News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,877 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5445 on: October 26, 2012, 10:57:37 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 26, 2012, 10:42:06 AM
I'm enjoying the people bitching about traffic and the airport and the like because Obama flew in to vote.

Yes, your shitty flight is more important than the president voting. Get over your worthless life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that better? Citizenry's complaints about their worthless lives are to be disregarded, but the inconveniences caused by the President's need to drop in on a Thursday afternoon at rush hour so he can cast the all-important votes for Bobby Rush, Barbara Flynn Currie and electrical aggregation a few days early should trump all!

When is it ok for the president to visit his hometown? Or is it not ok when he's a democrat?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5446 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 26, 2012, 10:57:37 AM
I'm enjoying the people bitching about traffic and the airport and the like because Obama flew in to vote.

Yes, your shitty flight is more important than the president voting. Get over your worthless life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that better? Citizenry's complaints about their worthless lives are to be disregarded, but the inconveniences caused by the President's need to drop in on a Thursday afternoon at rush hour so he can cast the all-important votes for Bobby Rush, Barbara Flynn Currie and electrical aggregation a few days early should trump all!

When is it ok for the president to visit his hometown? Or is it not ok when he's a democrat?

I didn't hear about any trips to Nairobi.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5447 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »
Barack Obama should just stay in the White House and never go outside.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5448 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »

I'm not even bothered by the complaining, people can piss and moan all they want. I'm bothered by the woeful unfunniness of zingers like The One and The King. Leave that bush league hackery to puds like John Kass - you're better and funnier than that, TJ.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5449 on: October 26, 2012, 11:10:44 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 26, 2012, 10:57:37 AM

It's perfectly OK to visit his hometown, and honestly, I wish he'd be here more often. I'm just wondering why the wouldn't find a time and a location more convenient for everybody, as after all, isn't early voting (or absentee voting as Pen pointed out) all about convenience? He could have hopped off his plane on the tarmac, and voted at a Northwest side early voting location. He could have voted on Saturday morning. When is he planning on coming into town on Election Day? He has until 7 pm on Election Day, although his polling place is, weirdly, a Mormon Church.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook earlier this week that Paul Ryan's motorcade SHUT DOWN I-75/85 through downtown Atlanta during rush hour. D-U-M-B. Shame on both guys' advance teams for not thinking more clearly about the great unwashed.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5450 on: October 26, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 26, 2012, 10:45:56 AM

How about, it's 2012, why don't you post a video of yourself filling out your mail-in ballot to YouTube where you'll reach a broader audience than the 6 o'clock news anyway? (assuming your method of distribution isn't our YouTube thread.)

Because his campaign is pushing early voting in a big way as a part of their GOTV strategy. Not absentee voting. Early voting.

So, they have a photo op of him doing so himself: the first President in history to vote early in person. As lame as that may be as far as Presidential milestones go, it's still an attempt to find a newscycle hook to advance their campaign strategy.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5451 on: October 26, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 26, 2012, 11:10:44 AM
...although his polling place is, weirdly, a Mormon Church.

OK. That's kind of funny.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5454 on: October 26, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5455 on: October 26, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 26, 2012, 12:12:51 PM
Can this be real?

http://grist.org/list/gop-candidate-my-opponent-believes-in-global-warming-and-has-been-to-other-countries-he-is-basically-a-monster/

Well, I think the ad is trying to promote the idea that she has been in South Dakota, living like other South Dakotans while he has been everywhere but South Dakota promoting cap-and-trade which can't be popular in the booming energy industry in the Dakotas (and binge drinking). If the ad were 2 minutes shorter, it might even be effective.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5456 on: October 26, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »
I can't believe in all this discussion of motorcades shutting down expressways, nobody (and I'm looking mainly at Huey) brought up that fucking horrible Gary Meier/WGN Radio commercial.

I hate you, Gary Meier.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5457 on: October 26, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 26, 2012, 09:15:24 PM
I can't believe in all this discussion of motorcades shutting down expressways, nobody (and I'm looking mainly at Huey) brought up that fucking horrible Gary Meier/WGN Radio commercial.

I hate you, Gary Meier.

It's Garry, with 2 "R"'s, and I've always hated him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5458 on: October 27, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 26, 2012, 09:51:12 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 26, 2012, 09:15:24 PM

I hate you, Gary Meier.

It's Garry, with 2 "R"'s, and I've always hated him.

GARY MEIER DOES NOT DESERVE CORRECT SPELLING!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5459 on: October 30, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16