News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,823 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4485 on: November 25, 2011, 06:06:55 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 25, 2011, 05:48:12 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 25, 2011, 05:37:37 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 25, 2011, 07:14:41 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 24, 2011, 09:25:05 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 24, 2011, 12:21:53 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on November 23, 2011, 11:20:04 PM
Now, this is impressive.

QuoteAnd, more importantly, they ignore at their peril the questionable academic work that went into this study, and the questionable language used by the professors that may be a red flag as to how much they are exaggerating the importance of their work. Take, for example, Professor Dan Cassino calling the finding"that only about half of the public can name one of the front-runners is embarrassing." Yes, that would be embarrassing for the American public– if half of 612 people in New Jersey, a state that represents about 0.002% of the American public, were representative of them.

To be fair, the front-runners are changing on a daily basis.

I think Wheezer was going for more of a "fucking statistics, how do they work?" thing.

Shit, that's easy. A small sample size from New Jersey is indicative of America as a whole.

We are all Snooki.

Hmmmm. I feel like you're still probably missing the point.

You mean I'm the only one that's Snooki around here? Shit.

Getting colder.

Edit: To be even clearer. That said, a NJ which accounts for only .002% of the population is obviously a step in the right direction.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4486 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 25, 2011, 06:06:55 PM
Now, this is impressive.

QuoteAnd, more importantly, they ignore at their peril the questionable academic work that went into this study, and the questionable language used by the professors that may be a red flag as to how much they are exaggerating the importance of their work. Take, for example, Professor Dan Cassino calling the finding"that only about half of the public can name one of the front-runners is embarrassing." Yes, that would be embarrassing for the American public– if half of 612 people in New Jersey, a state that represents about 0.002% of the American public, were representative of them.

I think Wheezer was going for more of a "fucking statistics, how do they work?" thing.

Shit, that's easy. A small sample size from New Jersey is indicative of America as a whole.

We are all Snooki.

Getting colder.

Edit: To be even clearer. That said, a NJ which accounts for only .002% of the population is obviously a step in the right direction.

That simply innumeracy is one problem with it.

Another issue, though, is the ignorance underlying the notion that a survey is automatically unrepresentative simply because they only talked to several hundred people in a nation of OVER 300 MILLION!

That's like... nothing percent! LOL.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4487 on: November 26, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 25, 2011, 06:36:38 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 25, 2011, 06:06:55 PM
Now, this is impressive.

We are all Snooki.

Getting colder.

That simply innumeracy is one problem with it.

Another issue, though, is the ignorance underlying the notion that a survey is automatically unrepresentative simply because they only talked to several hundred people in a nation of OVER 300 MILLION!

That's like... nothing percent! LOL.

Moreover, nobody ever asserted that "the public" being referred to was anything more general than the population being sampled. A sample of 617 from the adult population of New Jersey is certainly in the correct ballpark for a 3.5% margin of error and 95% confidence level.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4488 on: November 29, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
Wow.  Herman Cain's lawyer:

"No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life."

I guess this lawyer never read the Starr Report.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4489 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 29, 2011, 10:25:43 AM

"No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life."

That's your standard "Shit's waist deep and rising" statement.

Also: somethingsomethingCainpullingoutsomethingsomething
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4490 on: November 29, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 29, 2011, 10:50:33 AM

I'm just waiting for Herman Cain to call a press conference to say, "Fuck it. It's been fun but I'm going back to pizza where I can fuck all the hoes I want and no one gives a shit."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4491 on: November 29, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »

Jerry Sandusky agrees.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4492 on: November 29, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 29, 2011, 10:52:40 AM

I'm just waiting for Herman Cain to call a press conference to say, "Fuck it. It's been fun but I'm going back to pizza where I can fuck all the hoes I want and no one gives a shit."

You might not have to wait very long.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4493 on: November 29, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 29, 2011, 11:17:11 AM

This is what you call an admission by failure to deny when a denial is called for. 
"He did not address White's assertion directly and said Cain "has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media.

"Some things are fair game and some aren't," Wood told CNN in a telephone interview, adding that this was one that was off-limits. "You've got to draw the line somewhere."

The guy is toast.  Enough already.  Now please don't go into Newt's private life until he wins the nomination.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4494 on: November 29, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 29, 2011, 12:35:32 PM

This is what you call an admission by failure to deny when a denial is called for. 
"He did not address White's assertion directly and said Cain "has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media.

"Some things are fair game and some aren't," Wood told CNN in a telephone interview, adding that this was one that was off-limits. "You've got to draw the line somewhere."

The guy is toast.  Enough already.  Now please don't go into Newt's private life until he wins the nomination.

Newt loves America*

*as long as America doesn't have cancer.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4495 on: November 29, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 29, 2011, 01:51:52 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 29, 2011, 12:35:32 PM
Wow.  Herman Cain's lawyer:

The guy is toast.  Enough already.  Now please don't go into Newt's private life until he wins the nomination.

Newt loves America*

*as long Until as America doesn't have gets cancer.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4496 on: December 04, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4497 on: December 06, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4498 on: December 06, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4499 on: December 06, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-tsa-strip-searches-20111205,0,2669917,full.story

QuoteThree South Florida women, all elderly and with medical problems, say Transportation Security Administration officers made them take off their clothes during the screening process at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport last week.

All three, one with a defibrillator, one with a colostomy bag and the other with diabetes, say they were forced to disrobe in a private room at the same terminal.

"This was outrageous," Lenore Zimmerman, 84, who winters in the Wynmoor Village condominium complex in Coconut Creek, said on Monday. "For some reason, they decided I look like a terrorist."

The TSA says no improper strip searches were conducted – in that none of the women were improperly touched – and all standard protocols were followed...

Zimmerman said prior to catching a JetBlue flight to Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 29, she asked TSA officers to bypass the body scanner machine because has a defibrillator. She also requires a wheelchair while traveling.

She said she was taken to a private room and asked to take off her pants and underwear. She said officers wanted to see a back brace she needs to wear after recent spinal surgery.

"They didn't touch me, but they told me to pull my pants down," said Zimmerman, a widow, adding she felt humiliated. "My blood pressure after the incident was 189 over 90, and it shouldn't be that high."

She said she missed her 1 p.m. flight but caught one two and half hours later.

Linda Kallish, 66, of Boynton Beach, was scheduled to be on the same flight as Zimmerman. Because she is diabetic, she has a glucose monitor that checks her blood sugar every five minutes strapped to one leg and an insulin pump strapped on the other.

After she set off the metal detector, a female TSA officer ordered her into a private room and told her to take her pants off, Kallish said. She said the officer didn't touch her.

"So I took my pants off and showed it to her," Kallish said. "She just looked at it and said, 'Have a nice trip.'"

In a third case, Ruth Sherman, 88, of Sunrise, was returning home from New York on Nov. 29, when TSA officers noticed the bulge from her colostomy bag, accord to CBS News.

"This is private for me. It's bad enough that I have it. I had to pull it from my sweat pants and I had to pull my underwear down," she told a correspondent for WCBS, a New York television station. "You don't do that to anybody. I felt like I was invaded."

TSA officials noted whenever a person opts out of the body scanner, secondary screenings, including pat-downs, are conducted "in a manner that treats all passengers with dignity, respect and courtesy."

Intrepid Reader: PenFoe

"If these people have nothing to hide, then they have nothing to worry about. So drop your drawers, you old bag!"