News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,823 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5490 on: November 02, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 02, 2012, 11:38:42 AM
Any takers for an election night betting game, sans money?

Basically there are five tiers: (1) 13 POTUS Swing States; (2) 13 Senate Races; (3) 10 House Races; (4) 3 Gubernatorial Races; and (5) 5 ballot measures.

You pick the winner and the margin of victory.  Each correct guess in tier 1 yields 5 points, tier 2 four points, etc., etc.  The person with the highest point total is the winner.  Ties are broken by the person with the highest number of correctly picked winners with the MoV.

Yes, I know this is exceedingly boring and nerdy.  But if you plan on watching the election returns, it's just another added way to watch and participate, rather than throwing things at televisions when the returns don't go your way (or your candidate's party hasn't stolen enough votes from electronic machines or committed enough in-person voter fraud).

PM me if you want the Word document I prepared.

This is the Gillest post in the history of Gildom.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5491 on: November 02, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 02, 2012, 12:13:22 PM

Basically there are five tiers: (1) 13 POTUS Swing States; (2) 13 Senate Races; (3) 10 House Races; (4) 3 Gubernatorial Races; and (5) 5 ballot measures.

You pick the winner and the margin of victory.  Each correct guess in tier 1 yields 5 points, tier 2 four points, etc., etc.  The person with the highest point total is the winner.  Ties are broken by the person with the highest number of correctly picked winners with the MoV.

Yes, I know this is exceedingly boring and nerdy.  But if you plan on watching the election returns, it's just another added way to watch and participate, rather than throwing things at televisions when the returns don't go your way (or your candidate's party hasn't stolen enough votes from electronic machines or committed enough in-person voter fraud).

It could be Giller if there were comments at the bottom of the Word doc for Gilling.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5492 on: November 02, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 02, 2012, 12:56:52 PM

It could be Giller if there were comments at the bottom of the Word doc for Gilling.

Now I will add a comment section to the bottom of the Word doc when I get home.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5493 on: November 02, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5494 on: November 02, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5495 on: November 02, 2012, 01:31:02 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 02, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
There's sum ting wong with Betty Sutton's policies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/ohio-republican-mailer-china_n_2065861.html?1351878761

"Betty Sutton's views are too slanted for Ohio."
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5496 on: November 02, 2012, 01:44:07 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on November 02, 2012, 01:31:02 PM
Quote from: R-V on November 02, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
There's sum ting wong with Betty Sutton's policies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/ohio-republican-mailer-china_n_2065861.html?1351878761

"Betty Sutton's views are too slanted for Ohio."

They're heading down a dangerous slope.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5497 on: November 02, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »
Dick Morris, known food aficianado, two days ago:
QuoteOnce everyone discovers that the emperor has no clothes (or that Obama has no argument after the negative ads stopped working), the vote shift could be of historic proportions.

An article entitled Here comes the landslide

Dick Morris, known bloviator, today:
QuoteWith that caution in mind, a danger signal comes from the latest Rasmussen Poll reflecting a two point gain for Obama. Whereas before the storm, Rasmussen showed Romney two ahead, he now has the race tied at 48-48. That is troublesome.  And, in Pennsylvania, Romney led on Wednesday night by two points but on Thursday night's polling, he was tied. We have also seem slippage for Romney in Michigan.  More troubling, Rasmussen shows a two point gain for Obama in job approval rising from 48% to 50% in the current poll.

I think airport windsocks have better consistency.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5498 on: November 03, 2012, 09:12:56 AM »
Relocated to the correct thread.  Fucking Congress.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5499 on: November 05, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »

Oh I think I could out-do that one.  How about this?

The polls in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire open and close in about 2 hours.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5500 on: November 05, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 05, 2012, 09:10:10 PM

You didn't add a gratuitous West Wing reference, so I'm sticking with the former.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5501 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5502 on: November 05, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 05, 2012, 09:40:44 PM

You didn't add a gratuitous West Wing reference, so I'm sticking with the former.

TIE!!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5503 on: November 05, 2012, 11:38:30 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 05, 2012, 11:33:12 PM

TIE!!!

WHERE'S YOUR MESSIAH NOW, NATE SILVER?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5504 on: November 06, 2012, 07:13:35 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 05, 2012, 11:38:30 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 05, 2012, 11:33:12 PM

TIE!!!

WHERE'S YOUR MESSIAH NOW, NATE SILVER?

Meanwhile, in Hart's Location, NH, Obama wins 23 to 9.  Johnson nets 2.