News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,880 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3975 on: May 20, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 20, 2011, 03:53:39 PM
http://timeoutchicago.com/things-to-do/this-week-in-chicago/14765671/chicago%25E2%2580%2599s-first-on-street-bike-parking

QuoteThe cycling initiatives have 1st Ward Ald. Proco "Joe" Moreno dropping the F-bomb in support. In March, Moreno, whose ward includes Wicker Park, visited Seville, Spain, for the Velo-city bicycle conference. Joining him were fellow bike-friendly, Spanish-speaking Northwest Side politicians, 30th Ward Ald. Ariel Reboyras and 35th Ward Ald. Rey Colon.

"Six years ago Chicago was ahead of Seville in terms of biking," says Moreno. "Now Seville has physically separated bike lanes and a bike-sharing system, and they've closed down their center city to cars. It's so easy to bike there, everybody's doing it: old people on adult tricycles, young men in suits and women in heels."

The aldermen presented their findings last month during a forum at Logan Square's Boiler Room pizzeria. Moreno discussed the Wicker Park bike corral and other innovative ideas to push pedaling in the neighborhood. Since recent CDOT counts show bikes make up 22 percent of daytime traffic on parts of Milwaukee Avenue, Moreno is exploring the possibility of removing one lane of car parking on the street from California to Division to make room for a Seville-style separated bike lane. Asked how meter lessee LAZ Parking would react to the loss of revenue if car spaces were removed, Moreno responded, "Fuck 'em." The crowd of cyclists went wild.

Ha. 

YEAH DOSE GUYZ MADE OUR MARE LOOK STOOPID.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3976 on: May 20, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 20, 2011, 04:00:35 PM
http://timeoutchicago.com/things-to-do/this-week-in-chicago/14765671/chicago%25E2%2580%2599s-first-on-street-bike-parking

QuoteThe cycling initiatives have 1st Ward Ald. Proco "Joe" Moreno dropping the F-bomb in support. In March, Moreno, whose ward includes Wicker Park, visited Seville, Spain, for the Velo-city bicycle conference. Joining him were fellow bike-friendly, Spanish-speaking Northwest Side politicians, 30th Ward Ald. Ariel Reboyras and 35th Ward Ald. Rey Colon.

"Six years ago Chicago was ahead of Seville in terms of biking," says Moreno. "Now Seville has physically separated bike lanes and a bike-sharing system, and they've closed down their center city to cars. It's so easy to bike there, everybody's doing it: old people on adult tricycles, young men in suits and women in heels."

The aldermen presented their findings last month during a forum at Logan Square's Boiler Room pizzeria. Moreno discussed the Wicker Park bike corral and other innovative ideas to push pedaling in the neighborhood. Since recent CDOT counts show bikes make up 22 percent of daytime traffic on parts of Milwaukee Avenue, Moreno is exploring the possibility of removing one lane of car parking on the street from California to Division to make room for a Seville-style separated bike lane. Asked how meter lessee LAZ Parking would react to the loss of revenue if car spaces were removed, Moreno responded, "Fuck 'em." The crowd of cyclists went wild.

Ha. 

Am I the only one who had never heard of an adult tricycle?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3977 on: May 22, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 20, 2011, 04:29:29 PM

Ha. 

They're all the rage in Heaven's Waiting Room, aka Southern Florida.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3978 on: May 22, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 20, 2011, 04:29:29 PM

Ha. 

Dude, getting old sucks.  Adult tricycles are for old folks who want to cruise around but basically can't keep a bicycle balanced anymore.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3979 on: May 23, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
Tim Pawlenty's hometown paper on the day of his announcement:

This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3980 on: May 23, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 23, 2011, 10:41:45 AM

Sometimes slow and steady wins the race. Besides, didn't a tornado rip through the Twin Cities yesterday, making less urgent matters, um, less urgent?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3981 on: May 23, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 23, 2011, 11:15:45 AM

Sometimes slow and steady wins the race. Besides, didn't a tornado rip through the Twin Cities yesterday, making less urgent matters, um, less urgent?

Are you saying the tornadoes are to blame for Linda and Mary Ann's hairstyles?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3982 on: May 23, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »

His hometown paper doesn't think much of Pawlenty, huh?  An ex-governor announces a presidential run and he's relegated to page 6?  I bet The Body would have gotten at least page 2.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3983 on: May 23, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 23, 2011, 12:08:25 PM

His hometown paper doesn't think much of Pawlenty, huh?  An ex-governor announces a presidential run and he's relegated to page 6?  I bet The Body would have gotten at least page 2.

It's just a pick-up of an AP story too, not even from their own reporter.

Not that this isn't commonplace, but further the notion that they don't give a crap about him or his campaign.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3984 on: May 23, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »

The fact that his announcement is on the obituary page isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3985 on: May 23, 2011, 03:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 23, 2011, 12:53:28 PM

The fact that his announcement is on the obituary page isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either.

At least give the guy some credit for paying lip serivce to the idea of telling the truth in a politcial campaign.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3986 on: May 23, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
Quote from: Fork on May 23, 2011, 12:53:28 PM

Not a ringing endorsement but appropriate given his chances in any election in 2012.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3987 on: May 24, 2011, 10:40:37 AM »
"We don't need to rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America, we need to reread the Constitution and enforce the Constitution. ... And I know that there are some people that are not going to do that, so for the benefit of those who are not going to read it because they don't want us to go by the Constitution, there's a little section in there that talks about "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,'" - Herman Cain

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3988 on: May 24, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 24, 2011, 10:40:37 AM
"We don't need to rewrite the Constitution of the United States of America, we need to reread the Constitution and enforce the Constitution. ... And I know that there are some people that are not going to do that, so for the benefit of those who are not going to read it because they don't want us to go by the Constitution, there's a little section in there that talks about "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,'" - Herman Cain

For the record, the man also has no clue about what the "right of return" is either.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3989 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »
Let's talk about small government....government so small, it can fit on the end of a vaginal probe prior to getting an abortion following an incident of rape or incest.

To wit:

Bear in mind, this legislation (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7578459.html) was considered an "emergency" for the state of Texas.

Texas, which, for the record, is: second to last in high school graduation rates, 47th in spending per student, second worst in food insecurity rates, and has one-third of its population in poverty.

It also faces a budget deficit of anywhere between 15 billion and 27 billion.

God bless America.