News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,847 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4200 on: August 09, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 09, 2011, 11:00:44 AM
Great stuff from Bruce Bartlett:

Those ... who look only at the increase in nominal revenues in the 1980s and attribute all of it to some Laffer curve effect are like roosters who think the sun rises because of their crowing. Philosophers call this logical fallacy post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Unfortunately, the focus on revenues has distracted attention from what I think is the greatest achievement of the Reagan tax cut: It not only didn't raise inflation, as almost all economists thought it would, but it also helped the economy transition from high inflation to low inflation at a remarkably low economic cost. In 1978 Brookings Institution economist Arthur Okun said that to bring the basic inflation rate down by 1 percentage point would cost 10 percent of a year's GNP.14 That suggests that the 8 percentage point fall of inflation between 1980 and 1982 should have cost the economy something like 80 percent of its real output, which obviously didn't happen. I think the tax cut deserves much of the credit.

Although I believe the Reagan tax cut was a success, it doesn't necessarily follow that its replication today would achieve similar results. For one thing, tax rates are much lower and revenues as a share of GDP are 4 percentage points lower than they were when Reagan took office. For another, the economy's principal problem now is a lack of aggregate demand, whereas in the early 1980s it was excess demand. Bracket creep was a serious problem that does not exist today. Consequently, the economy needs different policies today than were appropriate in 1981. Unfortunately, it's in the nature of politics that when a policy works once, there are those who will insist that the same cookiecutter approach be followed over and over again until the idea is beaten into dust.

We clearly need more tax cuts.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4201 on: August 09, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 09, 2011, 11:00:44 AM
Great stuff from Bruce Bartlett:

For another, the economy's principal problem now is a lack of aggregate demand, whereas in the early 1980s it was excess demand.

Nothing will get better until people start wrapping their heads around this very simple fact. There is a fear of over-taxing revenue creators, but the revenue won't be created from the supply side.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4202 on: August 09, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »
RV posted this in the shoutbox and it's beautiful...

http://bigjournalism.com/awrhawkins/2011/08/09/coach-ditka-praises-sarah-palin-again-but-mainstream-media-refuses-to-report-it-again/

QuoteWhen he stumped for Palin/McCain in 2008, Ditka said Palin "epitomizes all the good qualities of this country." He also called on audience members to put party affiliation and anything else that divided them aside long enough "put Country First" for a change. (Ditka lead by example by unashamedly admitting he was a Republican and a conservative, and most importantly, he said, "I am an American.")

Of course, I don't recall hearing Chris Matthews, Matt Lauer, or anyone in the MSM mention Ditka's kind words for the Governor in 2010 (nor do I remember them making fun of him for being a Republican). And since that was back in the days when Keith Olbermann still had a show, you'd at least think Ditka would have made the "Worst Person in the World" list.

But alas, just silence.

Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing them talk about Ditka's kind words for Palin on the campaign trail in 2008 either. (I've got a feeling Matthews, Lauer, and Olbermann would rather pick fights with people who don't fight back, and they all know Ditka isn't the type to just shut up and take it. That's why they fear him and that's why we love him.)

That's also why we love Palin.

For the record, I won't be expecting any MSM outlets to cover Ditka's most recent praise of Palin at all. They'll be too busy carrying water for Obama's sinking ship or talking about how great it is to see Eric Holder sue another state for passing legislation aimed at protecting their borders.

SPORTS!

Go ahead and Gil the comments...

QuoteI would love to see Coach and the three "Nancy Boys" put into a phone booth and see what happens, I'm sure that the tingle in Spittle boys leg would extend through his backbone through Lauer's ugly hair cut out through Olby's big a$$ mouth.

QuoteLamestream media conglomerate is just afraid of an old white man with huge hands who was and is capable of successfully motivating other men to victory. You know, leadership in Gov Palin and coach Ditka is something that is inborn. You either have it or you don't. No amount of slobbering on the part of brown nosing media is going to change it when it comes to chaiman 0.

QuoteOlbermann, Matthews, and Lauer never mention Mike Ditka's kind words about Sarah for one simple reason:

If Ditka ever got his hands on them, he'd tear their f__king heads off.

Mike Ditka could squirt a stream of p!ss clear through all three of these commies together, lined up one behind the other.

That's the difference between a man and a metro.

QuoteI remember Coach Ditka(whom I met in Champaign in 1984, as his Bears team was practicing for the Super Bowl) was asked several years ago to run for the Senate by the GOP. He was willing, but his wife Donna talked him out of it. Apparently, she was afraid he might beat up Fat Commie Kennedy or go over to the house and beat up Barney F*g. or he might have a heart attack after listening to Carl Marx Levin or Harry Greed. Good to see you havent lost your common sense , Coach. How, BTW, do you put up with those idiots at ESPN?

NO HOMO!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4203 on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 09, 2011, 06:32:13 PM

http://bigjournalism.com/awrhawkins/2011/08/09/coach-ditka-praises-sarah-palin-again-but-mainstream-media-refuses-to-report-it-again/

QuoteWhen he stumped for Palin/McCain in 2008, Ditka said Palin "epitomizes all the good qualities of this country." He also called on audience members to put party affiliation and anything else that divided them aside long enough "put Country First" for a change. (Ditka lead by example by unashamedly admitting he was a Republican and a conservative, and most importantly, he said, "I am an American.")

Of course, I don't recall hearing Chris Matthews, Matt Lauer, or anyone in the MSM mention Ditka's kind words for the Governor in 2010 (nor do I remember them making fun of him for being a Republican). And since that was back in the days when Keith Olbermann still had a show, you'd at least think Ditka would have made the "Worst Person in the World" list.

But alas, just silence.

Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing them talk about Ditka's kind words for Palin on the campaign trail in 2008 either. (I've got a feeling Matthews, Lauer, and Olbermann would rather pick fights with people who don't fight back, and they all know Ditka isn't the type to just shut up and take it. That's why they fear him and that's why we love him.)

For the record, I won't be expecting any MSM outlets to cover Ditka's most recent praise of Palin at all. They'll be too busy carrying water for Obama's sinking ship or talking about how great it is to see Eric Holder sue another state for passing legislation aimed at protecting their borders.

SPORTS!

QuoteI would love to see Coach and the three "Nancy Boys" put into a phone booth and see what happens, I'm sure that the tingle in Spittle boys leg would extend through his backbone through Lauer's ugly hair cut out through Olby's big a$$ mouth.

QuoteLamestream media conglomerate is just afraid of an old white man with huge hands who was and is capable of successfully motivating other men to victory. You know, leadership in Gov Palin and coach Ditka is something that is inborn. You either have it or you don't. No amount of slobbering on the part of brown nosing media is going to change it when it comes to chaiman 0.

QuoteOlbermann, Matthews, and Lauer never mention Mike Ditka's kind words about Sarah for one simple reason:

Mike Ditka could squirt a stream of p!ss clear through all three of these commies together, lined up one behind the other.

QuoteI remember Coach Ditka(whom I met in Champaign in 1984, as his Bears team was practicing for the Super Bowl) was asked several years ago to run for the Senate by the GOP. He was willing, but his wife Donna talked him out of it. Apparently, she was afraid he might beat up Fat Commie Kennedy or go over to the house and beat up Barney F*g. or he might have a heart attack after listening to Carl Marx Levin or Harry Greed. Good to see you havent lost your common sense , Coach. How, BTW, do you put up with those idiots at ESPN?

NO HOMO!

Did I miss something?  Does Keith Olbermann have a TV show again?

And why were the Bears practicing for the Super Bowl in Champaign in 1984?

This guy's story doesn't check out.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4204 on: August 09, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »

But alas, just silence.

SPORTS!

NO HOMO!

Holy shit are those comments golden. "Fat Commie Kennedy" is clear, concise, and to the point. I declare Gil's irrational love of comments: redeemed!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4205 on: August 09, 2011, 11:14:01 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 09, 2011, 08:18:37 PM

But alas, just silence.

SPORTS!

NO HOMO!

Olberman is on CURRENT TV.  He is opposite O"Donnell.  He hasn't changed the show a bit.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4206 on: August 10, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »

But alas, just silence.

SPORTS!

NO HOMO!

Also, Ditker's wife's name is Diane, not Donna.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4207 on: August 10, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2011, 06:44:17 AM

But alas, just silence.

SPORTS!

NO HOMO!

to be fair, I'm guessing Da Coach gets it wrong 50% of the time.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4208 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:55 AM »

But alas, just silence.

SPORTS!

NO HOMO!

You pussies are obviously just afraid of an old white man with huge hands.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4209 on: August 10, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 10, 2011, 08:24:55 AM

But alas, just silence.

SPORTS!

NO HOMO!

You pussies are obviously just afraid of an old white man with huge hands.

White?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4210 on: August 10, 2011, 09:21:15 AM »
White?

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4211 on: August 10, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4213 on: August 10, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
Who is that lady?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4214 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 10, 2011, 11:28:14 AM
Who is that lady?

Better question.  What is the surface temperature of the asteroid that just coliided with her?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)