News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,840 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3525 on: February 02, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 02, 2011, 09:40:23 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 01, 2011, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 01, 2011, 11:14:03 PM
In double-posting douche news, I present the new hotness: http://atdhenet.tv/

Fortunately, Al Yellon is there to weigh in on this situation. His entire pantywaisting post:

This is a difficult post to write since the subject of it, ATDHE, is a site which live-streams sports events in the USA... that it doesn't legally have the right to stream.

But today, ATDHE, which many of you might not have even heard of, was seized by the federal Department of Homeland Security. Going to their homepage at ATDHE.net, all you see now is a large Department of Homeland Security seizure notice.

Without any further comment on the federal government's action or what might be next, I want to make it clear that SB Nation does not endorse illegal video streams nor allow such streams to be linked here or on other SB Nation site. There is word that ATDHE has already come back on line, but I will neither link nor post the location here -- the purpose of this post is informational only, to report something that is of interest to sports fans.

This post is immediately followed by a fellow SB Nation blogger making fun of him:

Quotewhy so serious?

by your friendly BullsBlogger on Feb 1, 2011 4:06 PM CST

QuoteJust reporting the facts.

by Al Yellon on Feb 1, 2011 4:18 PM CST up reply actions 

112 posts on "The Deep Dish" since the start of the year, 14 total comments.

This is SB Nation Chicago leveraging Yellon's formidable community-building prowess.

Community-building and unbeatable original content...

http://chicago.sbnation.com/2011/1/26/1957442/lingerie-football-league-tells-the-heckler-to-cease-and-desist

Quote"www.thehacker.com"? Nice try. That site doesn't even exist. Your move, LFL.

I saw a commercial for the lingerie football league. Oh, my.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3526 on: February 02, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »

Fortunately, Al Yellon is there to weigh in on this situation. His entire pantywaisting post:

This is a difficult post to write since the subject of it, ATDHE, is a site which live-streams sports events in the USA... that it doesn't legally have the right to stream.

But today, ATDHE, which many of you might not have even heard of, was seized by the federal Department of Homeland Security. Going to their homepage at ATDHE.net, all you see now is a large Department of Homeland Security seizure notice.

Without any further comment on the federal government's action or what might be next, I want to make it clear that SB Nation does not endorse illegal video streams nor allow such streams to be linked here or on other SB Nation site. There is word that ATDHE has already come back on line, but I will neither link nor post the location here -- the purpose of this post is informational only, to report something that is of interest to sports fans.

This post is immediately followed by a fellow SB Nation blogger making fun of him:

Quotewhy so serious?

This is SB Nation Chicago leveraging Yellon's formidable community-building prowess.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/2011/1/26/1957442/lingerie-football-league-tells-the-heckler-to-cease-and-desist

Quote"www.thehacker.com"? Nice try. That site doesn't even exist. Your move, LFL.

The Heckler piece would have been funnier if it had the LFL players putting themselves up for bid on eBay.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3527 on: February 02, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

Quotewhy so serious?

I need closure goddamn it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3528 on: February 02, 2011, 09:11:44 PM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3529 on: February 03, 2011, 08:56:45 AM »
I guess Crain's doesn't monitor their comments.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3530 on: February 03, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »
Kudos to Andrew Cuomo.  I never thought I'd say that, but he deserves it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703960804576120360648820674.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

QuoteThese cuts are impressive on their own, but Mr. Cuomo's real conceptual breakthrough is to expose the rigged-game of "baseline budgeting." This is a gambit by which spending increases automatically each year even before a Governor submits his budget. The "baseline" grows each year due to spending formulas that legislatures build into the law even before they take a single vote.

Mr. Cuomo put it this way in a New York Post op-ed on Tuesday: "When a governor takes office, in many ways the die has already been cast. Unbelievably, this year these rates and formulas in total call for a 13 percent increase in Medicaid and a 13 percent increase in education funding next year."

This means that if Mr. Cuomo proposes a spending increase for Medicaid that is less than 13%, he will be attacked for "cutting" spending. Yet overall Medicaid spending would still increase. As Mr. Cuomo notes, "this process frames the dialogue around the budget and biases the political discourse." That is precisely the goal of government unions and the politicians who follow their orders because it allows them to increase spending even as they cry fiscal havoc.

Exactly.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3531 on: February 05, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/02/04/guantanamo/index.html

Quote... Gul was imprisoned for 8 years without a shred of due process (outside of internal Bush Pentagon "administrative reviews") and finally had his Constitutional right to obtain habeas review affirmed by the Supreme Court in 2008.  His habeas petition was fully submitted and orally argued almost a full year ago, yet even in the face of his prolonged, due-process-free imprisonment, the federal judge presiding over the case just never bothered to rule on his claims.  There's a well-known legal maxim that "justice delayed is justice denied," but this goes well beyond merely violating that.  Taking almost a full year -- at least -- to decide a habeas petition for someone who is languishing in indefinite detention for their ninth year is simply inexcusable.

Gul's death -- and what turned out to be his due-process-free life sentence -- is an important reminder of the heinous detention policies of the U.S.: not as a matter of the Bush/Cheney past, but very much the current U.S. posture as well.  The only difference is that there is no more partisan gain to be squeezed from the controversy, so it has blissfully disappeared into the harmonious dead zone of bipartisan consensus.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3532 on: February 06, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3533 on: February 07, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/07/business/media/07aol.html

QuoteThe Huffington Post, which began in 2005 with a meager $1 million investment and has grown into one of the most heavily visited news Web sites in the country, is being acquired by AOL in a deal that creates an unlikely pairing of two online media giants.

The two companies completed the sale Sunday evening and announced the deal just after midnight on Monday. AOL will pay $315 million, $300 million of it in cash and the rest in stock. It will be the company's largest acquisition since it was separated from Time Warner in 2009.

The deal will allow AOL to greatly expand its news gathering and original content creation, areas that its chief executive, Tim Armstrong, views as vital to reversing a decade-long decline.

Lint?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3534 on: February 07, 2011, 08:46:17 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 07, 2011, 08:31:55 AM

QuoteThe Huffington Post, which began in 2005 with a meager $1 million investment and has grown into one of the most heavily visited news Web sites in the country, is being acquired by AOL in a deal that creates an unlikely pairing of two online media giants.

The two companies completed the sale Sunday evening and announced the deal just after midnight on Monday. AOL will pay $315 million, $300 million of it in cash and the rest in stock. It will be the company's largest acquisition since it was separated from Time Warner in 2009.

The deal will allow AOL to greatly expand its news gathering and original content creation, areas that its chief executive, Tim Armstrong, views as vital to reversing a decade-long decline.

Lint?

Should have gotten Jesse Michaels.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3535 on: February 07, 2011, 09:30:41 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 07, 2011, 08:46:17 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 07, 2011, 08:31:55 AM

Lint?

Should have gotten Jesse Michaels.

He's got to be way more available.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3536 on: February 07, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
I'm not trying to make a big point of this or start a debate (OBSESSED!!!), especially since it is my birthday, but I found this funny.

Sarah Palin and her daughter Bristol are attempting to trademark their names. 

QuoteThe Palins are facing a long road in the effort to trademark their names. "Generally one can trademark one's name," said Jeffrey S. Kravitz, a Los Angeles-based intellectual property attorney. "But, it is not easy."

The funny part is this:
QuoteIt seems like signing your name is not something you would forget when your name is what you're trying to trademark, but she's a busy woman.

The application also says that the mark's "first use in commerce" was on January 1, 1996.

This is actually the second Palin registration effort - the first one, in September of last year, was filed by Bristol. She, too, says she provides "motivational speaking services," but hers are "in the field of life choices."

Bristol didn't sign, either.

I just found these items interesting.  http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/02/protecting-the-palin-brand-sarah-and-bristol-go-for-trademark-s/ and http://www.loweringthebar.net/2011/02/sarah-palin-tm-having-trouble-with-registration.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LoweringTheBar+%28Lowering+the+Bar%29

I've redacted the second quote to take the author's potshots out.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3537 on: February 07, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but no one particularly cares when your birthday is.

Also, you are obsessed.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3538 on: February 07, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on February 07, 2011, 11:20:39 AM
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but no one particularly cares when your birthday is.

Also, you are obsessed.

I wasn't saying that to make that information public, I was saying it because I didn't want to start a large debate, especially since it happened to be today.

However, I'm sure there's a new meme around that posits that I did it because I wanted to spread that news, so c'est la vie.

EDIT: ASSHURT!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3539 on: February 07, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 07, 2011, 11:46:53 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on February 07, 2011, 11:20:39 AM

Also, you are obsessed.

I wasn't saying that to make that information public, I was saying it because I didn't want to start a large debate, especially since it happened to be today.

However, I'm sure there's a new meme around that posits that I did it because I wanted to spread that news, so c'est la vie.

EDIT: ASSHURT!!!

I find it interesting you haven't produced a birth certificate yet people readily accept that it's your birthday.