News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,823 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3900 on: May 02, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 02, 2011, 09:44:39 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 02, 2011, 09:38:57 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 02, 2011, 09:36:44 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 02, 2011, 09:34:42 AM
That said, I laughed...

Really, Tank?

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7779.15

I haven't made it that far yet.

I want to savor that thread like Kobe beef.

Well, shit... Way to ruin a perfectly good bloodlust thread, guys.

It's almost as if the Twatheads thread didn't exist and the terrorists were allowed to win for several hours after Osama got a rocket fed to him. DID Y'ALL NOT GET THE MEMO!!!!

David Axelrod gloating on WGN a few seconds ago didn't sit well either.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3901 on: May 02, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »
FWIW, I lean towards the flannj/Wheezer/Gil camp inasmuch as I found the style of celebration last night a bit disquieting at times.

Much of what I saw in footage from DC struck me as little more than a bunch of college kids doing the same exact thing college kids do when their team wins (or loses) a major championship.

But, in the end, I decided that it's not my place to tell other people how to experience this.

10 years ago we were cold cocked and solemn. And, while more solemnity is what seemed proper to me last night, there's something to be said for celebratory catharsis, too.

Also: fuck that guy.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3902 on: May 02, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Nothing, however, excuses Gil and CFiHP for gumming up that thread with a discussion of "Star Trek: Enterprise."

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3903 on: May 02, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 02, 2011, 10:07:47 AM
FWIW, I lean towards the flannj/Wheezer/Gil camp inasmuch as I found the style of celebration last night a bit disquieting at times.

Much of what I saw in footage from DC struck me as little more than a bunch of college kids doing the same exact thing college kids do when their team wins (or loses) a major championship.

But, in the end, I decided that it's not my place to tell other people how to experience this.

10 years ago we were cold cocked and solemn. And, while more solemnity is what seemed proper to me last night, there's something to be said for celebratory catharsis, too.

Despite my cold water throwing, how could anybody not get a lump in their throat during the National Anthem at the United Center tonight?

(THIS to Slak in the other thread)
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3904 on: May 02, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 02, 2011, 10:26:56 AM

Despite my cold water throwing, how could anybody not get a lump in their throat during the National Anthem at the United Center tonight?

Especially now that it's confirmed that Jim Cornelison is going to be singing it.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3905 on: May 02, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »

I agree. I understand the desire to gather in one place and wave a flag, but the beach balls and champagne seem a little over the top. And it did seem like celebrating a win, but we didn't really win anything.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3906 on: May 02, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 02, 2011, 10:35:22 AM
Quote from: flannj on May 02, 2011, 10:26:56 AM

Especially now that it's confirmed that Jim Cornelison is going to be singing it.

Wow.  That's pretty cool, I must admit.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3907 on: May 02, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3908 on: May 02, 2011, 01:06:32 PM »
Losers who care about tax policy may find this interesting:

http://finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/030811%20mg%20test.pdf

I've never heard of the guy giving the testimony, but he's got one hell of a beard.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3909 on: May 02, 2011, 01:43:49 PM »

Might be worth noting that the people celebrating around the White House mostly were college aged (as GWU is a few blocks from there), so they were only 8-10 when OBL's hide n'seek game began, so it is a bit different to them.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3910 on: May 02, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »

I'm guessing at least one of those Chads used "I lost my [insert relative] on 9/11" card to score some tail.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3911 on: May 02, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 02, 2011, 01:47:53 PM

I'm guessing at least one of those Chads used "I lost my [insert relative] on 9/11 in the Spanish American War" card to score some tail.

Fork would know
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3912 on: May 03, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 02, 2011, 07:11:09 PM

I'm guessing at least one of those Chads used "I lost my [insert relative] on 9/11 in the Spanish American War" card to score some tail.

Fork would know

I called that move the "Rough Rider".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3913 on: May 03, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 03, 2011, 08:43:43 AM

Fork would know

Great. Now SKO is going to shoehorn in a CFL discussion.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3914 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:22 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 03, 2011, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: Fork on May 03, 2011, 08:43:43 AM

Fork would know

Great. Now SKO is going to shoehorn in a CFL discussion.

God damn Rough Riders. Smilin' Hank will have his revenge this year, Darian Durant!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015