News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,880 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3555 on: February 23, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »
BTW... I flipped to CLTV last night for a glance at the returns. They had Clarence Page on opposite John Kass, who I'd had the good fortune to have never had to watch on TV before.

Holy shit, that guy is worse live than he is on the printed page.

Mumble, mumble, mumble, vague and insubstantial insinuations about Rahm's residency issue, turn away from the camera, mumble, mumble.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3556 on: February 23, 2011, 09:51:04 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 23, 2011, 09:46:40 AM
BTW... I flipped to CLTV last night for a glance at the returns. They had Clarence Page on opposite John Kass, who I'd had the good fortune to have never had to watch on TV before.

Mumble, mumble, mumble, vague and insubstantial insinuations about Rahm's residency issue, turn away from the camera, mumble, mumble.

That's the White Knight of City Hall you're bad mouthing.

I've heard Kass before because every once in awhile The Score or ESPN1000 gets it in their head that Kass might know shit about sports and grants him a fill-in slot.  And it is always awful.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3557 on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 23, 2011, 09:46:40 AM

Usually when Kass talks the anchors have this what the fuck is he talking about look on their faces.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3558 on: February 23, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
Royko was also terrible on election-night television coverage.*

*apologizes to Royko's corpse for mentioning him in the same sentence as Kass.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3559 on: February 23, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 23, 2011, 11:50:02 AM
Royko was also terrible on election-night television coverage.*

*apologizes to Royko's corpse for mentioning him in the same sentence as Kass.

Meatball.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3560 on: February 23, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »
MayorRahm is off with Wesley Crusher, I guess.

http://twitter.com/#!/MayorEmanuel

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3561 on: February 23, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
Mary Mitchell was good for an uproarious hour during the WGN radio coverage in blaming Braun's dismal performance on everything within grasp, which did not include Braun.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3562 on: February 24, 2011, 12:07:51 PM »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/24/948968/-Map-of-Chicago-mayoral-election-results-by-precinct

QuoteThe map below, put together by mapping guru jeffmd, shows the results of last night's elections by precinct. Blue is for Emanuel (who won 2,087 precincts), red for Chico (410), orange for del Valle (47). Oh, and green for Carol Moseley Braun, but you can't tell with her, since she won exactly one precinct. There were also 11 ties. (The dashed line toward the top represents Rahm's old congressional district, IL-05, now held by Dem Mike Quigley.)

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3563 on: February 24, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 24, 2011, 12:07:51 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/24/948968/-Map-of-Chicago-mayoral-election-results-by-precinct

QuoteThe map below, put together by mapping guru jeffmd, shows the results of last night's elections by precinct. Blue is for Emanuel (who won 2,087 precincts), red for Chico (410), orange for del Valle (47). Oh, and green for Carol Moseley Braun, but you can't tell with her, since she won exactly one precinct. There were also 11 ties. (The dashed line toward the top represents Rahm's old congressional district, IL-05, now held by Dem Mike Quigley.)

The person who put that map together was clearly strung out on crack.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3564 on: February 24, 2011, 12:53:40 PM »
DPD, but good ol' Abe sure was such a rapscallion back in the day.

QuoteOn December 5, 1840, Democrats "proposed an early adjournment, knowing this would bring a speedy end to the State Bank. The Whigs tried to counter by leaving the capitol building before the vote, but the doors were locked. That's when Lincoln made his move. He headed for the second story, opened a window and jumped to the ground!"

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/02/24/when_lincoln_fled.html

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3565 on: February 24, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
TPD...

God bless America.

QuoteIn the wake of the health reform repeal vote in the U.S. House and the ongoing legal challenges over the individual mandate, nearly half the country either believes that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) has been repealed and is no longer law (22 percent) or doesn't know enough to say whether it is still law (26 percent). Roughly half of Americans (52 percent) accurately report that the ACA is still the law of the land.

http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/8156.cfm

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3566 on: February 24, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 24, 2011, 02:32:20 PM
TPD...

God bless America.

QuoteIn the wake of the health reform repeal vote in the U.S. House and the ongoing legal challenges over the individual mandate, nearly half the country either believes that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) has been repealed and is no longer law (22 percent) or doesn't know enough to say whether it is still law (26 percent). Roughly half of Americans (52 percent) accurately report that the ACA is still the law of the land.

http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/8156.cfm

Are those significant numbers?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3567 on: February 24, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/02/24/2011022400582.html

QuoteN.Korean Forces Crack Down on Protesters in Border Town

Hundreds of people clashed with security forces in the North Korean town of Sinuiju on the border with China on Friday, a source in the Stalinist country said Wednesday.

The military was deployed to quell the demonstration, leaving some protesters wounded.

The source said police officers cracking down on traders in a market in Sinuiju after the public holidays marking leader Kim Jong-il's birthday beat one of them unconscious. The victim's family protested and many other traders went along to support them.

When it looked as though other people might join the traders, security agents and military troops moved in. Rumor has it that four or five people were killed in the resulting clashes, but no details of civilian casualties are known.

The security forces were reportedly on emergency alert in the area after the incident. A defector from Sinuiju said, "Since Feb. 15, I've had difficulties communicating with my contact in Sinuiju. I called him at a pre-arranged time but his mobile phone was turned off."

The source said while the protest was sparked by the crackdown in the market, it was an eruption of long pent-up discontent.

The regime had promised to dole out special rations to Sinuiju residents ahead of Kim's birthday on Feb. 16 but reportedly failed to keep the promise. People were also angry that the regime was once again trying to interfere with their attempts to earn a living in the market.

Meanwhile, the online newspaper Daily NK reported on Wednesday that the regime created a special mobilization force to prevent any demonstrations similar to the recent uprisings in the Middle East.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/02/25/2011022500370.html

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3568 on: February 24, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
Honest question to all:

Is it unpatriotic to want to change your country? Can you not simultaneously love your country and want to implement/adapt new ideas?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3569 on: February 24, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 24, 2011, 12:07:51 PM

I found the braun dsitrict.