News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,836 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3330 on: January 13, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 13, 2011, 10:52:42 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 13, 2011, 10:19:40 AM
Quote from: PenPho on January 13, 2011, 10:18:52 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 12, 2011, 08:19:56 PM
That was a pretty good speech, but holding the service in a field house might not have been the best idea.

But on the whole, pretty moving.

I thought the actual words were great, but the entire setting seemed a bit too....celebratory?

You cheer like that at a campaign stop, not a memorial.

We all plan on cheering at yours.

I'm planning on having a table for my internet friends, can you guys all let me know if you're thinking of coming?

If it is going to be in Arizona we had better make sure that our passports are in order.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3331 on: January 13, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »
I don't know where to put this exactly (that's what she said), however, first they let cats poop in human toilets and not they're letting them serve on juries?

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

Come on!!

QuoteA family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

"I said, Sal, what's this? You know, I don't believe it I was shocked," said Guy Esposito, Sal's owner.

Sal's owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under "pets".

Here's the kicker, the owners stated that they informed the court that Sal "couldn't speak English" as a justification for Sal's disqualification.

However...

QuoteAnna filed for Sal's disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal's service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn't cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3332 on: January 13, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 13, 2011, 05:59:39 PM
QuoteSal's owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under "pets".

There seems to be a rather serious problem with the copy desk here.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3333 on: January 15, 2011, 03:46:12 PM »
This is worth a read...

"What we can learn from a nuclear reactor"

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/cea7b256-1def-11e0-badd-00144feab49a.html
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3334 on: January 16, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 13, 2011, 05:59:39 PM
I don't know where to put this exactly (that's what she said), however, first they let cats poop in human toilets and not they're letting them serve on juries?

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

Come on!!

QuoteA family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

"I said, Sal, what's this? You know, I don't believe it I was shocked," said Guy Esposito, Sal's owner.

Sal's owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under "pets".

Here's the kicker, the owners stated that they informed the court that Sal "couldn't speak English" as a justification for Sal's disqualification.

However...

QuoteAnna filed for Sal's disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal's service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn't cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

And now cats with glasses? Come on!

http://daintysquid.blogspot.com/2011/01/cats-in-glasses.html
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3335 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »
The more complete story of the computer worm that attacked Iran's uranium facilities...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/world/middleeast/16stuxnet.html

Spoiler: The U.S. and Israel did it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3336 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:40 PM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3337 on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 17, 2011, 02:20:40 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 17, 2011, 11:46:38 AM
The more complete story of the computer worm that attacked Iran's uranium facilities...

Via Wheezer:

http://blogs.forbes.com/jeffreycarr/2011/01/17/the-new-york-times-fails-to-deliver-stuxnets-creators/

I haven't been following this since last fall, and I recall that Langner's writings often struck me as cocksure, but Carr's China hypothesis and concomitant indignation at being completely ignored aren't coming off as particularly compelling upon a quick review. His "five pieces of verifiable evidence" aren't, really, and the whole thing hinges on this speculation to motive:

QuoteOn April 13, 2010, Beijing reiterated its opposition to Iran's goal to develop nuclear weapons capabilities while stating that sanctions against Iran would be counter-productive. In other words, the PRC wanted to support its third largest supplier of oil (after Saudi Arabia and Angola) while at the same time seeking ways to get Iran to stop its uranium fuel enrichment program. What better way to accomplish that goal than by covertly creating a virus that will sabotage Natanz' centrifuges in a way that simulates mechanical failure while overtly supporting the Iranian government by opposing sanctions pushed by the U.S. It's both simple and elegant. Even if the worm was discovered before it accomplished its mission, who would blame China, Iran's strongest ally, when the most obvious culprits would be Israel and the U.S.?

Sure thing, man. Don't miss the orgonite booth while you're here.

[Before I forget, Natanz in the Speculoverse.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3338 on: January 17, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 17, 2011, 04:23:12 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 17, 2011, 02:20:40 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 17, 2011, 11:46:38 AM

Via Wheezer:

http://blogs.forbes.com/jeffreycarr/2011/01/17/the-new-york-times-fails-to-deliver-stuxnets-creators/

I haven't been following this since last fall, and I recall that Langner's writings often struck me as cocksure, but Carr's China hypothesis and concomitant indignation at being completely ignored aren't coming off as particularly compelling upon a quick review. His "five pieces of verifiable evidence" aren't, really, and the whole thing hinges on this speculation to motive:

QuoteOn April 13, 2010, Beijing reiterated its opposition to Iran's goal to develop nuclear weapons capabilities while stating that sanctions against Iran would be counter-productive. In other words, the PRC wanted to support its third largest supplier of oil (after Saudi Arabia and Angola) while at the same time seeking ways to get Iran to stop its uranium fuel enrichment program. What better way to accomplish that goal than by covertly creating a virus that will sabotage Natanz' centrifuges in a way that simulates mechanical failure while overtly supporting the Iranian government by opposing sanctions pushed by the U.S. It's both simple and elegant. Even if the worm was discovered before it accomplished its mission, who would blame China, Iran's strongest ally, when the most obvious culprits would be Israel and the U.S.?

Are you suggesting... cloudbusters?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3339 on: January 17, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 17, 2011, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on January 17, 2011, 04:23:12 PM

Are you suggesting... cloudbusters?

BROMINE MISSLE INJECTORS, Kumpel.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3341 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3342 on: January 18, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 18, 2011, 12:43:29 PM
http://www.vancouversun.com/life/food/newsletter-signup/Confessions+Greenpeace+founder/4073767/story.html?id=4073767

The list at the end is excellent.

Great article Morph.
A well reasoned and rational approach to our environment.
How refreshing.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3343 on: January 18, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3344 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 18, 2011, 03:01:27 PM
Say it ain't so, JFK!

Thank you for posting this, Morts.  Fucking JFK.  Everyone knows that Nixon actually won that election in his own right, but thought that the nastiness of a recall was beneathe him.

Fucking Kennedys.

I hope the Nixon Library puts on an exhibit concerning this travesty.