News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,880 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3795 on: April 04, 2011, 08:35:20 AM »
Potential game-changer...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/world/middleeast/03mideast.html

QuoteWith revolutionary fervor sweeping the Middle East, Israel is under mounting pressure to make a far-reaching offer to the Palestinians or face a United Nations vote welcoming the State of Palestine as a member whose territory includes all of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.

The Palestinian Authority has been steadily building support for such a resolution in September, a move that could place Israel into a diplomatic vise. Israel would be occupying land belonging to a fellow United Nations member, land it has controlled and settled for more than four decades and some of which it expects to keep in any two-state solution.

Efforts are still under way to restart peace talks but if, as expected, negotiations do not resume, come September the Palestinian Authority seems set to go ahead with plans to ask the General Assembly to accept it as a member. Diplomats involved in the issue say most countries — more than 100 — are expected to vote yes, meaning it will pass. (There are no vetoes in the General Assembly so the United States cannot save Israel as it often has in the Security Council.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3796 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:12 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3798 on: April 04, 2011, 09:54:26 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 04, 2011, 08:58:12 AM
Potential game-changers are everywhere!

Fiscal policy to alter the business cycle?  Yeah, that'll work...

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3799 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 04, 2011, 09:54:26 AM

They are advocating using fiscal policy to make a permanent level and/or trajectory shift, rather than trying to address business cycle peaks and troughs individually.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3800 on: April 04, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 04, 2011, 10:19:37 AM

They are advocating using fiscal policy to make a permanent level and/or trajectory shift, rather than trying to address business cycle peaks and troughs individually.

They are also, if I read this right, basically calling for the Congress to do very little other than chart a course.  No significant budgetary changes from year to year.  I love that idea.  It will never happen.  And we all know why.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3801 on: April 04, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 04, 2011, 10:47:06 AM

They are also, if I read this right, basically calling for the Congress to do very little other than chart a course.  No significant budgetary changes from year to year.  I love that idea.  It will never happen.  And we all know why.

Something something want to SERVE?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3802 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on April 04, 2011, 11:04:16 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 04, 2011, 10:47:06 AM

Something something want to SERVE?

Something something lobbyists something
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3803 on: April 04, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
At least somebody got the address right.

The last sentence made my day.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3804 on: April 05, 2011, 08:49:23 AM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3805 on: April 05, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
Climatefreude!

QuoteA team of UC Berkeley physicists and statisticians that set out to challenge the scientific consensus on global warming is finding that its data-crunching effort is producing results nearly identical to those underlying the prevailing view.

The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project was launched by physics professor Richard Muller, a longtime critic of government-led climate studies, to address what he called "the legitimate concerns" of skeptics who believe that global warming is exaggerated.

But Muller unexpectedly told a congressional hearing last week that the work of the three principal groups that have analyzed the temperature trends underlying climate science is "excellent.... We see a global warming trend that is very similar to that previously reported by the other groups."

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3806 on: April 05, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2011, 09:46:33 AM
Climatefreude!

QuoteA team of UC Berkeley physicists and statisticians that set out to challenge the scientific consensus on global warming is finding that its data-crunching effort is producing results nearly identical to those underlying the prevailing view.

The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project was launched by physics professor Richard Muller, a longtime critic of government-led climate studies, to address what he called "the legitimate concerns" of skeptics who believe that global warming is exaggerated.

But Muller unexpectedly told a congressional hearing last week that the work of the three principal groups that have analyzed the temperature trends underlying climate science is "excellent.... We see a global warming trend that is very similar to that previously reported by the other groups."

QuoteAnthony Watts, a former TV weatherman who runs the skeptic blog WattsUpWithThat.com...

It's a pun.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3808 on: April 08, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3809 on: April 08, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.