News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,874 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3465 on: January 27, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 27, 2011, 02:52:49 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 27, 2011, 02:35:41 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 27, 2011, 02:10:20 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 27, 2011, 02:03:23 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 27, 2011, 01:52:14 PM
Abolishing the Consumer Product Safety Commission is going to go over swimmingly with mothers and anyone that buys anything.

I did say there was some right wing crap in here.

Also, abolishing the Bureau of Indian Affairs?  Really?

What's the problem here?  We really need specific government oversight for this?

How about creating the the Bureau of Baha'i Affairs?  I'm sure there's a place in Commerce, or Interior, or Justice that can handle these issues.

I'd be down for doing that if it was part of a government-wide reorganization.  And this Bureau is already in the Interior Department, for the record.

Just as long as it's not a wholesale abrogation of our treaty obligations with Native Americans.

I'm not suggesting that we abrogate a treaty.  Just cut funding to those whose sole job is to monitor adherence.

Did we ever get rid of the helium reserve?

Don't even get me started on that clusterfuck.

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF PRECIOUS HELIUM!!!!

Hey...why is your voice so squeaky?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3466 on: January 27, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
Defend him now, dongchuggers! He's a flip-flopper!

THEN:

QuoteYesterday, though, both Obama and Vice President Biden made clear they want Pittsburgh to win the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I have to say, you know, I wish the Cardinals the best," Obama replied. "You know, Kurt Warner is a great story, and he's closer to my age than anybody else on the field. But I am a longtime Steelers fan."

He went on to explain that Steelers owner Dan Rooney was "an extraordinary supporter" during his presidential campaign. Franco Harris, the Steelers' Hall of Fame running back, and the team's current head coach, Mike Tomlin, also backed his candidacy, Obama said.

"So . . . I wish the best to the Cardinals," the former senator from Illinois continued. "They've been long-suffering. It's a great Cinderella story. But other than the Bears, the Steelers are probably the team that's closest to my heart. All right?"

NOW

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama openly cheered for the Chicago Bears to make it to the Super Bowl, but they lost.

Now he says he isn't taking sides when the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers meet next week in the Super Bowl.
During a wide-ranging interview on Thursday on YouTube, Obama said he has to stay "absolutely neutral on this one" and let the best team win.

If Obama simply said "I've always liked the Steelers, and besides fuck the Packers," he'd have risen a couple points in my book. Is Wisconsin simply too much in play in 2012?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3467 on: January 27, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 27, 2011, 04:23:47 PM

THEN:

QuoteYesterday, though, both Obama and Vice President Biden made clear they want Pittsburgh to win the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I have to say, you know, I wish the Cardinals the best," Obama replied. "You know, Kurt Warner is a great story, and he's closer to my age than anybody else on the field. But I am a longtime Steelers fan."

He went on to explain that Steelers owner Dan Rooney was "an extraordinary supporter" during his presidential campaign. Franco Harris, the Steelers' Hall of Fame running back, and the team's current head coach, Mike Tomlin, also backed his candidacy, Obama said.

"So . . . I wish the best to the Cardinals," the former senator from Illinois continued. "They've been long-suffering. It's a great Cinderella story. But other than the Bears, the Steelers are probably the team that's closest to my heart. All right?"

NOW

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama openly cheered for the Chicago Bears to make it to the Super Bowl, but they lost.

Now he says he isn't taking sides when the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers meet next week in the Super Bowl.
During a wide-ranging interview on Thursday on YouTube, Obama said he has to stay "absolutely neutral on this one" and let the best team win.

If Obama simply said "I've always liked the Steelers, and besides fuck the Packers," he'd have risen a couple points in my book. Is Wisconsin simply too much in play in 2012?

I don't think he can support a rapist at QB.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3468 on: January 27, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
Fuck these gutless fucking senators.

QuoteThere is some good stuff in the agreement Reid and McConnell struck. The Senate will vote on eliminating secret holds, ending the timewaster of having the clerk read legislation out on the Senate floor, and cutting the number of nominees who require Senate confirmation by a third (which would free about 400 positions from the process). Reid and McConnell have also agreed, in principle, to avoid filibustering the motion to debate and to grant the other side more opportunities to amend legislation.

All that is laudable, particularly the effort to lower the number of nominees the Senate needs to confirm. But this process kicked off because Democrats were furious at Republican abuse of the filibuster. It's ended with Democrats and Republicans agreeing that the filibuster is here to stay. And the reason is both simple and depressing: Democrats want to be able to use the filibuster, too. Both parties are more committed to being able to obstruct than they are to being able to govern. That fundamental preference, as much as any particular rule, is why the Senate is dysfunctional.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3469 on: January 27, 2011, 05:07:42 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 27, 2011, 04:55:40 PM
Fuck these gutless fucking senators.

QuoteThere is some good stuff in the agreement Reid and McConnell struck. The Senate will vote on eliminating secret holds, ending the timewaster of having the clerk read legislation out on the Senate floor, and cutting the number of nominees who require Senate confirmation by a third (which would free about 400 positions from the process). Reid and McConnell have also agreed, in principle, to avoid filibustering the motion to debate and to grant the other side more opportunities to amend legislation.

All that is laudable, particularly the effort to lower the number of nominees the Senate needs to confirm. But this process kicked off because Democrats were furious at Republican abuse of the filibuster. It's ended with Democrats and Republicans agreeing that the filibuster is here to stay. And the reason is both simple and depressing: Democrats want to be able to use the filibuster, too. Both parties are more committed to being able to obstruct than they are to being able to govern. That fundamental preference, as much as any particular rule, is why the Senate is dysfunctional.

Or maybe some Democrats recognize that, one day, they'll be in the minority and will want to block all the reactionary, right-wing batshit legislation that comes to the Senate floor?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3471 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:11 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 27, 2011, 04:28:10 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 27, 2011, 04:23:47 PM

THEN:

NOW

I don't think he can support a rapist* at QB.

*alleged.

Plus...honestly, this doesn't look neutral.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3472 on: January 27, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
Holy cats, practically the first thing to come out of Carol Moseley Braun's mouth in this debate was "as you know, I'm a lawyer."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3473 on: January 27, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 27, 2011, 07:02:03 PM
Holy cats, practically the first thing to come out of Carol Moseley Braun's mouth in this debate was "as you know, I'm a lawyer."

How the fuck did Rich Williamson lose to this idiot?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3474 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »
I'm inclined to write in "Peppermint Patty von Krenwinckel" on general principles.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3475 on: January 28, 2011, 08:03:49 AM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3476 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3477 on: January 28, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 27, 2011, 09:28:03 PM
I'm inclined to write in "Peppermint Patty von Krenwinckel" on general principles.

Her cousin, Toni Preckwinkle seems to be trying to do a good job.

Tuesday morning, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle will propose a 2011 budget of $3.09 billion, up 1.16 percent from 2010's spending. Given the amount of county debt service, health insurance premiums and other fixed costs, that means a budget full of serious cost cuts in personnel — a prospect sure to frighten the county's ample supply of patronage payrollers. This is huge — the equivalent of the sun rising in the north. No prior board president has demanded such deep cuts in this antiquated, sclerotic government.

So we'll say this early and perhaps say it often: Citizens should thank their stars for Preckwinkle's determination to trim expenses.

Preckwinkle and her budgeteers intend to combine spending cuts, new revenues and a one-time use of reserve funds to reduce most county offices' net spending by 16 percent. She also says she's sticking to her promise to kill within two years the remainder of her predecessor Todd Stroger's jobs-killing sales tax hike. (Yes, we know what you're thinking — maybe in her spare time, Preckwinkle would like to be mayor of Chicago and governor of Illinois.)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3478 on: January 28, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 27, 2011, 08:13:16 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on January 27, 2011, 07:02:03 PM

How the fuck did Rich Williamson lose to this idiot?

It was the Year of the Woman.  D'UR.  Blame Anita Hill.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck