News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,858 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5070 on: August 16, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 16, 2012, 10:37:05 AM
Quote from: Brownie on August 16, 2012, 10:20:07 AM
Is Biden getting the pink slip today?

Why?

He's too much of a distraction for his boss, who might also think that his Secretary of State would provide some extra juice to make up for the enthusiasm gap this year.

Obama's schedule today was a private meeting with Biden, followed by a private meeting with Hillary followed by a private lunch with Biden. Other than the cash burn involved with rebranding Obama-Biden with Obama-Clinton, perhaps she would re-energize the race. Also, Biden's freelancing with the "Y'all are gonna be put back in chains, yo" and invoking Paul Ryan's dead father, etc. is a bit embarrassing for his boss, who earned the nickname "No Drama Obama" for being so disciplined on the trail. Hillary would provide some discipline, might shut her husband up, and give him some more bite in the swing states.

For the sake of Romney/Ryan, I hope Biden keeps his spot on the ticket.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5071 on: August 16, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5072 on: August 16, 2012, 11:09:26 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 16, 2012, 10:55:18 AM

Why?

He's too much of a distraction for his boss, who might also think that his Secretary of State would provide some extra juice to make up for the enthusiasm gap this year.

Obama's schedule today was a private meeting with Biden, followed by a private meeting with Hillary followed by a private lunch with Biden. Other than the cash burn involved with rebranding Obama-Biden with Obama-Clinton, perhaps she would re-energize the race. Also, Biden's freelancing with the "Y'all are gonna be put back in chains, yo" and invoking Paul Ryan's dead father, etc. is a bit embarrassing for his boss, who earned the nickname "No Drama Obama" for being so disciplined on the trail. Hillary would provide some discipline, might shut her husband up, and give him some more bite in the swing states.

It'd be a risky move though, and could be seen as desperate. Despite Biden being a bit of a doofus, Obama isn't really in a position right now where he needs to look desperate or shake anything up.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5073 on: August 16, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »

Why?

DPD.

The basic GOP strategy has been to try transferring their greatest weknesses onto Obama. Ryan was a stinker of a pick - the VP pick can only harm a ticket, or leave it unaffected. Ryan hurts the ticket by bringing the Ryan Budget into sharper focus, along with Ryan's legislative history of rubberstamping spending increases while the GOP held the pursestrings. So, try painting Biden as a liability.

So they send the attack dogs on Biden. Today Mayor Ballpark attacked Biden, saying he has "never been bright". Although, this is tasty butthurt, since Biden pretty much torpedoed Giuliani's entire campaign with the "noun, verb, and 9/11" line.

If Obama was going to replace Biden with Hillary, it would have been months ago. Not when there's more money being spent in Ohio to beat Sherrod Brown than there is to beat Obama. He'll be coasting after the Conventions.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5074 on: August 16, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »

There's any easy way to get Biden off the ticket that's face saving for everyone.  Biden has had surgery for two brain aneurysms.

At this point, Obama-Clinton would be a cinch for re-election so long as employment growth reports between now and the election are +100,000 each report.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5075 on: August 16, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

Why?

Let me guess, these secrets meetings you know about, your source is the drudge report?
Que red sounding alarms!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5076 on: August 16, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
Quote from: BH on August 16, 2012, 11:38:34 AM

Why?

Let me guess, these secrets meetings you know about, your source is the drudge report?
Que red sounding alarms!

They're not secret meetings, just closed-door meetings.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5077 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 16, 2012, 11:46:22 AM

Why?

Que red sounding alarms!

Where else besides drudge, who links to the weekly standard is this being followed?
Does anyone actually think they'd make this change now?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5078 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »

Why?

Que red sounding alarms!

I'm sure that meeting with the Secretary of State, followed by lunch with the Vice President (who was chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee previously) is all about scrapping the ticket, and Egypt, Syria, and Netanyahu's raging WARBONER won't be on the docket at all.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5079 on: August 16, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 16, 2012, 11:54:42 AM

Why?

Que red sounding alarms!

Where else besides drudge, who links to the weekly standard is this being followed?
I would prefer that someone other than Biden or Ryan was a heartbeat away from being president of the U.S.  
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5080 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »

Why?

Que red sounding alarms!

I'm just trying to imagine the level of foaming at the mouth during the RNC if this were to happen.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5081 on: August 16, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

Why?

Que red sounding alarms!

The Weekly Standard is where I saw it. As for who's following it, Axelrod and Jay Carney each addressed questions on this the last couple of days.

Eli's and Chuck's analysis are probably most spot-on. "Firing" Biden would look desperate unless he's being replaced because of health reasons.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5082 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 16, 2012, 12:09:39 PM
Axelrod and Jay Carney each addressed questions on this the last couple of days.

Who was doing the asking?
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5083 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:44 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 16, 2012, 11:10:36 AM
If Obama was going to replace Biden with Hillary, it would have been months ago.

This.

It's not like Biden's propensity for saying stupid shit (and/or reasonable shit stupidly) is news to anyone.

If these tendencies were seen as such a liability, they would have removed him from the ticket early on and in a way that didn't seem totally reactive.

And only Chuck could think that the health excuse would go over at this stage in the game.

Quote from: Fork on August 16, 2012, 12:02:27 PM
I'm sure that meeting with the Secretary of State, followed by lunch with the Vice President (who was chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee previously) is all about scrapping the ticket, and Egypt, Syria, and Netanyahu's raging WARBONER won't be on the docket at all.

Fork is right × 2.

What the fuck, you guys?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5084 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 16, 2012, 11:02:42 AM
Quote from: Tonker on August 16, 2012, 10:46:34 AM

Why?

His daddy just bought him a little Deuce Coupe.

Much appreciated.

I don't know whether Fork being the only person who appreciated my little joke there is a good thing or not.  Nonetheless, thanks, mate - for a while there it was like I'd wet my pants in a dark suit.  It gave me a warm feeling, but nobody else noticed.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.