News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,859 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3750 on: March 24, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
Iowans don't want the government involved in their ethanol subsidies!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3751 on: March 24, 2011, 11:27:03 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3752 on: March 24, 2011, 11:31:35 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 24, 2011, 11:27:03 PM

My eyes searched, and when they spotted the mirror, I laughed like an idjit.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3753 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »
Interesting point of view from a green-type.  And by "interesting" I mean, of course, "something that supports my point of view."

QuoteYou will not be surprised to hear that the events in Japan have changed my view of nuclear power. You will be surprised to hear how they have changed it. As a result of the disaster at Fukushima, I am no longer nuclear-neutral. I now support the technology.

A crappy old plant with inadequate safety features was hit by a monster earthquake and a vast tsunami. The electricity supply failed, knocking out the cooling system. The reactors began to explode and melt down. The disaster exposed a familiar legacy of poor design and corner-cutting. Yet, as far as we know, no one has yet received a lethal dose of radiation.

Bonus: it links to xkcd, which can only be a positive.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3754 on: March 25, 2011, 08:37:01 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 25, 2011, 08:26:24 AM
Interesting point of view from a green-type.  And by "interesting" I mean, of course, "something that supports my point of view."

QuoteYou will not be surprised to hear that the events in Japan have changed my view of nuclear power. You will be surprised to hear how they have changed it. As a result of the disaster at Fukushima, I am no longer nuclear-neutral. I now support the technology.

A crappy old plant with inadequate safety features was hit by a monster earthquake and a vast tsunami. The electricity supply failed, knocking out the cooling system. The reactors began to explode and melt down. The disaster exposed a familiar legacy of poor design and corner-cutting. Yet, as far as we know, no one has yet received a lethal dose of radiation.

Bonus: it links to xkcd, which can only be a positive.

That is definitely good news - let's hope it stays this way. I'm not sure if these guys are brave, dumb, or a little of both, but what a crazy story.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/21/nuclear-samurai-fukushima-japan-reactor

QuoteShingo Kanno, who had been hired to do construction work, was released from his duties at Fukushima soon after the declaration of a nuclear emergency. As the crisis at the plant worsened, and the Japanese government widened the evacuation zone, he moved his wife and his infant daughter to his in-laws, where they would be safer.

He also helped evacuate his extended family from their home town of Minamisoma, which is within the 30km exclusion zone, to the sports centre and other shelters. Then, his relatives say, Kanno got a call from the plant asking him to go back to work.

His whole family took turns getting on the phone to tell him not to go. They reminded him that he was a farmer, not a nuclear engineer, that he did not have the skills for such a sophisticated crisis. They said he should think of his responsibilities to his parents and his baby daughter.

"I told him: 'You have a family now. You shouldn't be thinking about the company – you should be thinking about your own family,'" said Masao Kanno.

But on Friday Shingo Kanno went back anyway. The family have not heard from him since.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3755 on: March 26, 2011, 12:26:03 AM »
Oh, for fuck's sake.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3756 on: March 28, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »
I genuinely don't know what to say about this article; chilling stuff: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-kill-team-20110327?page=1
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3757 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:29 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2011, 08:37:01 AM
That is definitely good news - let's hope it stays this way. I'm not sure if these guys are brave, dumb, or a little of both, but what a crazy story.

Surely you're familiar with the "demon core"?

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3758 on: March 28, 2011, 04:23:07 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 28, 2011, 01:09:15 AM
I genuinely don't know what to say about this article; chilling stuff: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-kill-team-20110327?page=1

Yeah, you know that death penalty discussion?  I'm prepared to make an exception for anybody who can pose for celebratory photographs with the body of the child they just killed.  I swear to God, I can't remember the last time anything made me this angry.  Fuck those pricks, I hope they rot in hell.

Fuck.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3759 on: March 28, 2011, 07:50:32 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 28, 2011, 04:23:07 AM

Yeah, you know that death penalty discussion?  I'm prepared to make an exception for anybody who can pose for celebratory photographs with the body of the child they just killed.  I swear to God, I can't remember the last time anything made me this angry.  Fuck those pricks, I hope they rot in hell.

Fuck.

PTSD is a motherfucker. I can't know what these guys went through to make them that sick but I doubt it can be adequately covered in the lede sentence with "six months of hard (||) soldiering" (Parentheses are mine.)

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3760 on: March 28, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 28, 2011, 04:23:07 AM

Fuck.

Tell me about it.  I can't believe that Stoner dude was such a bitch and snitched.  Kill 'em all while we're over there.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3761 on: March 28, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 28, 2011, 01:47:29 AM
Quote from: R-V on March 25, 2011, 08:37:01 AM

Surely you're familiar with the "demon core"?

And Doctor Manhattan was born.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3762 on: March 28, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
QuoteA 28-year-old man has been charged with murder after telling police that he stoned a 70-year-old man to death for making homosexual advances toward him, authorities say.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42158884/ns/local_news-philadelphia_pa/

QuoteThomas reportedly told authorities that he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to death. When Seidman allegedly made homosexual advances toward him over a period of time, Thomas said he received a message in his prayers that he must end Seidman's life, according to court documents.

ORLY?

QuoteThough the relationship is still unknown, Thomas was the sole executor of Seidman's will and knew how much money was in Seidman's bank accounts, police say.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3763 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 28, 2011, 09:50:15 AM
QuoteA 28-year-old man has been charged with murder after telling police that he stoned a 70-year-old man to death for making homosexual advances toward him, authorities say.

QuoteThomas reportedly told authorities that he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to death. When Seidman allegedly made homosexual advances toward him over a period of time, Thomas said he received a message in his prayers that he must end Seidman's life, according to court documents.

ORLY?

QuoteThough the relationship is still unknown, Thomas was the sole executor of Seidman's will and knew how much money was in Seidman's bank accounts, police say.

So was "I stoned him because he was gay" supposed to be his cover story for "I murdered him for his money"? Who was the shitty lawyer that didn't tell him that both were horrible?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3764 on: March 28, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 28, 2011, 09:54:30 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 28, 2011, 09:50:15 AM

ORLY?

So was "I stoned him because he was gay" supposed to be his cover story for "I murdered him for his money"? Who was the shitty lawyer that didn't tell him that both were horrible?

Anti-Semite.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.