News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,859 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4065 on: June 20, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 20, 2011, 04:43:33 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/sidetracks/204061/337/Man-robbed-bank-for-1-to-cover-jail-health-care

Quote'd then be able to collect social security when he got out, and says he'd head for the beach.

"I've already looked at a condominium. I've spoken to a realtor, on Myrtle Beach," he said.

So... Universal Myrtle Beach Condominiums?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4066 on: June 20, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »

*JAILS & NURSING HOMES*

*Let's put the seniors in jail*

*and the criminals in nursing homes.*

*This would correct two things at once:

*A.**SENIORS IN JAIL:*

*1.*Seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
*2.*They would receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and
medical treatment, wheel chairs, etc.
*3.*They would receive money instead of having to pay it out.
*4.*They would have constant video monitoring, so they would be
helped instantly if they fell or needed assistance*.*
*5.*Bedding would be washed twice a week and all clothing would be
ironed and returned to them.
*6.*A guard would check on them every 20 minutes.
*7.*All meals and snacks would be brought to them
*8.*They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
*9.*They would have access to a library, weight/fitness room,
spiritual counseling, a pool and education.
*10.*Free admission to in-house concerts by nationally recognized
entertainment artists.
*11.*Simple clothing - i.e. shoes, slippers, PJ's - and legal aid
would be free, upon request.
*12.*There would be private, secure rooms provided for all with an
outdoor exercise yard complete with gardens.
*13.*Each senior would have a P.C., T.V., phone and radio in their
room at no cost.
*14.*They would receive daily phone calls.
*15.*There would be a board of directors to hear any complaints and
the ACLU would fight for their rights and protection.
*16.*The guards would have a code of conduct to be strictly adhered
to, with attorneys available, at no charge to protect the seniors
and their families from abuse or neglect.

*B**. **And for the Criminals (in Nursing Homes)*

*1.*They would receive cold food.
*2.* They would be left alone and unsupervised.
*3.* They would receive showers once a week.
*4.* They would live in tiny rooms, for which they would have to pay
$5,000 per month.
*5.*They would have no hope of ever getting out.
Sounds like justice to me!

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4067 on: June 20, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 20, 2011, 04:56:36 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/sidetracks/204061/337/Man-robbed-bank-for-1-to-cover-jail-health-care

Quote'd then be able to collect social security when he got out, and says he'd head for the beach.

"I've already looked at a condominium. I've spoken to a realtor, on Myrtle Beach," he said.

Frankly, I'd take prison over retiring to Myrtle Beach.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4068 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 20, 2011, 07:03:53 PM
Quote from: Brownie on June 20, 2011, 04:56:36 PM

Frankly, I'd take prison over retiring to Myrtle Beach.

I bet you would, Mr. Fabulous.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4069 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 20, 2011, 09:07:11 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/flight-risk-for-boeing/2011/06/17/AGH9Q5bH_story.html

QuoteEmployers who engage in unfair labor practices should be penalized. But the NLRB's move goes too far and would undermine a company's ability to consider all legitimate factors — including potential work disruptions — when making plans. It also substitutes the government's judgment for that of the company. This is neither good law nor good business

Yep.  The editors of the Washington Post get it.

Or they don't.

Legitimate business factors are fine.  Illegal and unlawful business considerations are not.  It is against the law for an employer to retaliate against employees for choosing to engage in protected concerted activity.  Striking is precisely that.

Besides, I imagine this would make you more angry: http://hosted2.ap.org/NMSAN/Politics/Article_2011-06-21-Union%20Elections/id-40d9ec7ff4424f5badcd864c0b16a6bc
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4070 on: June 21, 2011, 09:28:42 AM »

Jon Huntsman announced he's running for the GOP nomination.

He's intelligent, qualified and moderate.

In other words, doomed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4071 on: June 21, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 21, 2011, 09:23:59 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/flight-risk-for-boeing/2011/06/17/AGH9Q5bH_story.html

QuoteEmployers who engage in unfair labor practices should be penalized. But the NLRB's move goes too far and would undermine a company's ability to consider all legitimate factors — including potential work disruptions — when making plans. It also substitutes the government's judgment for that of the company. This is neither good law nor good business

Or they don't.

Legitimate business factors are fine.  Illegal and unlawful business considerations are not.  It is against the law for an employer to retaliate against employees for choosing to engage in protected concerted activity.  Striking is precisely that.

Besides, I imagine this would make you more angry: http://hosted2.ap.org/NMSAN/Politics/Article_2011-06-21-Union%20Elections/id-40d9ec7ff4424f5badcd864c0b16a6bc

QuoteThe law forbids employers from discriminating or retaliating against employees for lawful union activity. To prevail, an aggrieved party typically must show that the retaliation resulted in demotions, dismissals, wage reductions or other punitive measures. In Boeing's case, these reprisals are absent; the company also claims its collective bargaining agreement gives it the explicit and exclusive right to locate work where it wishes.

The allegation that the company "transferred" jobs out of state is unconvincing because the jobs in South Carolina are new. The company has not cut jobs in Washington, nor has it demoted or slashed the wages of union workers. Boeing has added about 3,000 — albeit temporary — jobs in Washington since it announced its South Carolina plans and says it is likely to add more to keep up with demand for its commercial airliners.

You seem so sure of yourself, and yet the facts of the case seem be so unsupportive... you use that word "retaliate" but I do not think it means what you think it means.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4072 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 21, 2011, 09:28:42 AM

In other words, doomed.

In Huntsman's time as Governor of Utah, he signed the largest tax cut in the history of the state, mandated parental consent for minors to get abortions, and implemented a school voucher program.

I'm glad to learn that you consider that a moderate record, Fork.  There might be hope for you yet.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4073 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 21, 2011, 09:33:11 AM

Or they don't.

QuoteThe law forbids employers from discriminating or retaliating against employees for lawful union activity. To prevail, an aggrieved party typically must show that the retaliation resulted in demotions, dismissals, wage reductions or other punitive measures. In Boeing's case, these reprisals are absent; the company also claims its collective bargaining agreement gives it the explicit and exclusive right to locate work where it wishes.

The allegation that the company "transferred" jobs out of state is unconvincing because the jobs in South Carolina are new. The company has not cut jobs in Washington, nor has it demoted or slashed the wages of union workers. Boeing has added about 3,000 — albeit temporary — jobs in Washington since it announced its South Carolina plans and says it is likely to add more to keep up with demand for its commercial airliners.

You seem so sure of yourself, and yet the facts of the case seem be so unsupportive... you use that word "retaliate" but I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yeah, those are the only three conditions for establishing retaliation.  Wow.  I'm so happy.  Maybe I don't need to work for the Board anymore, the Washington Post has it down pat.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4074 on: June 21, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 21, 2011, 09:41:33 AM
Quote from: morpheus on June 21, 2011, 09:33:11 AM

Or they don't.

Yeah, those are the only three conditions for establishing retaliation.  Wow.  I'm so happy.  Maybe I don't need to work for the Board anymore, the Washington Post has it down pat.

Maybe I should ask a lawyer?  [/Gilhurt]

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4075 on: June 21, 2011, 09:43:35 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on June 21, 2011, 09:41:14 AM

In other words, doomed.

In Huntsman's time as Governor of Utah, he signed the largest tax cut in the history of the state, mandated parental consent for minors to get abortions, and implemented a school voucher program.

I'm glad to learn that you consider that a moderate record, Fork.  There might be hope for you yet.

DPD.  In my rush to pokestick Gil I missed this one.  Well done, TEC.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4076 on: June 21, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »

In other words, doomed.

He's a Mormon.  Next please.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4077 on: June 21, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »

The NLRB is quashing corporate America's First Amendment right to counter the propaganda of union interlopers with slick and informative training videos?

I thought you supported freedom, Gil.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4078 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2011, 10:18:30 AM

In other words, doomed.

Also, he accepts that climate change is hai and humans just might have something to do with it, he supports some rights for teh gheys, and Gil likes him. He's got no chance.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4079 on: June 21, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 21, 2011, 10:33:32 AM
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2011, 10:18:30 AM

In other words, doomed.

Also, he accepts that climate change is hai and humans just might have something to do with it, he supports some rights for teh gheys, and Gil likes him. He's got no chance.

It doesn't help when his own campaign can't spell his name right: http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/06/huntsman-campaign-launch-begins-day-with-misspelling-of-his-own-name.html

Quote"Members of the media were handed a press pass that read 'John Huntsman for President' -- adding an unnecessary H in the candidate's first name."