News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,853 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5475 on: November 01, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
Our favorite painter's newest work:

QuoteThis painting is a tribute to Rev. C L. Bryant, a man who holds the "torch of liberty" and unlocks the chains that bind millions of Black Americans today.

QuoteSo, is Black America free at last? Is it possible that a man can be enslaved in other ways besides chains and shackles? Do shouts for affirmative action and government intervention really help the black community?‰

My position is that the Democratic Party has brought the demise of Black America.  Currently, 95% of all blacks vote Democrat, and yet what do they have to show for it?  25% of blacks suffer from poverty conditions. 16% of blacks are unemployed and 30% of all abortions are black babies. Also, a majority of our inmates are Black Americans.

http://www.jonmcnaughton.com/runaway-slave/
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5476 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 01, 2012, 12:36:10 PM
Quote from: R-V on November 01, 2012, 09:23:54 AM
Quote from: morpheus on November 01, 2012, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 31, 2012, 07:47:42 PM
INTERACTIVE!!!  Now you can attempt to make Mitt Romney's tax plan add up.  Bear in mind, there are some tax increases on this chart, so beware of bearded men named Grover.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/31/interactive-make-mitt-romneys-tax-plan-add-up/

Perhaps they can come up with a similar app for Obama's plan?  That is, when he gets around to making one that I like?

Fixed.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/cutting.pdf

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/2013-Budget-Introduction.cfm

Almost fixed.  Should read "I like, or even one member of Congress would vote for."

One of two things just happened.  Either you didn't read past the headlines or you're being incredibly disingenuous.  Either way, holy shit, dude.

White House officials said Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), the sponsor of the alternative, was using Obama's top-line spending and revenue numbers as a budget proposal, without any specifics. On the House floor, Budget Committee Ranking Member Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) agreed that Mulvaney's amendment was not, in fact, Obama's entire budget proposal.

"This is politics at its absolute worst: presenting something as the President's budget without the policy detail, without the explanation to the American people about what's in the President's budget," he said. "And as a result, he presents a very misleading version of what the President has asked us to do."

The White House sought to provide cover for Democrats to vote against the Obama budget resolution before the vote, arguing the resolution offered by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was different from Obama's budget because it did not include policy report language.

Democrats made the same point on the floor Wednesday in explaining their votes.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5477 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 02, 2012, 08:26:10 AM
INTERACTIVE!!!  Now you can attempt to make Mitt Romney's tax plan add up.  Bear in mind, there are some tax increases on this chart, so beware of bearded men named Grover.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/31/interactive-make-mitt-romneys-tax-plan-add-up/

Perhaps they can come up with a similar app for Obama's plan?  That is, when he gets around to making one that I like?

Fixed.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/cutting.pdf

Almost fixed.  Should read "I like, or even one member of Congress would vote for."

One of two things just happened.  Either you didn't read past the headlines or you're being incredibly disingenuous.  Either way, holy shit, dude.

White House officials said Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), the sponsor of the alternative, was using Obama's top-line spending and revenue numbers as a budget proposal, without any specifics. On the House floor, Budget Committee Ranking Member Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) agreed that Mulvaney's amendment was not, in fact, Obama's entire budget proposal.

"This is politics at its absolute worst: presenting something as the President's budget without the policy detail, without the explanation to the American people about what's in the President's budget," he said. "And as a result, he presents a very misleading version of what the President has asked us to do."

The White House sought to provide cover for Democrats to vote against the Obama budget resolution before the vote, arguing the resolution offered by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was different from Obama's budget because it did not include policy report language.

Plus, if Morph had actually read the article, he would of pointed this out.

"This is the only bipartisan budget that the House of Representatives will be able to consider in this budget cycle," Cooper said. "This is the first time that a Bowles-Simpson budget has been allowed on the floor of the House or the Senate. This is an historic night, and I hope that members will appreciate this opportunity."
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5478 on: November 02, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 02, 2012, 10:18:18 AM

Fixed.

Plus, if Morph had actually read the article, he would of pointed this out.

"This is the only bipartisan budget that the House of Representatives will be able to consider in this budget cycle," Cooper said. "This is the first time that a Bowles-Simpson budget has been allowed on the floor of the House or the Senate. This is an historic night, and I hope that members will appreciate this opportunity."

We really are, literally, trying to make Pank's head explode, aren't we?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5479 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »

Fixed.

No, I simply read that as the White House providing political cover for voting against the budget.  Pretty sure that's what it was, since that's what was reported by The Hill. Are you telling me that if the "explanations" were included but the numbers didn't change, then suddenly they'd all fall in line and vote for it?  Because I doubt that very much.  The math of the Obama budget is pretty simple, and it involves ever-increasing debts and deficits, even under the CBO's scoring system. This is not a plan to address the fiscal problems in this country, which is what I believe RV was calling it when he brought it up.  It's a punt.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5480 on: November 02, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 02, 2012, 10:46:25 AM
No, I simply read that as the White House providing political cover for voting against the budget.  Pretty sure that's what it was, since that's what was reported by The Hill. Are you telling me that if the "explanations" were included but the numbers didn't change, then suddenly they'd all fall in line and vote for it?  Because I doubt that very much.  The math of the Obama budget is pretty simple, and it involves ever-increasing debts and deficits, even under the CBO's scoring system. This is not a plan to address the fiscal problems in this country, which is what I believe RV was calling it when he brought it up.  It's a punt.

But again, I think people are wary of Romney because he hasn't offered up any sort of plan other than, "I'm good at running businesses and I would run the country like a business." And since running a nation is not really comparable to running a business, that doesn't count.

I understand that you disagree with Obama's plan, and that's fine. But the alternative is Romney's big, empty non-specific set of platitudes, and I fail to see how that's any better.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5481 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »

Fixed.

I wasn't even commenting on the merits of Obama's plan. You said he didn't have one for taxes, which is wrong. I was just pointing out that his budget includes details on both his taxing and spending plans.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5482 on: November 02, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 02, 2012, 10:54:33 AM

But again, I think people are wary of Romney because he hasn't offered up any sort of plan other than, "I'm good at running businesses and I would run the country like a business." And since running a nation is not really comparable to running a business, that doesn't count.

I understand that you disagree with Obama's plan, and that's fine. But the alternative is Romney's big, empty non-specific set of platitudes, and I fail to see how that's any better.

I'm still not convinced that anyone even likes Romney. He's just not Obama.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5483 on: November 02, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »

Besides, where have we heard about running the country like a business before?

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5484 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 02, 2012, 11:10:18 AM

This feels familiar.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5485 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 02, 2012, 11:15:10 AM

This feels familiar.

Extremely.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5486 on: November 02, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 02, 2012, 11:16:57 AM
Quote from: PenPho on November 02, 2012, 11:15:10 AM

This feels familiar.

Extremely.

You guys just don't understand tax laws and the economy like Morph does.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5487 on: November 02, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
Any takers for an election night betting game, sans money?

Basically there are five tiers: (1) 13 POTUS Swing States; (2) 13 Senate Races; (3) 10 House Races; (4) 3 Gubernatorial Races; and (5) 5 ballot measures.

You pick the winner and the margin of victory.  Each correct guess in tier 1 yields 5 points, tier 2 four points, etc., etc.  The person with the highest point total is the winner.  Ties are broken by the person with the highest number of correctly picked winners with the MoV.

Yes, I know this is exceedingly boring and nerdy.  But if you plan on watching the election returns, it's just another added way to watch and participate, rather than throwing things at televisions when the returns don't go your way (or your candidate's party hasn't stolen enough votes from electronic machines or committed enough in-person voter fraud).

PM me if you want the Word document I prepared.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5488 on: November 02, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 02, 2012, 11:38:42 AM
Any takers for an election night betting game, sans money?

Basically there are five tiers: (1) 13 POTUS Swing States; (2) 13 Senate Races; (3) 10 House Races; (4) 3 Gubernatorial Races; and (5) 5 ballot measures.

You pick the winner and the margin of victory.  Each correct guess in tier 1 yields 5 points, tier 2 four points, etc., etc.  The person with the highest point total is the winner.  Ties are broken by the person with the highest number of correctly picked winners with the MoV.

Yes, I know this is exceedingly boring and nerdy.  But if you plan on watching the election returns, it's just another added way to watch and participate, rather than throwing things at televisions when the returns don't go your way (or your candidate's party hasn't stolen enough votes from electronic machines or committed enough in-person voter fraud).

PM me if you want the Word document I prepared.

Fantasy Elections?

This is exceedingly more interesting to me than the actual elections. 

So, hell yeah I'm in.

I know, I know. I'll PM.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5489 on: November 02, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »

This this this this this this this this this this.  THIS, FER CHRISSAKES!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.