News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,847 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4170 on: August 04, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »
How has Rick Perry not been karmically destroyed yet?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4171 on: August 04, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »
Well, on the plus side, Chris Christie is not tolerating stupid bullshit from anybody.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/chris-christie-smacks-down-the-sharia-crowd/2011/03/04/gIQARsBBuI_blog.html

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4172 on: August 04, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 04, 2011, 10:56:43 AM

If he keeps swapping furtive yet tender caresses with AFA, it may just be a matter of time.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4173 on: August 04, 2011, 04:25:39 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 04, 2011, 01:36:35 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 04, 2011, 10:56:43 AM

If he keeps swapping furtive yet tender caresses with AFA, it may just be a matter of time.

BC assures us that "Perry's baggage is minimal" compared to the rest of the GOP field.

So, yeah... he's clearly doomed.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4174 on: August 04, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »
Also: a generous 'holy shit' to Wheezer's link.

QuoteAs I have written before, God's word to ancient Israel was that a growing danger from wild animals is a sign of a nation in rebellion against God. "If you will not listen to me and will not do all these commandments...I will let loose the wild beasts against you, which shall bereave you of your children and destroy your livestock" (Leviticus 26:14, 22).

QuoteInstead of shooting these Jeffrey Dahmers of the animal kingdom, officials in Grand Teton National Park are now prohibiting people in cars from even watching grizzlies if they are less than 100 yards away.

So, God is sending the Jeffrey Dahmers of the animal kingdom on a mission to forcibly un-gay an America in rebellion against God? But big government is preventing Americans from shooting God's Jeffrey Dahmers with guns as God intended?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4175 on: August 05, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 04, 2011, 04:38:13 PM
Also: a generous 'holy shit' to Wheezer's link.

It's a seemingly bottomless pit. I mean, if Perry doesn't have much baggage, it's not for lack of packing.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4176 on: August 05, 2011, 12:53:02 AM »
Don't miss the live stream!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4177 on: August 05, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 05, 2011, 12:53:02 AM
Don't miss the live stream!

Cool.  Thanks!  Shouldn't this be in the "The Only Site..." thread, though?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4178 on: August 05, 2011, 07:03:35 PM »
The twitter is all aflutter reporting that S&P was preparing to downgrade the nation's debt as early as tonight. Reportedly, the downgrade message from S&P was to have taken congressional Republicans to task (or out to the woodshed, depending on your preferred cliche) for their opposition to tax increases.  The White House is pushing back against the report asserting that S&P made nearly 2 trillion dollars worth of errors in their computation.

Jake Tapper is all over this: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/08/govt-official-us-expecting-sp-downgrade.html

Yay! Enjoy the weekend.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4179 on: August 05, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »
DPD, but some of the comments on that article are awesome.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4180 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:12 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 05, 2011, 07:03:35 PM
The twitter is all aflutter reporting that S&P was preparing to downgrade the nation's debt as early as tonight. Reportedly, the downgrade message from S&P was to have taken congressional Republicans to task (or out to the woodshed, depending on your preferred cliche) for their opposition to tax increases.  The White House is pushing back against the report asserting that S&P made nearly 2 trillion dollars worth of errors in their computation.

Jake Tapper is all over this: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/08/govt-official-us-expecting-sp-downgrade.html

Yay! Enjoy the weekend.

Boom.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/06/us-usa-debt-downgrade-idUSTRE7746VF20110806

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4181 on: August 05, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
One of the reasons that the US and many other sovereigns have been able to maintain AAA ratings is that governments have the ability to raise taxes if hey need to raise revenue.  Given that on branch of the legislature has a majority that refuses to do that, the borrowing costs for the US government have now gone up. This means that we now have increased the deferred tax on future generations (debt) by capitalizing today's current interest.

Interest that is higher than it should be.

30 years of irresponsible government coming home to roost.

Something d-o-o economics.  Anyone?  Anyone?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4182 on: August 05, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/sp-downgrades-us-aa-outlook-negative-full-text

QuoteRepublicans and Democrats have only been able to agree to relatively modest savings on discretionary spending while delegating to the Select Committee decisions on more comprehensive measures. It appears that for now, new revenues have dropped down on the menu of policy options. In addition, the plan envisions only minor policy changes on Medicare and little change in other entitlements, the containment of which we and most other independent observers regard as key to long-term fiscal sustainability.

Sounds pretty evenhanded to me.  Doesn't seem like S&P played around back there behind either side.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4183 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:32 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 05, 2011, 08:40:25 PM
One of the reasons that the US and many other sovereigns have been able to maintain AAA ratings is that governments have the ability to raise taxes if hey need to raise revenue.  Given that on branch of the legislature has a majority that refuses to do that, the borrowing costs for the US government have now gone up. This means that we now have increased the deferred tax on future generations (debt) by capitalizing today's current interest.

DPD. "Keynesdoo economics?". Never heard that expression.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4184 on: August 05, 2011, 09:37:53 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 05, 2011, 09:23:32 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 05, 2011, 08:40:25 PM

DPD. "Keynesdoo economics?". Never heard that expression.

It's found near the Laugher Curve.