News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,803 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5040 on: August 07, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 07, 2012, 02:23:47 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 07, 2012, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 07, 2012, 01:20:15 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 07, 2012, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 07, 2012, 12:30:38 PM
The Cheesecake Factory finally gets some recognition.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/08/13/120813fa_fact_gawande?currentPage=all

About time. I can't convey how overjoyed I was when they opened a restaurant in Buffalo.

Slowly I turned. Note to New Yorker: the small caps are even dumber than the fucking dieresis.

Oh, and fuck HCAHPS. You get a Z-pack if you need one, not because you want one.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I understand less than 1% of your posts.

Does Wheezer even like sports? How did he end up here?

It has something to do with moving into an apartment with poor shortwave radio reception or something, which forced him to start listening to Cubs games on WGN again. Or something.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5041 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 07, 2012, 02:30:26 PM
Quote from: Eli on August 07, 2012, 02:23:47 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 07, 2012, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on August 07, 2012, 01:20:15 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 07, 2012, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 07, 2012, 12:30:38 PM
The Cheesecake Factory finally gets some recognition.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/08/13/120813fa_fact_gawande?currentPage=all

About time. I can't convey how overjoyed I was when they opened a restaurant in Buffalo.

Slowly I turned. Note to New Yorker: the small caps are even dumber than the fucking dieresis.

Oh, and fuck HCAHPS. You get a Z-pack if you need one, not because you want one.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I understand less than 1% of your posts.

Does Wheezer even like sports? How did he end up here?

It has something to do with moving into an apartment with poor shortwave radio reception or something, which forced him to start listening to Cubs games on WGN again. Or something.

That, in a nutshell, is it. I think the actual vector (fomite, perhaps) was a Sosa Dose.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5042 on: August 07, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/08/07/158320294/one-clue-to-romneys-veep-pick-whose-wiki-page-is-getting-the-most-edits

QuoteTech President reminds us that one way to possibly figure out who will be a vice presidential pick is to watch the various contenders' Wikipedia pages in the days before such an announcement is likely.

In 2008, as The Washington Post wrote at the time, "just hours before [Sen. John] McCain declared his veep choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, her Wiki page saw a flurry of activity, with editors adding details about her approval rating and husband's employment. ... Palin's entry was updated at least 68 times, with at least an additional 54 changes made to her entry over the preceding five days."

Meanwhile, the Post said, "on Aug. 22, the day before the Obama campaign officially named [then-Sen. Joe] Biden as the veep pick, Biden's Wiki page garnered roughly 40 changes. Over the five days prior, users would make at least 111 other changes to his entry."

The obvious — in hindsight — implications of the Wiki activity: Aides were going into the entries to tune them up and clean out any material that was either embarrassing or erroneous.

So what's going on now with some of those said to be among the leading possibilities to be joining Mitt Romney on the Republican ticket?

— Ohio Sen. Rob Portman's Wiki page has been revised 16 times so far today, by someone called "River8009."

— Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's Wiki page has been revised nine times so far today and 11 times from Aug. 2-6.

— Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty's Wiki page has been tweaked four times today.

— Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan's Wiki page has been edited once today, and 11 times from Aug. 2-6.

— Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wiki page hasn't been edited today, but was revised eight times from Aug. 3-4.

— New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte's Wiki page has not been touched today. It was last revised on July 28.

— New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's Wiki page hasn't been revised since July 24.

In unrelated news, Gil has reportedly been out of the country since the end of July.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5043 on: August 07, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 07, 2012, 04:51:48 PM
In unrelated news, Gil has reportedly been out of the country since the end of July.

Oh, I have my guesses.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5044 on: August 07, 2012, 07:41:51 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 07, 2012, 04:51:48 PM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/08/07/158320294/one-clue-to-romneys-veep-pick-whose-wiki-page-is-getting-the-most-edits

QuoteTech President reminds us that one way to possibly figure out who will be a vice presidential pick is to watch the various contenders' Wikipedia pages in the days before such an announcement is likely.

In 2008, as The Washington Post wrote at the time, "just hours before [Sen. John] McCain declared his veep choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, her Wiki page saw a flurry of activity, with editors adding details about her approval rating and husband's employment. ... Palin's entry was updated at least 68 times, with at least an additional 54 changes made to her entry over the preceding five days."

Meanwhile, the Post said, "on Aug. 22, the day before the Obama campaign officially named [then-Sen. Joe] Biden as the veep pick, Biden's Wiki page garnered roughly 40 changes. Over the five days prior, users would make at least 111 other changes to his entry."

The obvious — in hindsight — implications of the Wiki activity: Aides were going into the entries to tune them up and clean out any material that was either embarrassing or erroneous.

So what's going on now with some of those said to be among the leading possibilities to be joining Mitt Romney on the Republican ticket?

— Ohio Sen. Rob Portman's Wiki page has been revised 16 times so far today, by someone called "River8009."

— Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's Wiki page has been revised nine times so far today and 11 times from Aug. 2-6.

— Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty's Wiki page has been tweaked four times today.

— Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan's Wiki page has been edited once today, and 11 times from Aug. 2-6.

— Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wiki page hasn't been edited today, but was revised eight times from Aug. 3-4.

— New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte's Wiki page has not been touched today. It was last revised on July 28.

— New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's Wiki page hasn't been revised since July 24.

I LOL'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5045 on: August 07, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 04, 2012, 09:03:20 AM

Quotemen's basketball:

will selfless play by outspoken Christian Kevin Durant overcome ball-hogging by Overrated Sports Stars Kobe Bryant and LeBron James on USA Basketball?

If only LeBron would pass more instead of always trying to be the hero. Sigh....
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5046 on: August 10, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Gil was wrong.

It's Paul Ryan.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5047 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:50 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 10, 2012, 11:18:00 PM
Gil was wrong.

It's Paul Ryan.

If Paul Ryan is so amazing as the Internet says he is right now, why isn't he running for President?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5048 on: August 11, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 10, 2012, 11:23:50 PM
Gil was wrong.

It's Paul Ryan.

If Paul Ryan is so amazing as the Internet says he is right now, why isn't he running for President?

Because he's going to run in 2016. Dur...

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5049 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Gil was wrong.

It's Paul Ryan.

If nothing else, this should go a long way towards winning back the Beltway media vote. They love them some Paul Ryan baby blues.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5050 on: August 11, 2012, 09:29:52 AM »
Wait! Ryan's running now!

http://youtu.be/FKJjkP6AJqQ

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5051 on: August 11, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 11, 2012, 09:29:52 AM
Wait! Ryan's running now!

http://youtu.be/FKJjkP6AJqQ

If Romney can retroactively retire, why can't he also preemptively resign?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5053 on: August 11, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5054 on: August 11, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
Ryan's appeal is to the far right, a group that -- while they don't like Romney -- already hates Obama. How does this help Mitt?