News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hope Springs  ( 753 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hope Springs
« on: August 19, 2012, 12:00:24 PM »
Even at our advanced age Mrs. Cubbieblue and I lowered the average age in the packed theater last night.  Like The Most Exotic Marigold Hotel movie, this one was made for my age group, and specifically married couples in my age group.  That should not deter someone who is interested in the personality of long term marriages from seeing this movie.  It provides a lot of insights without bashing you on the head with them.  At least not bashing you overly hard with them.  Tommy Lee Jones plays his type cast part to perfection.  Meryl Streep defies typecasting.  She is great in almost everything that she does.  (Prairie Home Companion being the major exception for me.  But I have heard others extolling her singing in that movie.)  Steve Carell adds a new dimension in a serious role without a single gag line.  The most memorable thing about the movie, at least for Mrs. Cubbieblue and me was that Tommy Lee Jones is probably one of the ugliest gargoyles to ever be given a leading role.  I can't believe that the production crew was oblivious to that.  But the funniest parts of the movie, as well as the most serious, were Lee's facial expressions.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)