News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,874 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3705 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 10:10:42 AM

Maybe everyone should be running TO Japan.

I love that she can unironically quote the New York Times when it fits her batshit narrative. 

The woman is insanity distilled.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3706 on: March 18, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 18, 2011, 09:31:23 AM
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 09:05:37 AM
Quote from: morpheus on March 18, 2011, 08:49:45 AM
I know everyone's all lathered up about the US not doing enough or doing too much in Libya... and rightly so, since it seems there's been little actual debate on the issue (Gil asks some rather important questions, for example).  However, here's a story you probably haven't seen covered.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-stranahan/shame-ignoring-death-thre_b_835805.html

ORLY?

CNN? That's not a major news network. Nice try.

One story on one network with no followup.  Very impressive.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3707 on: March 18, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 18, 2011, 11:47:18 AM
I know everyone's all lathered up about the US not doing enough or doing too much in Libya... and rightly so, since it seems there's been little actual debate on the issue (Gil asks some rather important questions, for example).  However, here's a story you probably haven't seen covered.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-stranahan/shame-ignoring-death-thre_b_835805.html

ORLY?

I see Morph is POINTING THE FENGER.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3708 on: March 18, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »

ORLY?

One example on one blog from a guy who works with Brietbart. C'mon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3709 on: March 18, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 12:39:20 PM

ORLY?

Your characterization of the author is misleading at best.  Typical, though.

I anxiously await links to CBS, ABC, MSNBC, the New York Times... Good luck.  They'd all be falling over themselves to cover it if it were Democrats getting threats from Tea Partiers.  You know it, and I know it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3710 on: March 18, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 18, 2011, 12:56:00 PM

ORLY?

No, I actually read the fucking article. He says he works with Breitbart.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3711 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 12:57:23 PM
Quote from: morpheus on March 18, 2011, 12:56:00 PM

ORLY?

No, I actually read the fucking article. He says he works with Breitbart.

Yes, and so did I.

QuoteI'm in an odd position. In the last few months, I've had one foot in the left wing news stream and one foot in the right. My media duality began when conservative publisher Andrew Breitbart hired me to work with him on the Pigford 'black farmers' settlement story. I'm a pro-choice, pro-single payer, anti-war, pro-gay rights independent liberal with years of work in print and film backing those positions. Breitbart hired me to bring a different perspective to the non-partisan issue of corruption in Pigford.

But since he has done some work for Breitbart he should be completely discredited.  Shoah.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3712 on: March 18, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
The point you're missing (or ignoring) here is...

he's claiming there's been no media coverage. It took me a 2 second search on CNN's site to pull up that clip.

So then, you moved the goalposts (1 story, no followup), so I moved them (Worked for Brietbart), we can continue that all day, but nobody here wants their time wasted.

But since you asked:

CBS

I'll give you ABC, only because their site is an abomination that only links to AP. Which is covering the story pretty extensively.

MSNBC

The Times gave me good results, but it was behind a paywall, and I'm a cheapskate.

Essentially the article was written by someone who, at worst, was lying or at best, needs to learn how to operate a search bar.

TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3713 on: March 18, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 01:32:15 PM

he's claiming there's been no media coverage. It took me a 2 second search on CNN's site to pull up that clip.

So then, you moved the goalposts (1 story, no followup), so I moved them (Worked for Brietbart), we can continue that all day, but nobody here wants their time wasted.

But since you asked:

CBS

I'll give you ABC, only because their site is an abomination that only links to AP. Which is covering the story pretty extensively.

MSNBC

The Times gave me good results, but it was behind a paywall, and I'm a cheapskate.

Essentially the article was written by someone who, at worst, was lying or at best, needs to learn how to operate a search bar.

Or, they looked at print, television, and radio instead of the Internets and blog posts.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3714 on: March 18, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 18, 2011, 01:51:01 PM

But since you asked:

CBS

MSNBC

Or, they looked at print, television, and radio instead of the Internets and blog posts.

or...

Just before writing this article, I did a Google search and it's stunning to find out that the right wing media really isn't exaggerating -- proven death threats against politicians are being ignored by the supposedly honest media. If you've never agreed with a single thing that Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly et al have said about anything, you can't in any good conscience say that they don't have a point here. Death threats are wrong and if a story like Wisconsin is national news for days, then so are death threats.

At this point we're just beating a dead Sarah Jessica Parker. Let's get back to how much the Cubs will suck.
TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3715 on: March 18, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 01:54:16 PM

But since you asked:

CBS

MSNBC

or...

Just before writing this article, I did a Google search and it's stunning to find out that the right wing media really isn't exaggerating -- proven death threats against politicians are being ignored by the supposedly honest media. If you've never agreed with a single thing that Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly et al have said about anything, you can't in any good conscience say that they don't have a point here. Death threats are wrong and if a story like Wisconsin is national news for days, then so are death threats.

At this point we're just beating a dead Sarah Jessica Parker. Let's get back to how much the Cubs will suck.

Castillo time... it's gonna happen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3716 on: March 18, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 18, 2011, 02:03:34 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 18, 2011, 01:54:16 PM

But since you asked:

CBS

MSNBC

or...

Castillo time... it's gonna happen

We're gonna need a lot of Malort.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3717 on: March 22, 2011, 12:19:57 PM »
Not much to argue with here.

QuoteWhy is Libya so different? Basically, because the dictators of Yemen, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia — also Jordan and the Persian Gulf sheikdoms, for that matter — are friendly, cooperative and useful. Gaddafi is not.

QuoteGaddafi is crazy and evil; obviously, he wasn't going to listen to our advice about democracy. The world would be fortunate to be rid of him. But war in Libya is justifiable only if we are going to hold compliant dictators to the same standard we set for defiant ones. If not, then please spare us all the homilies about universal rights and freedoms. We'll know this isn't about justice, it's about power.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3718 on: March 22, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 22, 2011, 12:19:57 PM
Not much to argue with here.

QuoteWhy is Libya so different? Basically, because the dictators of Yemen, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia — also Jordan and the Persian Gulf sheikdoms, for that matter — are friendly, cooperative and useful. Gaddafi is not.

QuoteGaddafi is crazy and evil; obviously, he wasn't going to listen to our advice about democracy. The world would be fortunate to be rid of him. But war in Libya is justifiable only if we are going to hold compliant dictators to the same standard we set for defiant ones. If not, then please spare us all the homilies about universal rights and freedoms. We'll know this isn't about justice, it's about power.

While I don't necessarily believe that another war was the right decision (I'm just going to go ahead and note MikeC's conspicuous absence from the thread since the war began), I can accept the argument that intervention in Libya was warranted over say Côte d'Ivoire or Rwanda.  Geographically, Libya is sandwiched between two Arab states that have recently thrown out long-standing (and US supported, but that's another matter) leaders.  If the policy of the United States government is to foment this nascent Arab revolution, it cannot allow the progress to be stopped by Qaddafi.  Think of the moral hazard if every Arab dictator believes that in order to forestall a revolution, all he needs to do is brutalize his people for a certain period of time, receive the inevitable lukewarm Western condemnation, and then go about his business?

I don't think anyone knows exactly the motivation and disposition of the rebels in Libya towards the United States, but I feel that with the US seemingly taking a reduced role in this war and engaging nevertheless, it sends a strong signal going forward for revolutions elsewhere.

I could also be wrong, who knows.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3719 on: March 22, 2011, 01:12:28 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 22, 2011, 12:41:46 PM
(I'm just going to go ahead and note MikeC's conspicuous absence from the thread since the war began)

His "Time to post!" clock doesn't go off for another week.