 on: January 12, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
Does the memorial service start after the pep rally or did they hold it earlier?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3318 on: January 12, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
That was a pretty good speech, but holding the service in a field house might not have been the best idea.

But on the whole, pretty moving.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3319 on: January 13, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 12, 2011, 08:19:56 PM
That was a pretty good speech, but holding the service in a field house might not have been the best idea.

I thought the actual words were great, but the entire setting seemed a bit too....celebratory?

You cheer like that at a campaign stop, not a memorial.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3320 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 13, 2011, 10:18:52 AM

I thought the actual words were great, but the entire setting seemed a bit too....celebratory?

We all plan on cheering at yours.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3321 on: January 13, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 13, 2011, 10:19:40 AM

What Fork said.

Also, I've seen this complaint in a few places and it's the same stuff we saw after Paul Wellstone's memorial. I don't understand it. Is there something particularly wrong with having something positive/celebratory rather than a somber rending of garments? Who are we to decide how people are allowed react to something awful?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3322 on: January 13, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »

I'm planning on having a table for my internet friends, can you guys all let me know if you're thinking of coming?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3323 on: January 13, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 13, 2011, 10:47:06 AM

What Fork said.

Also, I've seen this complaint in a few places and it's the same stuff we saw after Paul Wellstone's memorial. I don't understand it. Is there something particularly wrong with having something positive/celebratory rather than a somber rending of garments? Who are we to decide how people are allowed react to something awful?

This.  I think Americans like to cheer sometimes.  As I said in the SBox, the whole thing felt very Irish wake-y, which isn't a problem.

That Indian fella at the beginning set the tone.  He was good.

I did not care for the university president's Obama dong chugging during the President's intro.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3324 on: January 13, 2011, 10:59:59 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 13, 2011, 10:58:35 AM

What Fork said.

This.  I think Americans like to cheer sometimes.  As I said in the SBox, the whole thing felt very Irish wake-y, which isn't a problem.

I did not care for the university president's Obama dong chugging during the President's intro.

Can I complain about all the bible readings too?
Less from the President, but more from Napolitano and Holder.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3325 on: January 13, 2011, 11:03:22 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 13, 2011, 10:52:42 AM

I'm planning on having a table for my internet friends, can you guys all let me know if you're thinking of coming?

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3326 on: January 13, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 13, 2011, 10:59:59 AM

What Fork said.

Not enough blood in your motzoh today?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3327 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 13, 2011, 10:59:59 AM

What Fork said.

Pen would have preferred readings from the Pentateuch.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3328 on: January 13, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3329 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.