News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,876 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1455 on: April 27, 2015, 07:43:28 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 27, 2015, 07:03:19 PM
Watching the Rays/Yankees game tonight, just got to hear Dewayne Staats wax nostalgic for "old" stats with Brian Anderson.

Paraphrasing...

QuoteDidja see [Teixeira] is leading the league in isolated power. What does that even mean? He's isolated so nobody talks to him? That he's a loner? Everybody talks to him. He's well-liked. ... That's what I dislike about all the new stats. How they just get pushed out there with no explanation. ... I like the old stats because I sort of am one. ... Isolated power -- does that mean he's the only power?!? ... [Something even more incoherent about "new math"]

"New" stats. So complicated!

He already pre-empted any puns on his name by making his own. Veteran move.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1456 on: April 29, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »
Chris Rongey doing play-by-play on the Sox radio broadcast this afternoon makes Ron Coomer sound like Vin Scully. His pregnant pauses in the middle of plays are painful, especially in that empty ballpark where you can't even tell if it's a positive or negative play for the home team. Why do I care? I have Ubaldo Jimenez on my fake baseball team and I usually enjoy the sweet sounds of Snork getting his set on fire like a CVS store. Not as much today.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1457 on: May 02, 2015, 03:05:56 AM »
Hub Arkush twisting himself into verbal pretzels telling us how not homophobic he is. Hour 4 starting at 6:40 on the Boers & Bernstein podcast. Anyone hear that?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1458 on: May 02, 2015, 07:28:22 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 02, 2015, 03:05:56 AM
Hub Arkush twisting himself into verbal pretzels telling us how not homophobic he is. Hour 4 starting at 6:40 on the Boers & Bernstein podcast. Anyone hear that?

Of course not.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1459 on: May 02, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 02, 2015, 07:28:22 AM

Of course not.

What kind of fucking idiots do you take us for, Sterling?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1460 on: May 02, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 02, 2015, 08:09:14 AM

Of course not.

They don't seem to cover Chicago very much out here for some reason. I accept your scorn.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1461 on: May 02, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 02, 2015, 12:16:44 PM
Quote from: Bort on May 02, 2015, 08:09:14 AM

Of course not.

They don't seem to cover Chicago very much out here for some reason. I accept your scorn.

Welcome to San Francisco, the hometown of homers.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1462 on: May 04, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 29, 2015, 02:32:56 PM
Chris Rongey doing play-by-play on the Sox radio broadcast this afternoon makes Ron Coomer sound like Vin Scully. His pregnant pauses in the middle of plays are painful, especially in that empty ballpark where you can't even tell if it's a positive or negative play for the home team. Why do I care? I have Ubaldo Jimenez on my fake baseball team and I usually enjoy the sweet sounds of Snork getting his set on fire like a CVS store. Not as much today.

I was thinking that there was no broadcasting crew in baseball more ill-suited to doing a game in a ballpark with no crowd noise than this one...having watched a little of it, I may have actually been right for once.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1463 on: May 07, 2015, 08:54:08 AM »
two complaints:

1) had to watch all three games on FSN Midwest because we don't get CSN out here, and the Cardinals announcers are the goddamn worst. Up until the Rizzo blast they derided every hit the Cubs had as Lynn being "victimized by bloop hits" and I wanted to ask if any of them even fucking saw how the Cardinals had scored 90% of their runs in the first two games of the series. Then when Molina hit that half swing bouncer off the goddamn plate that somehow went through they didn't say a fucking word. When Rizzo launched that ball into the seats their silence was delicious.

2)Had to run and pickup dinner during the 5th inning because it's always the 5th inning and Coomer went through two strikeouts by Bryant and Soler without ever giving the count for Bryant and giving it maybe once for Soler. He. Is. The. Worst.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1464 on: May 07, 2015, 01:14:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 07, 2015, 08:54:08 AM
two complaints:

1) had to watch all three games on FSN Midwest because we don't get CSN out here, and the Cardinals announcers are the goddamn worst. Up until the Rizzo blast they derided every hit the Cubs had as Lynn being "victimized by bloop hits" and I wanted to ask if any of them even fucking saw how the Cardinals had scored 90% of their runs in the first two games of the series. Then when Molina hit that half swing bouncer off the goddamn plate that somehow went through they didn't say a fucking word. When Rizzo launched that ball into the seats their silence was delicious.

2)Had to run and pickup dinner during the 5th inning because it's always the 5th inning and Coomer went through two strikeouts by Bryant and Soler without ever giving the count for Bryant and giving it maybe once for Soler. He. Is. The. Worst.

Plus, at one point you went to take a piss and stumbled upon two of the hottest girls you'd ever seen chasing each other nude down the hallway.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1465 on: May 07, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 07, 2015, 01:14:50 PM
two complaints:

Plus, at one point you went to take a piss and stumbled upon two of the hottest girls you'd ever seen chasing each other nude down the hallway.

Such a rough life

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1466 on: May 07, 2015, 02:36:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 07, 2015, 01:14:50 PM
two complaints:

And he couldn't even look at them!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1467 on: May 14, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
Is this the Firebarn Ron Coomer thread? Dear Lord that was a terrible couple innings.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1468 on: May 14, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 14, 2015, 02:56:39 PM
Is this the Firebarn Ron Coomer thread? Dear Lord that was a terrible couple innings.

His vacuously paint-by-numbers shtick is infuriating.  He brings nothing, NOTHING, to the broadcast.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1469 on: May 14, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 14, 2015, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 14, 2015, 02:56:39 PM

His vacuously paint-by-numbers shtick is infuriating.  He brings nothing, NOTHING, to the broadcast.

Cubs Radio Color Guys Named Ron: Terrible